It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A message for OWS! - DO NOT GET VIOLENT

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

Where are the police that are making them do this?

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
um, that is the police.....dressed as hood rat vandals.........

no, you got me there. But, I have no problem with the police handling the violent and criminal element who do not represent the protest. that is what they're there for. usually they clear up with snatch squads, which is quick and effective. Large groups like that have ring leaders, take them out and the ones who were along for the ride loose their bottle. This is what they've been doing very well for many years. they change tactic when they WANT to have a violent confrontation. I have a big problem when the police treat everyone as criminals and beat the crap out of them accordingly.

I've seen people in protest turn on people kicking off, the voilent minority are not welcome at protests by the protesters either.
edit on 21/11/2011 by Acidtastic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by CharterZZ
Thing is it's not up to the OWS protesters, wheather there is violence or not, its the police provoking them and causing the violence themselfs.

No. Ghandi proved it's possible to make a significant protest statement through completely peaceful and lawful means, even when the opposition becomes extremely violent towards you. In fact remaining peaceful under violent opposition rallies support to the peaceful side. The Tea Party protests followed Ghandi's example. The OWS protests do not. One has resulted in significant political change, the other has not.

edit on 21-11-2011 by SavedOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by sir_slide

when peaceful protest becomes impossible violent protest becomes inevitable.....

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Is shooting a person in the face with pepper spray or a stun grenade a violent act? I think so. The police do not. Just like many forms of torture are not considered torture by TPTB. Violence will escalate as frustrations mount over economic woes. They go for a club, you go for a gun. They go for a bigger gun, you go for a bomb. This is a downward spiral.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I got an idea.. stop relying on the gov. for EVERYTHING and they WON'T have power... the MORE we rely on them the more they steal from us

DING DING

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Acidtastic

no, you got me there. But, I have no problem with the police handling the violent and criminal element who do not represent the protest. that is what they're there for. usually they clear up with snatch squads, which is quick and effective. Large groups like that have ring leaders, take them out and the ones who were along for the ride loose their bottle. This is what they've been doing very well for many years. they change tactic when they WANT to have a violent confrontation. I have a big problem when the police treat everyone as criminals and beat the crap out of them accordingly.

I've seen people in protest turn on people kicking off, the voilent minority are not welcome at protests by the protesters either.

But when police start arresting the violent ones OWS is quick to video tape it and call them "peaceful protesters". Its the same old propaganda just on the other side.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Here's a message from someone claiming be posting a video made by someone from anon. Rules of engagements for protesters, urging to stay calm and peaceful, and to comply with the police. I'm not saying this is from anon, as I dunno... but I think it's relevent to the thread.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by PrimalRed

they ARE off duty poleice
they ARE trying to give the poliece the right to get violent

agent provokatures
dont be fooled

xp

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by XPLodER

they ARE off duty poleice
they ARE trying to give the poliece the right to get violent

agent provokatures
dont be fooled

xp

Just saying it does not make it so. I could say that the police are actually secret under-cover OWS supporters and beat protesters to make all police look bad, but again simply stating made-up facts does not make it so.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Acidtastic

But when police start arresting the violent ones OWS is quick to video tape it and call them "peaceful protesters". Its the same old propaganda just on the other side.
that's what I ment earlier when I said you've got to find your own truth. The media say 1 thing and the protesters say another. There will be some truth in there somewhere, but where is up to the individual and their perceptions to decide. And like I say, I've seen first hand peaceful protests turn becasue of actions of the police. I've seen plain clothed police causing trouble in protests, being called out as undercover cops, and being turfed out back behind police lines after having to escape. There are many scenarios that can happen, and each side will stick to their own. The only way to truly know is to be there.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by sir_slide

piece and light brother

violence will only achive violence.
we are in a democracy the fight is for the mind and hearts of a nation,
as seen by the pepper spray video seen world wide,
people will support the non violent in their quest for freedom,

the 1% require you to get violent or the message of freedom from pieceful protests will be in every heart and mind on the planet.

do not get violent,
why do the poliece train for violence so much?
what can be done to a non voilent protest that would harm the movement >nothing in fact the brutality will awaken the humanity

and it already has

the pepper spray video was on national news last night and people were horrifyed that the country pretending to bring democracy to world has none

this is a world awakining of hearts and minds and cannot be stopped

unless we try to play their game of violence begets violence

xploder

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
The protesters are 1/2 right about the non-violence thing. Disorganized violence accomplishes nothing, look at the outcome of riots they never produce any favorable change. Organized violence get a whole lot done, look at the boston tea party. But since OWS is disorganized as a whole it would be impossible for them to achieve anything.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by PrimalRed

ok by your standards the whole group is guilty?
i find the entire american army guilty of sport killings because 1 soilder went nutz

see what i did there?

