It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Occupy Infiltrators?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Hello,
I'm a new member to posting, however I've read threads on this forum for years.
I've been watching this occupy movement unfold and I'm starting to think that perhaps there are propaganda commenters on both AboveTopSecret, as well as Ebaumsworld, Youtube and any other mulitmedia/blog website that has brought up the Occupy Movement. For those who are serious about the OWS I suggest you get the word out that the rich and powerful are rich and powerful, and will do many things to stay that way. Being rich and powerful means you have the resources to generate propaganda comments and I believe that has the potential to overthrow the movement. The whole premise of OWS is 'we are the 99%' however if impressionable internet users see too many people who are against it then perhaps they might be confused as to who the real enemy might be and thus the movement loses power.

Although I wrote this in reference to the Internet infiltration of course it applies to more than just the internet, I just haven't seen the topic brought up yet. I have however seen a surprising surge in comments on videos that depict police brutality, now you might say 'well that would make sense, more people are taken aback and therefore more likely to comment' however the material in the increased amount of comments do not reflect the general consensus I found people came to before the past couple weeks of police brutality has come forth. I have also seen an increase in misspellings of OWS supporters (I think can be attributed to 'ghost accounts' made by the rich and powerful). Sounded like propaganda to me and I just wanted to get this out there because I would hate to see what could perhaps be a real movement for the better turn into history because the rich and powerful also outsmarted us.

Remember, we ARE the 99% in the real world. However not all the internet is the real world.

Please copy and paste this into a real thread on this website if you feel it has potential. I think the idea needs to get out there now

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   

edit on 20/11/2011 by Burgo1010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Burgo1010

edit on 20/11/2011 by Burgo1010 because: (no reason given)

This was the best example you could have possibly given me! The ratio of people I know in real life who support OWS vs. people on the internet that support OWS do not match up!
And this helps to prove the increased presence of Anti-OWS now that SHTF with the peaceful protesters vs. the police.
edit on 20-11-2011 by megamax42 because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-11-2011 by megamax42 because: (no reason given)

join