It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof Politicians Let the Economy Crash To Make A Profit

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I posted some of this in a thread already because I had not reached the 20 post limit to start my own thread. I also did a search and only found one similar thread to this but it does not contain the information I am going to post as far as I could tell.

US Congressmen intentionally let the economy crash and they are doing it again.

Back in 2007, before the financial system and the economy crashed in 2008, Congressmen started investing heavily into companies that they knew were going to crash that could only profit if there was a full scale implosion of the financial system.

online.wsj.com...

They could have acted preemptively to prevent the crash if they had wanted too but by doing that it would have restricted how much they could profit off of it. Here is a list of the Politicians that made the most money off of the collapse, the companies they invested in and how much they invested.

insidertrading.procon.org...

In February 2010 Congress blocked a bill that would have given transparency to political donations and exposed in real time what the were doing and would have shown the political donations - stock tips - Stock purchases connection.

www.liveleak.com...

They knew the Stock Market was going to crash as far back as March 2006 when the Stop Trading on Congressional Knowledge Act was introduced but was blocked from being voted on. It was re-introduces in March 2011 and blocked again. It was once again introduced in Nov 2011 but only after a 60 minutes ran the story on insider trading. This bill will be blocked again.

insidertrading.procon.org...

It is well known the European Union is going to collapse at this point, it is also known that it will be contagious to the American financial system as the collapse of MF Global proves. Instead of taking any real preemptive action to prevent this I have no doubt Congressmen are once again heavily buying stock of the companies they know are going to fail and that they are going to have to bail out again so that they can make a profit. In essence they are going to let the financial system collapse again, bail them out with public money that generations of Americans will pay for all so they can make a profit off of it.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
EVERYTHING they do is pre-emptive. Always has, always will. TPTB are not TPTB because they are stupid.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by AllUrChips
EVERYTHING they do is pre-emptive. Always has, always will. TPTB are not TPTB because they are stupid.

Correct. It is a shame that the preemptive moves they are making are to make a profit again and not to prevent the collapse they know is going to happen.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Its funny, looking at the list- I thought the top 5 would be republicans.
Oh how wrong I was.

- Of course they make money off of these companies.
They are sitting in on the committees that are in direct conflict with the investments.
(according to your source).

So if I push a bill through as a senator or help push it through, and it directly involves money being given to
my company of investment by way of government contract- than of course that is conflict of interest and should be IMO illegal.

Thats like saying - "I have all this stock in GM- but if GM fails,then so do I.......Bail Out GM, make me rich again"

Yea, criminals IMO.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

Well put, I agree. I also believe SuperPacs are illegal and should be banned as well.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Common Good
Its funny, looking at the list- I thought the top 5 would be republicans.
Oh how wrong I was.

- Of course they make money off of these companies.
They are sitting in on the committees that are in direct conflict with the investments.
(according to your source).

So if I push a bill through as a senator or help push it through, and it directly involves money being given to
my company of investment by way of government contract- than of course that is conflict of interest and should be IMO illegal.

Thats like saying - "I have all this stock in GM- but if GM fails,then so do I.......Bail Out GM, make me rich again"

Yea, criminals IMO.

And now the superrich call for more taxes for the rich. And are making themselves celebrate for it too. Guess why. The 1% are after more of the money of the 50% who pay taxes. The last act of a goverment is to loot the country.

I am all for easing the burden of people on a fixed income, but what good will it do to them, if money raised from a tax hike does not reach them?
edit on 21-11-2011 by Cassius666 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join