It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Officers In Pepper Spray Incident Placed On Leave

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   
msnbc.com

OAKLAND — A California university placed two of its police officers on administrative leave Sunday because of their involvement in the pepper spraying of passively sitting protesters, while the school's chancellor accelerated a task force's investigation into the incident amid calls for her resignation.

We have seen the video in this thread, so I thought everyone would like to know that we do indeed have the power to make sure events like this don't happen again. Our power seems to be video and the internet, no wonder "they" want to censor it. Let's keep them honest. Whether you agree with what people are protesting or not it's important that we all speak out against this disgusting habit of unwarranted violence against peaceful protesters.

Every American should be outraged by these attacks, by our police, on orders of our government (well in this case by University Administration), against citizens excercising their Constitutional Rights. Don't condone it, don't tolerate it, don't laugh it off because someday it might be your turn to take to the streets.
edit on 21-11-2011 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Only disloyal, unpatriotic American would support the actions of the Police Officers.

You are so correct stating it does not matter what grievance a protester has, nor if we agree, the one thing that is certain is that the Protester has the RIGHT to peacefully assembly and give redress to the Government and anyone who does not support that fact is a disloyal, unpatriotic Anti-American, which makes them an enemy of We the People.

This incident can be use as a litmus test to reveal those that are in our midst that want to see the destruction of our Nation.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Great news. He probably doesn't know the first amendment hence why he became a police officer. Ignorance is required. Im English and I think I know the Bill Of Rights better than that man, it doesn't even apply to me. I believe justice for once has been served, even though he should really be fired.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
yeah, a paid vacation will teach em.
why are these idiots calling for the chancellors resignation? what did she do? i say fire the pigs that did it!

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Tea4One

I don't wish to condemn all by the actions of a few, I think that is unfair and sometimes steers us directions we end up not liking. I agree however that cop guilty of such acts should be fired and when warranted, arrested and charged with a crime. No one is supposed to be above the law in the US.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

True, the police's actions have annoyed me though, it just seems to me the majority are scum bags. Anyone out their "monitoring" the peaceful protests with riot gear and all that weaponry are sad excuses for human beings, I have no sympathy for them at all and thus I shall continue to thoroughly despise them.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
pepper spray is a non lethal justified use of force right ?

so get # loads of it and give pigs a bath in stuff !!

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Nice to see that the US piggers are right up there with the best that places like Syria have to offer.

I am the son of a State Police officer. I fully understand the stresses of such a job, and the respect many police deserve. There is a huge difference between a respectable police officer and these pigs.

These pigs are the reason the term PIG came into use to describe... pigs.

And yeah, I wonder what it's like to have a job where you can be filmed clearly committing assault and battery and get a paid vacation? Pigs.

And they were concerned for their safety? Maybe these pig cowards should have gone into a different line of work.

Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs. Can't say it enough. Pigs. There are no words available to describe the disgust these pigs engender...

Anybody want to take any bets that absolutely NOTHING will happen to these pigs? That an "objective' review will conclude they were justified?

Pigs. The term is used here deliberately. These pigs are pigs. Scum. The worst of the worst. Mercenary pigs.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Open_Minded Skeptic
Nice to see that the US piggers are right up there with the best that places like Syria have to offer.

I am the son of a State Police officer. I fully understand the stresses of such a job, and the respect many police deserve. There is a huge difference between a respectable police officer and these pigs.

These pigs are the reason the term PIG came into use to describe... pigs.

And yeah, I wonder what it's like to have a job where you can be filmed clearly committing assault and battery and get a paid vacation? Pigs.

And they were concerned for their safety? Maybe these pig cowards should have gone into a different line of work.

Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs. Can't say it enough. Pigs. There are no words available to describe the disgust these pigs engender...

Anybody want to take any bets that absolutely NOTHING will happen to these pigs? That an "objective' review will conclude they were justified?

Pigs. The term is used here deliberately. These pigs are pigs. Scum. The worst of the worst. Mercenary pigs.

Quoted for truth.

I hope they get sacked (they won't) and I hope she gets sacked, calling the filth on a student demo which was in the middle of a large grassy area, is bang out of order and certainly wasn't for the benifit of the kids.

top topics

join