It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will China acquire an aircraft carrier?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Man china doesn't have any cavity torpedoes they got crappy ones. All these theories china has this and that don't make me go into theories about what the US has ok!
I think its only a matter of time before china builds a small carrier maybe one the size of the British carriers.

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Look at following pictures, they represent the latest advancement of Chinese Navy.

img77.exs.cx...

Above are parts of a new member, and saw for the first time for me. I have not see the whole ship yet.

Following 2208 represent a new class of small and stealth ships. In a few years, China will have a large pack of them.
img77.exs.cx...

Mod Edit: Image was too large, replaced with link

[edit on 14-9-2004 by zcheng]

[edit on 14-9-2004 by Spectre]

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Man that ship is crap I don't see what makes it so stealthy but whatever. And those ships are nothing compared to the new DDX destroys the US navy will be getting soon.

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Well if China does acquire an aircraft carrier, will it be able to compete with the CVN-77 due to be commissioned in 2008?

Or how about the CVN-78, due to be commissioned in 2013?

1,092' X 252' * 85 Aircraft* 30+ knots*

*hypothetical, based on Nimitz-class

See more at:

www.starshiplexington.com...

China had better get some of them 1.3 BILLION people to working to catch up.

[edit on 14/9/04 by Intelearthling]

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Intelearthling

China is working on more powerful, faster, and stealth missile to take out those large coffins in the ocean. When the attack comes, it will be like a swarm of bees, and no way to defend from all bees.

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by zcheng

China is working on more powerful, faster, and stealth missile to take out those large coffins in the ocean. When the attack comes, it will be like a swarm of bees, and no way to defend from all bees.

Man, those missiles you've got has got to be very accurate and powerful to send so many at one time, where they'll be swarming like bees!

You said, "when the attack comes". Is this admission that your country has the desire to confront the United States in an armed conflict?

And on top of that, you say "working on more powerful, faster, and stealth missile" like you've got a powerful, fast and stealthy one now!

Man, you Chinese are hell-bent on starting a war!

That will be a terrible thing to happen; on Chinas part!

So, tell your government not to think about it!

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Well if China does acquire an aircraft carrier, will it be able to compete with the CVN-77 due to be commissioned in 2008?

Or how about the CVN-78, due to be commissioned in 2013?

Yeah right when china will acquire a carrier it wont even be able to be compared with our CVN-68 let alone our newer 77's and 78's.
The US has 60+ years of building carriers under its belt china wont catch up just cuz it copied one in 2-3 years.

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 09:23 PM
link   

You said, "when the attack comes". Is this admission that your country has the desire to confront the United States in an armed conflict?

And on top of that, you say "working on more powerful, faster, and stealth missile" like you've got a powerful, fast and stealthy one now!

I said so, because what you said: " China had better get some of them 1.3 BILLION people to working to catch up". To me, it is a veiled threat. We do not wither with threat, we will defeat threat like this.

I know currently China has the capability to take out Carriers near Chinese coast, if they dear to attack PLA.

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Man, you Chinese are hell-bent on starting a war!

That will be a terrible thing to happen; on Chinas part!

So, tell your government not to think about it!

We are fortunate that Zcheng is not in charge. I do find his ramblings funny though. That being said, I doubt China will go to war with its biggest trading partner. I posted a thread on water use and China is slowly becoming dependant on grain imports as well. Starve the Dragon free an island or something like that

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 10:45 PM
link   

I said so, because what you said: " China had better get some of them 1.3 BILLION people to working to catch up". To me, it is a veiled threat. We do not wither with threat, we will defeat threat like this.

I have no idea what you're talking about when you say veiled threat. I was not threatening anyone, just merely pointing out facts.

China has 4 times the people that the United States has and still lag behind 40 years in the military industry and we haven't got one like I think we should have. We give you funding after funding and your government is not properly applying it towards the critical areas where it's needed. If you keep it up, we're just going to have to cut off the flow of capital to your country and give to somebody that can invest it in real, weaponry!

Not toys!

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 09:11 AM
link   

I have no idea what you're talking about when you say veiled threat. I was not threatening anyone, just merely pointing out facts.

China has 4 times the people that the United States has and still lag behind 40 years in the military industry and we haven't got one like I think we should have. We give you funding after funding and your government is not properly applying it towards the critical areas where it's needed. If you keep it up, we're just going to have to cut off the flow of capital to your country and give to somebody that can invest it in real, weaponry!

Not toys!

China knows we are behind US and is learning and catching up fast.

I wish China will sell or send some of those toys to Iraqi Resistance. US should have no objection to it, since they are toys.

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Not toys!

China knows we are behind US and is learning and catching up fast.

I wish China will sell or send some of those toys to Iraqi Resistance. US should have no objection to it, since they are toys.

The problem is China's defence budget is pocket change compared to the US.

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by mad scientist
The problem is China's defence budget is pocket change compared to the US.

Yeah. I do not see why some get alarmed when China increase some in defense budget. Are they insane or total hypocrites? US spend more in millitary than that of the rest of world combined.

