It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Dozens of U.S. spies captured in Lebanon and Iran

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

I thought the RULES were dont get caught.

C(aught) I(n the) A(ct) never did follow rules...

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Expat888

Great acronym

They always get caught with their hand in the cookie jar.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Just checking back into this thread to remind everyone that no one actually wins a war. Also, the USA would eviscerate Iran if the politicians allowed it. It would take 3 days tops.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Expat888

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13

I thought the RULES were dont get caught.

C(aught) I(n the) A(ct) never did follow rules...

What you say what rules huh
I hear ya..

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by BIGPoJo
Just checking back into this thread to remind everyone that no one actually wins a war. Also, the USA would eviscerate Iran if the politicians allowed it. It would take 3 days tops.

Try drinking water for a change..
Government Kool-Aid is harmful to your health.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
reply to post by Expat888

Great acronym

They always get caught with their hand in the cookie jar.

first heard that one back in my days with s.o.g in vietnam during the 60's ... It fits they always live up to it.. no idea who came up with it originally ..

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
It seems Time is even covering this even though it's the exact same article reprinted so far in all the sources I have seen.

We might see this all over the evening news.

TIME TIME.com U.S.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Good, Hezbollah is a State sponsored terror organization. That's what the CIA does.

I'm also positive all players have spies in other countries. Iraq is likely crawling with Iranian Agents and Hezbollah.

We know that the UK, Russia, China and many other countries have spies. Those three likely have spies in Iran themselves all the time. Iran likely has spies all over the world. Who's fooling whom here?

As far as Hezbollah, clearly an arm of the Iranian government and a genuine Terrorist organization. Not to mention they are an agent of Iran while attempting to take over governments. Only people who support terrorism would say otherwise and of course they are the worst of the worst themselves. Interesting their supporters yell and scream about how Iran never invaded anyone and yet they are actively trying to topple governments and control them as we have this conversation. Propagandists and liars everywhere.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

I'm also sure Iran is always trying to gather intelligence as well. Let me ask you this please. When is the last time dozens of Iranian spies have been caught on an enemy country's soil?

I'm not saying it's never happened it's just I have never heard about it. What I have heard a lot about is American spies being caught in countless countries up to no good. This is very common. Do you deny this?

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   

What can be expected when the CIA takes the taxpayers money hide it in a black hole then use it to start wars all over the planet.? It isn't a new story but it is definitely more predominate.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   

CIA spies aren't regular soldiers. They are criminals carrying out crimes against humanity and deserve to be punished if caught. End of story.

I, seriously, have to question whether or not to evoke the warning button on this for a violation of TOS.

Your words are, legally, slander.

Seriously, it's disgusting.

"Blah-blah, spies are criminals, blah blah, lower than dirt, blah blah, deserve what comes to them."

Nations spy on each other and various organizations (particularly those fond of raising and training paramilitary forces). The main reason the U.S. and Russia never came to blows over many issues was the level of espionage we were carrying out on each other. Fear of the unknown is one of the greatest factors behind cases of excessive force. When countries and groups do not feel they can trust each other - they spy on each other. If they do not or cannot, they are far more likely to resort to preemptive hostilities with the justification of self-defense.

Why does spying reduce hostilities? Because you have a better picture of the capabilities and intent of a group/nation. It becomes much more likely for you to pick up on an impending attack in time to counter it - meaning you can simply remain in a state of alert rather than continuously staring down your hypothetical sights, being forced into split-second judgment calls.

reply to post by Maxmars

You have a report. Dispute it, affirm it, or ask questions. Again: Do not discuss other members.

I'll go ahead and say I should, honestly, not be bringing this up 'publicly' - but I am going to call this.

The OP posted a report and made the discussion about the character and personality of the spies that were subjects of the report.

This sets a double-standard where the posters are free to berate and degrade people they have never met, and set a hostile forum atmosphere for other members - and those who call these members on the issue end up with the warnings.

