It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Dozens of U.S. spies captured in Lebanon and Iran

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Please quote my hateful words.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Been there, done that.

Done playing games with you. Mod staff alerted.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Aim64C

None of my statements were hateful and remained within terms and conditions. Perhaps the mods will see what some of you have been up to during this thread. I have spent a great deal of time defending my personality and character due to some of you lacking the ability to discuss the topic at hand so instead you resort to outright lies and personal insults.

I hope you're ashamed right now because you really should be.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Just a thought... If U.S spies were captured in Lebanon and Iran, A post by my fellow ATSer wrote

MMA trainer Ed Clay volunteers to get waterboarded. Is it Torture!?

At a recent CBS (cough cuuh) debate, candidates like (Romney, Gingrich, Perry, Cain, Bachmann, Santorum) thought waterboarding is not torture!

How would they feel now if there CIA spies were being waterboarded? and would they still think that waterboarding is TORTURE NOW! hmmm kinda makes me think 'one rule for one, and another for them'

No doubt that there will be torture and pain, but thats life... what goes around comes around.

What happened to all the peace!

peace all

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Grand Master

At a recent CBS (cough cuuh) debate, candidates like (Romney, Gingrich, Perry, Cain, Bachmann, Santorum) thought waterboarding is not torture!

How would they feel now if there CIA spies were being waterboarded? and would they still think that waterboarding is TORTURE NOW! hmmm kinda makes me think 'one rule for one, and another for them'

It's still not torture, at least, not by my standards.

Granted, it's quite unpleasant, but it is not torture. It is a conditioning program, designed to condition an individual against lying and to entice them to reveal small bits of information that seem insignificant.

Quite bluntly - it's a mind-#, and little more.

People suffer more psychological trauma for going into isolation chambers for weeks on end.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
These cia agents have some serious blood on their hands, so the more caught the better imho. I once thought prisons were made for those types of people, but that turned out to be another load of BS! like most of what comes out of the wests governments mouths.

Just an observation but
Any ideas why this thread doesn't have the un-flag button like most other threads seem to?

Not that id unflag it anyway as any news showing how corrupt and devious the us gov is in other countries the better.
edit on 23/11/11 by Unrivaled1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 23/11/11 by Unrivaled1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 23/11/11 by Unrivaled1 because: supaedit =)

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Unrivaled1

I got flamed for mentioning that these alleged agents made their bed, now it's time to lay down. Nothing more nothing less. I honestly feel bad for them on a personal level but that doesn't change the fact that these people are potentially spies who were illegally conducting activities in an enemy country.

There is always a good chance that this is not at all what it seems. It could very well be a fake announcement by the Americans but with other countries speaking about their intel on this situation I believe there is at least some truth to the story. How much of it is true is a totally different question.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
reply to post by Aim64C

None of my statements were hateful and remained within terms and conditions. Perhaps the mods will see what some of you have been up to during this thread. I have spent a great deal of time defending my personality and character due to some of you lacking the ability to discuss the topic at hand so instead you resort to outright lies and personal insults.

I hope you're ashamed right now because you really should be.

I would certainly call cheering on the executions of undercover agents hateful in the extreme. I wouldnt wish torture and murder on my worst enemy, and you are wishing it on people who often have the best interests of their respective countries at heart. Yes, they may be wrong in their actions, but is this the answer? Many of these "agents" might be guilty of nothing more than being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Your the one who should be ashamed.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by AlertInMi

Didn't ya know man? 99% of the people who are registered on this site only come to this site as a means to entertain them, nothing more. When it comes down to it, if you want to convince someone of a point of view, you cannot use facts as it has been proven again that people are not motivated by fact, but by emotion. We are, in essence, crippled by our emotions. That is why I honestly think this whole website is pointless. Entertaining but pointless.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by AlertInMi

You seem to be forgetting that this is the internet. Nothing is proof here. Just the nature of the beast. It seems like what you want is for everybody else to do your research for you. Stop being a lazy twit and go and find your own bloody evidence if it bothers you that much. Peace.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
one quick observation and question.

the spies that were captured and/or exposed .....

what nationality are they ?

the cia recruits "locals" whenever possible i think.

maybe some of the people were/are double agents.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

one quick observation and question.

the spies that were captured and/or exposed .....

what nationality are they ?

They are of multiple nationalities.

As I was explaining earlier, you have "Handlers" and you have "informants." Informants are usually locals, handlers are your undercover agents that keep contact with informants, instruct them, and are supposed to alert the informants and the chain of command in event of a compromise that enacts an extraction effort (SWCC and Seals - depending upon how hot the situation is).

