It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Bush a cheerleader?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 02:17 PM
link   
It came to my attention the leader of the free world was a cheerleader during his stint at Andover. How is God's name can these hawkish Republicans follow a cheerleader into war? Doesn't this create a bit of cognitive dissonance for the traditional (and homophobic) Right?.

Now before anyone jumps on me about this, I have no problem with male cheerleaders, male nurses. Not a homophobe, ect...ect. However I bet the ol Religious Right would be calling Kerry a sissy boy if he was a dancing Rah Rah Boy while attending school.

Help me please. I need a Right Thinking person to reconcile this for me.

Brickbats to Florida and DC. WAR IS PEACE....RIGHT?

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 02:24 PM
link   
so was Franklin D roosevelt

cheerleading.about.com...

I learnt this from the cheerleading movie "bring it on again"

Ohhh and Eisenhower

[edit on 4-9-2004 by pantha]

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Thanks for the info.

Now would someone PLEASE explain to me how hawkish Republicans follow a cheerleader into war? Doesn't this create a bit of cognitive dissonance for the traditional (and homophobic) Right?.

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 02:44 PM
link   
uhhhh, huh huh.

They're all 'girlie men'.

LoL

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I think a war, and a sporting event are very analogous.

2 teams:
one is YOUR side, one is THE OTHER SIDE.

If you aren't actually able to do the playing/fighting, you cheer YOUR side to victory.

Kinda simplistic, I know..But, I don't see the dilemma here..

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by spud602
Thanks for the info.

Now would someone PLEASE explain to me how hawkish Republicans follow a cheerleader into war? Doesn't this create a bit of cognitive dissonance for the traditional (and homophobic) Right?.

George Bush played rugby at Yale and flew fighter jets (yes, he really did), sounds tough enough for me.

p.s. Cheerleading sounds like a great way to get close to the "objective".

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by spud602
It came to my attention the leader of the free world was a cheerleader during his stint at Andover. How is God's name can these hawkish Republicans follow a cheerleader into war? Doesn't this create a bit of cognitive dissonance for the traditional (and homophobic) Right?.

Now before anyone jumps on me about this, I have no problem with male cheerleaders, male nurses. Not a homophobe, ect...ect. However I bet the ol Religious Right would be calling Kerry a sissy boy if he was a dancing Rah Rah Boy while attending school.

Help me please. I need a Right Thinking person to reconcile this for me.

Brickbats to Florida and DC. WAR IS PEACE....RIGHT?

Spud,
When I went to high school back in the '70s, we had several male cheerleaders and female cheerleaders. The male cheerleaders were not girlie-guys. They were extremely strong, had to be to throw the girls up in the air and catch them. Also, we had a male black cheerleader who was very, very popular. He always had two or three girls following him around the school all the time. He at least had one on each arm.

So, Spud, these guys were not wimps and were well respected and in excellent shape.

BTW, President Bush has led this nation so far in an excellent way. We need a strong leader considering what is going on in the world and can happen again in this country. I'm very thankful to Yahweh that we have him.

Tiza

new topics

top topics

join