It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible Decoding for a Nostradamus Quatrain for War in Iran

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Mabus will soon die, then will come.
A horrible slaughter of people and animals.
At once vengeance is revealed coming from a hundred lands.
Thirst, and famine when the comet will pass.

Nostradamus, Century 2, Quatrain 62

This quatrain by Nostradamus has often been assumed to speak of the Antichrist and the end times, but what if a different interpretation was taken, where Mabus was an actual person?

When reading a story in the Daily Telegraph about the drawdown for American forces in Afghanistan and how the generals have told President Obama he would not be permitted to politicize these maneuvers, something popped at me:

Ray Mabus, the US Navy Secretary

I don't think I have seen this suggested anywhere else, but what if Nostradamus chose the name Mabus not as an occult anagram, but as a personification for the entity he represents, which would be the United States Navy?

In recent days, I've read several threads about the potency of anti-ship missiles as an asymmetric response that could destroy the American carrier presence, using this story here as just one example of the prowess of Iran in this regard. Worth noting is there is nothing here to inherently suggest this is Iran, but given the temporary nature of any Secretary position in the U.S. Government, it would have to be a current actor with China being the only other possibility that makes sense in this interpretation.

Read in this light, the prophecy might be predicting some devastating attack on the American Navy, where the retaliation is a bombardment launched from many places. At that point, you could interpret the final two lines of the quatrain in different ways, which you can picture as you wish.

Comet references are inherently nebulous, but given all the attention paid to Elenin, it could also fit.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
That is a very interesting take on a very highly debated quatrain.

Thank you for sharing your insight and discovery.

I have read my fair share of Nostradamus information, and watched many documentaries. This is new as far as I can tell. Very good work.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Good post, you might having something in regards to a direct identification of Ray Mabus.

Not to forget MABUS is an anagram/word play for "USA BM" (or USA BArAk oBAMA)

S&F
edit on 20/11/11 by Vinterskogen because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I enjoyed your post and modern day prophet and rogue scholar John Hogue has written about Ray Mabus as well, here's a snippet of what John had to say about this quatrain and MABUS:

If there is a war between Israel and its Arab neighbors, if there is an air strike by Israel to destroy Iran’s nuclear program, if Pakistan collapses, Ray Mabus will have undeniable prophetic significance as the only candidate in my 25 years of search through Nostradamus’ clues for the man who would be Mabus. Indeed, he IS “Mabus” by birth name; however, I still do not believe the obvious is what Nostradamus meant. The name Mabus is a code name.

Link: www.hogueprophecy.com...

Visit the link for the rest of his post on MABUS it was very interesting and worth the read. Cheers Coco

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Mabus is sudam or as we see it Saddam,
shocking is it not??? no i do not make light of this. For this is one of many that has come to pass, some know this some do not , some would just not see it for what is, Who is the one that will bring back the mongols? who is the one in the blue turban, who has the the power to make war for 20 and7 years? who has been seeking the power of the sun, yet does not hold it. Here is a clue, " For they have tasted blood on their swords many of times, not once being the invaders" still to vague here this might help www.historyguy.com...
edit on 20-11-2011 by bekod because: editting

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by itscocobaby

That is an interesting take on it. I'd heard often of the obaMA BUSh play, but I'm not surprised someone else is looking at this the same way, although he seems more interested in the person where I've taken it as a metaphor for the Navy.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Wow....people still believe stories and massively mis-interpret them from a guy who was so stoned he got in a meditative state and was hallucinating, so effectively tripping. Perhaps he wrote the the bible aswell since that looks like it's been written by someone whom has had a few ounces.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Krono

Obvious troll is obvious.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Yes, I have mentioned over the years that if nostradamous is genuine that Ray Mabus may well be the person he is referring to. Indeed, if ray mabus is on a ship say an aircraft carrier and its sunk, this may lead to a massive war. Speculation I know but Iran has many ships within striking distance of its shores.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by cassandranova

Please forgive me I should have paid more attention to what you were saying, it was late and I was tired and it didn't sink in. That being said, and re-reading your OP I think what you are saying is defiantly worth pondering.The prophecies of Nostradamus are not fully understood until after the event in many cases, this is one I hope does not come true..we shall see how all of this plays out and I am going to subscribe to this thread as down the road it may become very important.

Very good post..SnF Cheers Coco

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
also it is speculated that the US and an Arab or Persian country will launch nuke at the "New City" interperted as NYC.

Iran is on the verge of getting intercontential ballistic missles and If the US goes to war with Islam Pakistan has about 300 nukes now and the worlds largest ploutinium producing plant.

we are living in dangeroud times... who will destroy man first? Man or nature?

new topics

top topics

join