In this case - the issue is that many of these networks have not been well tended. Handlers fell into predictable patterns and became complacent. In effect - they weren't taking very good care of their informants.

In all likelihood, though - the informants were simply killed and the handlers (could be of many different nationalities - but ultimately feeding information to the CIA, Interpol, and/or a number of other intel networks) were kept for their value as collateral in trades and bargaining.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
It appears Iran has released more details about the spies that they caught:

Iran says arrests 12 CIA agents amid reports of compromised U.S. ring

An Iranian official disclosed new details Thursday concerning the reporting exposure of a U.S. spy ring in the Islamic Republic, saying that Tehran arrested 12 CIA agents.

Parliamentarian Parviz Sorouri, who sits on the powerful committee of foreign policy and national security, claimed that the arrested agents planned to strike at Iranian interests with the aid of Israel.

Sorouri said the spy network aimed at damaging Iran in the security, military and nuclear sectors.

The Iranian official's comments come after current and former U.S. officials said on Monday that dozens of spies working for the CIA were captured recently in Lebanon and Iran, as well as after Iran's claim earlier this year that it had intercepted a major spy ring.

Following the report of a compromised CIA ring in Lebanon, the French intelligence newsletter Intelligence Online indicated in its latest issue that U.S. Congressman Mike Rogers, a member of the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence, arrived recently in Beirut to probe the affair.

According to Intelligence Online, all CIA officers operating the Beirut station were transferred to Cyprus for security reasons and for further investigations.

I still don't know what to make out of this whole situation but it's very interesting to say the least.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by nightbringr

I shall add you to the long list of liars on this thread. You're at least the 4th person in this thread to quote a snippet of mine and portray it to mean something totally different that what it obviously states. This is getting downright laughable.

I have clarified this many times even though it's perfectly clear I never cheered any of this on. Admitting that they deserve it, does not equal cheering about it. I can only imagine what kind of nonsense you will respond with next.

Have a great day

edit on 24-11-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen

Yeah right. Iranian, Russian, Israeli and more spies are caught all the time and war is not declared.

This could also be an Iranian false flag meant to capture and use American citizens as human shields for the upcoming Israeli-US strike on Iran nuclear and Republican Guard complexes.

well wait a minute .....

maybe it's a Mosadd FF ?

That might help the general public support some more support for under supported factions.

Haaretz is an Israeli source, Yes?

You might want to read my post on the first page right after the one you just quoted.

My post was meant to be tongue-in-cheek, maybe something you dont quite understand. When the USA or Israel do somthing wrong, you haters of all that is western cheer and jeer and hold it up as an example of what is wrong with western society. When Iran, Saudi Arabia, North Korea or anyone else do something wrong, it is ALWAYS a false flag coming from USA, Britian or Israel. The hypocracy is quite rich. I was simply turning the tables. Hey, if you want to believe Iran is a shining example of all that is good in the world and can do no wrong, be my guest. Im simply not that delusional and realize the blame is a little more evenly spread.

edit on 24-11-2011 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

I still don't know what to make out of this whole situation but it's very interesting to say the least.

The Iranian official seems to be making some guesswork.

The "intended to damage x asset" is very broad and can include anything from simple espionage to more complicated sabotage or assassination attempts. I would imagine that, if they had anything solid to go on - they would be making a line-item list of what these spies intended to do.

Which shows some restraint on their part - they aren't outright lying and claiming they were planning to assassinate someone or blow up some factory 007-style. That indicates they are going to try and use this to twist some diplomatic arms in Washington.

Including the "aid of Israel" is simply an emotional ploy. For whatever reason, human beings seem to be inherently polarized on the issue of Israel - people who normally don't have opinions have exceptionally strong ones, and people who are normally rational tend to become raving lunatics (on either side) at the mention of Israel.

Think of it this way - if Mexico uncovered a bunch of UK spies - it would only make sense that those spies be collaborating with the CIA - an agency of the U.S. government, that borders Mexico. Of course Israel is going to be working with (in some capacity) any friendly (and neutral) intelligence assets in a country they border... and have a history of conflict with. It would surprise me if they didn't.

It also makes sense for the CIA to be there. Hezbollah are known to support terrorists and we've captured a number of Iranian nationals working with AQ in both Afghanistan and Iraq. Further - Israel is a friendly nation (at worst - they are a bit subversive; compared to people who will commission people to blow you up) - with Iran and Israel both rattling sabres - you can bet we have intelligence assets on both sides of the conflict (kind of helps to know if one of your allies is about to go Leroy Jenkins on you).