i tryed to find the worst behaviour and smear the entire army for the actions of a few

is that your aim?

if you get this footage and other footage of the same event you will notice a few things

1. the main bulk of the protestors decry the actions of a few rouge people
2. all there shoes are poliece issue
3. the poliece dont arrest the acual guys doing the damage
4. in calgury the poliece comisioner admitted during G20 talks that off duty officers were sent in to disrupt protests and gather intell on protestors, they were filmed trying to incite a riot, which was and is a crime

if it can happen in canada it can happen in america dont be nieave

i could go on but i wounder if you will take a close look at the vid you provided

xploder

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

i could go on but i wounder if you will take a close look at the vid you provided

Wasting your breath. It doesn't matter that the actual protestors try to stop the violent trouble makers, nope, they didn't stop them ENOUGH.

It doesn't matter that it's standard operating procedure to send plainclothes cops into the protests to incite violence (already caught on tape during 1 OWS protest) as well as the g20 where the "black block" anarchists, you know, dudes dressed EXACTLY like those guys in the oakland video, were actually RCMP officers stupidly waring their police issue boots.

See it's awesome, because he's saying "why is it that whenever someone is arrested they are peaceful?" because he's seen some people being less than peaceful, so he's generalizing.

But when we say, those people don't represent the whole, the majority are peaceful and are trying to stop this from happening, he's against generalizations.

I hope you understand that you are wasting your breath.

P.S. OWS is taking place all over, not just in Oakland. And from what I've learned, Oakland wasn't exactly a peaceful bring your kids down to Oakland for sunday, type of place to begin with.
edit on 21-11-2011 by phishyblankwaters because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

ok by your standards the whole group is guilty? i find the entire american army guilty of sport killings because 1 soilder went nutz see what i did there? i tryed to find the worst behaviour and smear the entire army for the actions of a few

Well, not enough of his fellow soldiers stopped him, so yeah, the entire US army is liable for that under bizaroo rules.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by XPLodER

ok by your standards the whole group is guilty?
i find the entire american army guilty of sport killings because 1 soilder went nutz

see what i did there?

i tryed to find the worst behaviour and smear the entire army for the actions of a few

is that your aim?

That is now what i was saying, what i was saying is the the group does not want to take responsibility for the actions of their own members. Some members of OWS HAVE committed violent acts and OWS shuns them quickly and says they are not part of OWS unless they have video of them getting arrested.
The army example is a good one, when someone in the army commits and illegal act you WILL NOT see the army release a statement about how those are not soldiers and are not really part of the US army and how the enemy put those soldiers in the army to create problems.

if you get this footage and other footage of the same event you will notice a few things

1. the main bulk of the protestors decry the actions of a few rouge people
2. all there shoes are poliece issue
3. the poliece dont arrest the acual guys doing the damage
4. in calgury the poliece comisioner admitted during G20 talks that off duty officers were sent in to disrupt protests and gather intell on protestors, they were filmed trying to incite a riot, which was and is a crime

if it can happen in canada it can happen in america dont be nieave

xploder

They are wearing black shoes and that makes them cops? please...

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

Yes its the same thing the liberal media does to the Tea Party... it's called karma... it sucks right???? Should have gotten along years ago... At this point smearing OWS is kind of fun.. Its kind of like

"Our Turn" since.. this EXACT thing happened during the tea parties (except minus the rapes, murders, looting, public urination, camps, homeless people, rioting, pepper spray)

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   

it has been made more than clear that to jion OWS you MUST BE
non violent
pieceful protestors
who support each other

the actions of these people clearly show they are non of these things

acually if you had even looked these guys get a free "walk" from poliece
there boots are not just similar EVERY PERSON DAMAGING PROPERTY wore the exact same "boots"

now how many people pre co-ordinate there footware for effect?

answers?

xp

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters
reply to post by XPLodER

ok by your standards the whole group is guilty? i find the entire american army guilty of sport killings because 1 soilder went nutz see what i did there? i tryed to find the worst behaviour and smear the entire army for the actions of a few

Well, not enough of his fellow soldiers stopped him, so yeah, the entire US army is liable for that under bizaroo rules.

as much as it would be politically expediant to acuse the whole army of this behaviour i understand the milatery does the best it can with what its got.

i dont hold all american military guilty,
i hold the acual criminal actions of individuals as the real problem
and as you pointed out also the people who did nothing to stop it

xp
thanks

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join