This, is, overall, contributing to a gradual degrade in the quality of ATS discussion. The "stars" say it all in this thread. The extreme, degrading, unprofessional, disrespectful posts in this thread have gotten the most "thumbs up" - while intelligent discussion (to include the more reasonable ones from the OP since his needlessly hostile and judgmental intro) has gone more-or-less unrecognized.

This is not the only case of this - and it has become even more common, especially since disputes over the OWS movement.

I'm not attempting to derail this conversation, or start an argument. I'm simply posting my opinion on how this thread has played out, and how there are some very, very, toxic double-standards being developed within this community - for everyone who reads this to think about.

You have proven your lack of intelligence to discuss the topic at hand so you resort to name calling and slandering. You are too much of a coward to properly debate so you mask your frustration with hostility.

.... Right, I almost forgot about you....

Let's start with the basics:

"Who" are these spies?

What were they doing?

How were they doing it?

There's a number of other questions that can get into the specifics of your reasoning - but your extreme comments to begin with, really, distract from the conversation at hand.

Spies do many things. It can be very simple, as Maxmars has already pointed out. These, however, are not technically classified as "spies" by our agencies. They are informants - the sources of information for spies.

"Spies" are actually classified more as "handlers" - they often pretend to be (or -are-) representatives from various technology firms and the like. They directly observe events, but also try to make contacts in the region to give them more information - more permanent/willing/talkative ones become informants.

It is the duty of every handler to protect that informant - particularly ones in 'hot' zones. It really sucks to get caught - so a reputation of getting people caught tends to turn people off to the idea of being a reliable informant. Our special warfare groups have had massive increases in manpower over the past few years, and a very substantial amount of time, they are deployed. What are they doing? In many cases - they are extracting informants and their families - particularly when information from an informant is acted upon in a manner that compromises the informant's identity.

There will be a review of this. Why did the handler's precautions fail? Was he/she negligent? Did the informants compromise the handler? Does this indicate a failure of policy?

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   

I am an American. I live in America. I am a registered voter. I love the Constitution.

I say kill the spies.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Aim64C

I, seriously, have to question whether or not to evoke the warning button on this for a violation of TOS.

Care to elaborate? Got links?

"Who" are these spies?

What were they doing?

How were they doing it?

I don't know you tell me Einstein.

The OP posted a report and made the discussion about the character and personality of the spies that were subjects of the report.

That's kind of vague. This is ATS. You're going to have to be a bit more specific if you're going to throw around such accusations. Care to explain how I made the discussion about the character and personality of the spies?

Sounds like you're a little butt hurt that they got caught?
edit on 21-11-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Aim64C

CIA spies aren't regular soldiers. They are criminals carrying out crimes against humanity and deserve to be punished if caught. End of story.

Seriously, it's disgusting.

"Blah-blah, spies are criminals, blah blah, lower than dirt, blah blah, deserve what comes to them."

And, the words are legally free speech.

Keep THAT in mind.

Your words are also free speech.

So are mine !

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   

You need to catch up on Iraq. Don't know what else to say if you have not been following the news on Iraq the last decade. Most of the deaths in Iraq are from Muslims killing other Muslims and their arms and funding come from Iran indirectly through Hezbollah. Also in Lebanon. Hardly a secret.

The Kurds and the Shia will be slaughtered when we leave. Who do you think is funding that and arming the insurgents? Once we leave the mass graves will start filling up again. You don't buy into Sharia, they want you dead.

My thoughts are simple, anyone or any government who sponsors or apologizes for them are one of them. We see obvious propagandists here all the time.

Why do you suppose that none of the Arab States have sided with Iran in the latest goings on in the UN. They are plenty worried about this.

The US would totally incompetent if they were not monitoring Hezbollah. The CIA gathers intelligence from inside. It's their job and they often risk their own lives willingly to do that.

Hezbollah has been reported to be in Cuba and Mexico. They are attempting to take complete control of Lebanon and if they do, then Lebanon will have been taken over by Iran. Pretending they are not Iran is just more propaganda. They are most certainly in Turkey as well and not only spying, they are taking direct action.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Hezbollah has been reported to be in Cuba and Mexico.