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by nightbringr

Originally posted by xuenchen

Yeah right. Iranian, Russian, Israeli and more spies are caught all the time and war is not declared.

This could also be an Iranian false flag meant to capture and use American citizens as human shields for the upcoming Israeli-US strike on Iran nuclear and Republican Guard complexes.

well wait a minute .....

maybe it's a Mosadd FF ?

That might help the general public support some more support for under supported factions.

Haaretz is an Israeli source, Yes?

You might want to read my post on the first page right after the one you just quoted.

My post was meant to be tongue-in-cheek, maybe something you dont quite understand. When the USA or Israel do somthing wrong, you haters of all that is western cheer and jeer and hold it up as an example of what is wrong with western society. When Iran, Saudi Arabia, North Korea or anyone else do something wrong, it is ALWAYS a false flag coming from USA, Britian or Israel. The hypocracy is quite rich. I was simply turning the tables. Hey, if you want to believe Iran is a shining example of all that is good in the world and can do no wrong, be my guest. Im simply not that delusional and realize the blame is a little more evenly spread.

yes of course.

I was extending the irony.

You're taking all this a bit too seriously.

It was a joke for god's sake !

I assume that none of the captured "spies" were American.

I for one am not even convinced that any spies at all were even "captured".
It is old news being rekindled for an agenda.

What are the nationalities of the spies?

I'm not seeing that info in any articles.
Maybe that info is in an old article.

AND, I'm NOT a "hater" as YOU so gallantly put it !

Be extra careful when you accuse, especially after a knee jerk reaction.

One sided conversations only work while looking in a mirror.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Fair enough, my apologies.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   

"I would certainly call cheering on the executions of undercover agents hateful in the extreme. I wouldnt wish torture and murder on my worst enemy, and you are wishing it on people who often have the best interests of their respective countries at heart. Yes, they may be wrong in their actions, but is this the answer? Many of these "agents" might be guilty of nothing more than being in the wrong place at the wrong time. Your the one who should be ashamed. "

Laughably naive. These people are likely local asset traitors supplying intelligence to the enemy.. which is sometimes used to kill their fellow nationals. Thats a crime in the US.. vicarious liability murder, punishable by death.

Exactly the justice they deserve if guilty.. lie with dogs, get fleas. I wont cheer their suffering, but I wholeheartedly cheer with all the glee I can muster at spook failure... "hip, hip..hooooray!!!! hip, hip..horaaayyy!!".. their failure is DC mafia failure, 3 more cheers!! wooot woot woot!!

In a just world these criminals in action, and their gop/dnc party leader handlers, would be a criminal enterprise.. imagine the death, mayhem, suffering and misery they have caused based on lies?.. anyone who freely associates with death monger nazis deserves every ounce of horrific karma its possible to absorb.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by GovtFlu

Funny, because the people who yell the loudest for the execution of these people are the first to throw up their arms and yell "false flag!" anytime the US government catches spies from elsewhere.

And wasnt it fairly recently a group of US hikers were detained in Iran? Werent these people labeled "spies", yet not a lick of evidence supplied? I suppose you would call for the execution of these people as well. Hell, you dont need evidence! Iran hangs gays, and they surely would have hung these poor men if it wasnt for the ransom money the US paid to secure their release. Sickening.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   

" Funny, because the people who yell the loudest for the execution of these people are the first to throw up their arms and yell "false flag!" anytime the US government catches spies from elsewhere. And wasnt it fairly recently a group of US hikers were detained in Iran? Werent these people labeled "spies", yet not a lick of evidence supplied? I suppose you would call for the execution of these people as well. Hell, you dont need evidence! Iran hangs gays, and they surely would have hung these poor men if it wasnt for the ransom money the US paid to secure their release. Sickening. "

If those "poor men" (lol) were indeed henchmen for the gangster elite.. they disgraced themselves by accepting employ as compartmentalized alphabet lackeys. Any suffering or hardship they brought upon themselves.. I'd be generous enough to give them a Darwin award, posthumously.

The easiest way to avoid an "Iranian" rope around your neck is to stay home and find a reputable job... once they put themselves in harms way for 2.0 nazis, I no longer care what team their on or which cloth on a stick they rally under. I hope anyone working for violent amoral evil fails in humiliating epic fashion. I celebrate it with the utmost glee.

Perhaps there was a lick of evidence offered during their court proceedings?.. even two licks and a slurp maybe? Or does "Iran" not allow evidence in their courts?.. it is nutty Iran after all, eh?.. so a judge probably lops off the head of a live chicken while screaming "die infidel" as tap dancing jurors play the kazoo..sentence is imposed based on which "square of justice" the bird falls on... lol

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join