It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Secret Service for We the People

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 04:13 PM
link   
This is in light of the LAX incident.

Why don't we the people have a Secret Service like the President?? 9/11 has shown that civilians are in play, so why don't we have professional security for us taxpayers too? A discriminating force to guard places where large crowds gather i.e. airports, sea-ports, train stations etc... Smart serious people who know what they're looking for. Why do we get stuck with minimum wage power-obsessed rent-a-cops asking lame questions that can be answered with a lie?

"Did you pack your own bags?"

"No, Allah packed my bags. Can I go now?"

A Secret Service for the people would be like the actual Secret Service: a well-dressed,well-paid, elite unit- part soldier, part cop, part detective, and part psychiatrist who, like the president's posse, realize there no time to stop and search everyone and no sense in directing their attentions randomly.They'd know how to scan a crowd, identify incongruities, all while watching but not being watched.

The government should be appealing to our best and brightest, asking them to rise to the challenge, but also paying them well to do so. After all, you get what you pay for.

If we paid 10,000 highly paid professional agents $100,000 a year, it would cost 1 billion dollars. 1 billion!? the Pentagon loses that much before lunch everyday, and they don't even know on what.

We all need bodyguards now. Can you honestly think of anything better to spend money on?

[edit on 9/4/2004 by s13guy]

new topics

join