So has the CIA.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
these days if you want to get rid of a member of the opposition you just set him up to look like he is spying for you.

Hezbollah and Iran are so paranoid that it would be so easy to get rid of good people in there organizations.

Admiral Wilhelm Canaries the head of German military intelligence was a double agent for the British

Leads you to wonder how many spy hunters in the Hezbollah or in Iran are working for the CIA or MI6

These day with the Internet it would not be hard to set up some one as a spy in Lebanon or Iran.
they are so paranoid that sending a email to someone you want to set up with a encrypted massage in it that Hezbollah and Iran can not break would get them arrested as a spy.

I have been doing this to spammers from china for years.
I send them encrypted massage asking for more military secrets and adding that i will pay them the same as i did before.
I wonder what the chinese use for torture.
edit on 21-11-2011 by ANNED because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   

You're accusing Iran of trying to topple Iraq by the claim that they might be supplying weapons to the Iraqis? It's very probable that some Iranian arms end up in Iraq due to them being neighbors. That doesn't change the fact that America and it's allies are also flooding Iraq with arms. Does that mean the US is trying to topple Iraq? In other words your theory that Iran is responsible for trying to overthrow Iraq doesn't hold water in my opinion.

As for your claim that Hezbollah is in Cuba and Mexico I will accept that as part of your debate once it's proven. The only proven thing right now is dozens of U.S. spies captured in Lebanon and Iran. Your deflections are futile.

Do you really believe the media's previous claims of "Arabic" looking men in Cuba and Mexico? That was right around when Bush Jr was busy taking all your freedoms away.

Can you say fabricated bogey man?

Can you say you fell for it?
edit on 21-11-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANNED
these days if you want to get rid of a member of the opposition you just set him up to look like he is spying for you.

Hezbollah and Iran are so paranoid that it would be so easy to get rid of good people in there organizations.

Admiral Wilhelm Canaries the head of German military intelligence was a double agent for the British

Leads you to wonder how many spy hunters in the Hezbollah or in Iran are working for the CIA or MI6.

These day with the Internet it would not be hard to set up some one as a spy in Lebanon or Iran.
they are so paranoid that sending a email to someone you want to set up with a encrypted massage in it that Hezbollah and Iran can not break would get them arrested as a spy.

I have been doing this to spammers from china for years. I send them encrypted massage asking for more military secrets and adding that i will pay them the same as i did before. I wonder what the chinese use for torture.
edit on 21-11-2011 by ANNED because: (no reason given)

That.Is.Just.PURE.EVIL!

Ontopic: Over the years I have learned that if something regarding Western Intelligence is in the news, it aint true. Especially when it involves high-level Intel Agencies like the CIA, Mossad, ISI or MI6(aka SIS).

IT--
edit on 21-11-2011 by edog11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Assume much? Follow me from thread to thread? I have NEVER replied to you before today.Its a coincidence that it is 2 times today.. its is obvious I find your view ridiculous and frankly deluded with hate .. I simply spot checked your history to see the hypocrisy.

You haven't made any assumptions? Are you lying or do you really believe yourself when you turn opinion and assumptions into facts?

You ASSUMED the assassination plot against the Saudi was an American FF... You imply that Israel is only a false flag away from attacking Iran.. All of those are your assumptions.. Where did I get it wrong?

Watch this.. I can make you deflect and run...

And this was all because of a false flag that the Americans fabricated. Imagine if the Americans actually found a real Iranian spy ring operating on U.S. soil.

And yes I admit that there is no proof that the Iranian "plot" was a false flag but the evidence points towards it being all made up versus it holding any truth.

Show me ONE SINGLE OUNCE of proof or evidence that points to your assumption.. This is great... Don't you know that people read the words you type?

You specifically said "evidence" .. Now share this evidence with us!

This place is AMAZING - you have the whole gambit here including deluded, self absorbed people, that type for drama, not for truth!
edit on 21-11-2011 by AlertInMi because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join