It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK severs ties with Iranian banks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   

UK severs ties with Iranian banks

It follows the International Atomic Energy Agency's report on Iran and concerns about its nuclear programme.

From 1500 GMT on Monday, all UK credit and financial institutions are required to cease all transactions with banks including the Central Bank of Iran.

Chancellor George Osborne said there was evidence that Iran's banks were funding its nuclear weapons programme.

This is the first time the UK has used powers created under the 2008 Counter-Terrorism Act to cut off a country's banking sector in this way.

Mr Osborne said: "We have ceased all contact between the UK's financial system and the Iranian financial system.

"We're doing this because of international evidence that Iran's banks are involved in the development of Iran's weaponised military nuclear weapon programme.

"We're doing this to improve the security not just of the whole world, but the national security of the United Kingdom."

Iran insists its nuclear programme is purely civilian and for scientific research, but Western nations fear it is trying to build a nuclear weapon.

A report from the IAEA earlier this month said the organisation had "serious concerns regarding possible military dimensions to Iran's nuclear programme".

It said Iran had "carried out activities relevant to the development of a nuclear explosive device".

www.bbc.co.uk...
edit on 21-11-2011 by keepithush because: Updated thread as the report updated to mention it was George Osbourne's decision.

Mod Edit: Please do NOT only post a story;

Please post the story ( 3 paragraphs with [e x] tags.
Your personal opinion of the story.

edit on 11/21/2011 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/21/2011 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

With respect I did what most people seem to do, added my personal opinion below the main post in a separate post, just someone posted before I got chance to post my follow up post (how many times did I say post there?)
Didn't know I had to strictly do the [­ex]quote[/­­ex] thing but do now, thanks for the heads up.
edit on 21-11-2011 by keepithush because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
And so it begins,

When are they going to learn?

When are we going to learn? The only protest worth mentioning, don't even know who is causing the problems!

Occupy, march on DC/Westminster etc, MAKE them listen.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
So we are back onto the WoMD scenario.
I am pretty sure they milked this to death with Iraq and in the end it turned out "oops, we was wrong!"
Of course this is a sure sign to me that there is something brewing.
Face it folks, Iran is destined to be attacked.
Obama will make sure this happens before he is kicked from office...except what will happen is some false flag terror attack and the sheeple will vote him back in.
It's Bush and Iraq storyline recycled...AGAIN!
and David Cameron will play the Tony Blair lapdog role and of course support Obama...but then Obama could outright state he is going to nuke the North pole because he didn't get what he wanted for Christmas and Cameron would be offering to send more of our restricted military resources in to liberate the elves.
edit on 21-11-2011 by keepithush because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by keepithush

Re Obama and to quote Star Wars (god damn you George Lucas for changing it AGAIN!):

"Who's the more foolish? The fool or the fool who follows him?"

So according to Star Wars logic. If America falls for this a second time round then it deserves all it gets. Obi-wan can't be wrong.
lol

Rev

edit on 21/11/2011 by revmoofoo because: Typo

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
OoOoOoOoO...and Tehran is supposed to care about this, because?? As a tripwire move to advertise England's intentions to Iran it's a stellar success. Iran now knows just how close to war Britain actually feels they are. However, they can do all the financial nasty bads to Iran they want. It will have absolutely no effect. It was anticipated and planned for.

Iran converted everything it could from investments and foreign accounts into precious metals and other hard commodities for transfer back to Tehran shortly after the 2003 invasion of Iraq. Anyone else recall that and now odd it seemed at the time? Iran has thought this all through and was preparing for this phase 7 YEARS ago... Get ready because all sides want this war to happen and it isn't far away now.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by keepithush
Chancellor George Osborne said there was evidence that Iran's banks were funding its nuclear weapons programme.

Mr Osborne said: "We have ceased all contact between the UK's financial system and the Iranian financial system.

"We're doing this because of international evidence that Iran's banks are involved in the development of Iran's weaponised military nuclear weapon programme."

OK so they have 100% concrete proof they are funding a nuclear weapon programme.
Please remember that folks, no maybes, no 'allegedly', no suspected scenario, he has outright stated for a fact that they know with no doubt that there is a nuclear weapon programme which Iran's banks are funding!!!
Let's see how that one turns out.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
This is yet another instance of the UK government doing what it likes without asking the people. If the UK asked its people what it should do, this would not be it.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Here comes WWIII !

This move also shows the UK is yet again America's lapdog.
Sorry for the thread drift, but why doesn't the UK stand on it's own two feet ?

I bet BAE are up in arms (pun intended) as they can not do any more filthy deals to Iran.
edit on 21/11/2011 by diddy1234 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Clearly Britain is getting "out of Dodge" before all hell lets loose. Very suggestive move.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by diddy1234
Here comes WWIII !

This move also shows the UK is yet again America's lapdog.
Sorry for the thread drift, but why doesn't the UK stand on it's own two feet ?

I bet BAE are up in arms (pun intended) as they can not do any more filthy deals to Iran.
edit on 21/11/2011 by diddy1234 because: (no reason given)

Why would they be up in arms given that they make/service/upgrade a lot of Americas hardware.. I suspect they would be rubbing their hands together.

The combat vehicles they currently make:
www.baesystems.com...

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
BAE has been reprimanded more than once for its shady deals.

Remember the Saudi prince affair ?

They will no doubt go on to make even more money doing deals with Americas military but I suspect BAE would love to supply both sides in a war (just like America did with the Iran - Iraq war).

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
A subtle declaration of war.

Iran doesn't stand a chance. They're dead and they know it. Unless they have brains in their heads and dump Trillions in fake British Pound paper currency around the world and watch what happens after that.

Iran would do more damage doing such than a "WMD"....that they have no Air Force to deliver.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
This move is more indicative of a coming war than all the saber rattling and macho buffoonery combined.

Next, the scapegoating and patriotic music!

God help us!

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Looks like Irans banks are not playing ball with the big dogs and so they are trying to punish them. The Western banks like charging money on interest and fiat money, that is why they hate Irans central bank which is government owned and not private Rothschild owned.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
US imposes new sanctions on Iranian banks
Published by Charleston Voice

This event should be nothing new to regular subscribers as we've been reporting on these acts-of-war by the US for months:

US Attacks on Iran's Monetary System Take Hold - an Act of War by the US by any measure!

The US Plan To Collapse Iran's Central Bank

chasvoice.blogspot.com...

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Its funny how this executive order comes just a day before an artiicle suggest Iran bribed China to veto UN vote on Syria, and how US is disgusted, could this be linked? conservativebyte.com...

join