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyIvan
any ship, plane, tank, or any pice of military equiment that the chinese have is nothing compared to western technoogy and training. it may look big and bad but its pretty sad when our tanks can take out chinese tanks before our tanks are in the chinese tanks maximum effective range.

I see pictured of burned MiA1 in Iraq, and Iraqi Resistance mostly have only AK-47 and RPGs. I admit West hypes are much bigger and powerful than that of China.

Even if US or West Tanks were so invincible, where will they face that of China? from US carriers?

And if you actually "read" the story behind that picture of the M1 you would know that it was bombed by the hyping people from the west aka the USofA! Something happened to it, so the US bombed it so the AK & RPG toting iraqis couldnt try to use it.

IMO China just copies what everyone else does, as they cant seem to think outside the box or very creatively on their own, but I guess thats what an oppresive communist regime does to people? China is always getting caught trying to steal this or that from the US govt and even private companies like the Huawei/Cisco fiasco . I'm willing to bet that the US feeds the Chinese fake secrets and purposely flaws desgins that they know they will take. I also bet that in all of China's stealing, copying, borrowing or whatever you want to call they miss a few important minor details that become fatally obvious when put to the test on a battlefield
especially if its against the people that they got the technology/idea from. Like the saying about someone teaching you everything they know, but they always keep a few tricks up their sleeve for the "what if scenario".

[edit on 16-9-2004 by boosted]

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by boosted
IMO China just copies what everyone else does, as they cant seem to think outside the box or very creatively on their own, but I guess thats what an oppresive communist regime does to people? China is always getting caught trying to steal this or that from the US govt and even private companies like the Huawei/Cisco fiasco . I'm willing to bet that the US feeds the Chinese fake secrets and purposely flaws desgins that they know they will take. I also bet that in all of China's stealing, copying, borrowing or whatever you want to call they miss a few important minor details that become fatally obvious when put to the test on a battlefield
especially if its against the people that they got the technology/idea from. Like the saying about someone teaching you everything they know, but they always keep a few tricks up their sleeve for the "what if scenario".

We know the huge pipeline explosion of Soviet Union. We know there are lots of backdoors left by big companies like Microsoft, Intel, and Cisco, Boeing.

That is why it is so important for China to have domestic replacements at at least for critical areas. We are making progress.

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 01:12 PM
link   
China is converting it's military into an offensive force, very dangerous for all the peace loving Asian democracies in the region.
There will be a war eventually between teh US and China.

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Okay, why is everyone so worked up about China copying stuff? It's completely irrelevant!

Either you are stuck in 2nd grade or you believe in some more of these strange "world morals," which are highly stupid anyway, but just because a nation copies you doesn't say anything about it's superiority or inferiority.

Get over it. If it doesn't work against you, it doesn't matter!

Ooh, China's copying off of me! I'm telling the teacher!

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by sweatmonicaIdo
Okay, why is everyone so worked up about China copying stuff? It's completely irrelevant!

Either you are stuck in 2nd grade or you believe in some more of these strange "world morals," which are highly stupid anyway, but just because a nation copies you doesn't say anything about it's superiority or inferiority.

Get over it. If it doesn't work against you, it doesn't matter!

Ooh, China's copying off of me! I'm telling the teacher!

I wasnt worked up about anything. I was just making a comment about how China copies, and trys to steal A LOT of things IMO, not that the US doesnt
. It has nothing to do with the 2nd grade, or strange & stupid world morals.

I was also pointing out that the US feeds the Chinese bogus secret information; because they will go try to use it

I also made a point about about how stealing, copying etc.. will only get you so far, especially when your copied tech, equipment is put to the test against the equipment, and technology actually designed and built by the creators and inventors of it. For instance lets say the US builds a new radar system, and the chinese try to copy it. OK so the chinese can beg, borrow, or steal the some of the technology or even a large piece of it. Do you really think that the Chinese are going to have a superior radar system at the end of the day with their copied system??? While it may be possible, I reeeeeeeeeaaaaaally doubt it. Also think about how the people who designed the radar system know the whole inner workings of it forward and backwards so they will be able to use that knowledge to their advantage in countering the copied hunk of crap. Does that make sense?

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 03:01 PM
link   
boosted,

It wasn't directed only at you, it was directed to the China-haters who cry so much about China cheating and breaking the code of honor.

Yes, what you wrote makes sense, but it remains to be seen.

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by boosted
I also made a point about about how stealing, copying etc.. will only get you so far, especially when your copied tech, equipment is put to the test against the equipment, and technology actually designed and built by the creators and inventors of it. For instance lets say the US builds a new radar system, and the chinese try to copy it. OK so the chinese can beg, borrow, or steal the some of the technology or even a large piece of it. Do you really think that the Chinese are going to have a superior radar system at the end of the day with their copied system??? While it may be possible, I reeeeeeeeeaaaaaally doubt it. Also think about how the people who designed the radar system know the whole inner workings of it forward and backwards so they will be able to use that knowledge to their advantage in countering the copied hunk of crap. Does that make sense?

The backdoors left by US should be a great concern for people in charge of critical infrastructures in China. You simply can not trust US or anyone for that matter. We learn from US, Japan, EU, Brazil, etc. It is always good to learn and grasp.

Thanks for reminding.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join