It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it possible to Kill one's soul?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
AF1

posted on Apr, 10 2003 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Just wondering if anyone has ever heard anything about the possibility of killing one's soul. Not so much as being condemned to hell, but more like just ceasing to exist. So that if their is an after-life, there isn't quite one. Just nothingness.

posted on Apr, 10 2003 @ 08:35 PM
link   
You ask the strangest questions...geeesh you must think alot!
Anyway, I personally don't think it's possible, but if it was thought of..then who knows? I suppose if there is such thing as "possession" then your soul could be borrowed per say, or taken and put elsewhere temporarily? But I'm not sure that it could be destroyed or killed.
What do you think?
Magestica

AF1

posted on Apr, 10 2003 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Definetly a possibility Magestica. Theoretically I guess God is the only one who could do it, since he was the one who created it.

posted on Apr, 10 2003 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Yep God is the only one to do it and will do it at the "second death"

posted on Apr, 10 2003 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by AF1
Definetly a possibility Magestica. Theoretically I guess God is the only one who could do it, since he was the one who created it.

I would say your soul is a PIECE of God, so only through the death of God could your soul be utterly destroyed. (which is not likely since he is eternal and outside of, and containing all life and all death and all cycles, etc. etc. etc.)

It can certainly be maimed, injured, etc. (your soul, i mean)

and I mean God with a capital, capitalG. Not God.

posted on Apr, 10 2003 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I imagine that most concepts of "soul" (if not all) include "immortality" so I guess -regardless of practicalities -it would be logically impossible.

posted on Apr, 10 2003 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I think quango had the right idea with the soul probably being a part of God.

Why destroy a soul when you can probably just erase it? Think of a hard drive that you do a zero-copy program on. Every bit of data is lost and written over... what's left? Nothin'.

Just a thought.

posted on Apr, 10 2003 @ 10:54 PM
link   
blueletterbible.org...

There is a third type of death in Scripture that is different from spiritual death and physical death. This is known as eternal death, or the second death. In the Book of Revelation we read.

The one who has an ear, let them hear what the Spirit says to the churches. The one who overcomes will not be hurt at all by the second death (Revelation 2:11).

Unless spiritual death is reversed in this life, the result will be eternal death. This is unending separation between God and all who reject Him.

Believers Not Affected

Believers are not affected by the second death.

Blessed and holy are those who have part in the first resurrection. The second death has no power over them, but they will be priests of God and of Christ and will reign with Him for a thousand years (Revelation 20:6).

Lake Of Fire

The final judgment, or the lake of fire, is the time when the second death occurs.

Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. The lake of fire is the second death (Revelation 20:14).

The second death is reserved for unbelievers. Those who experience this death are all those whose names are not found written in the Book of Life.

But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars - their place will be in the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death (Revelation 21:8).

Eternal Death

Eternal death, or the second death, is the ultimate form of separation. If a person dies in a state of spiritual death, they enter eternity separated from God. This is the second death. Once a person has experienced the "second death" there is no hope for them, it is irreversible.

Summary

Physical death is the separation of the body from the spirit. Spiritual death, the way all of us are born, is the spiritual separation of each of us from God. Eternal death, or the second death, is the eternal separation of a person from God. There is no escape from the second death.

posted on Apr, 11 2003 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Netchicken

But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars - their place will be in the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death (Revelation 21:8).

Allmost everybody then.

posted on Apr, 11 2003 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Depends on who/where you ask.

There are some legends about this sort of thing. In the Eastern religions, the soul often evolves to become part of the Great consciousness (assimilated.)

posted on Apr, 12 2003 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Energy is neither created nor destroyed.

posted on Apr, 13 2003 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I also think you just merge with the Source. (God)

In the highest dimensions we lose our individuality, which is an illusion after all...

I've read that in different books.. including that of an Astral projector.

AF1

posted on Apr, 13 2003 @ 10:20 PM
link   
My fear I guess is losing that individuality. That's what makes life so wonderful, we are all different. I don't understand how that is such a wonderful thing.

posted on Apr, 13 2003 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by AF1
My fear I guess is losing that individuality. That's what makes life so wonderful, we are all different. I don't understand how that is such a wonderful thing.

Yeah, but think of the connections you have with people you really love. Think of closeness. Intimacy between two people at its most powerful dissolves two minds to one.
Just picture that closeness - but with an ever increasing number of 'minds'. It is joy, not to be feared.

(I'm talking other levels of consciousness, here.) Merging with the Source. Realizing that you and everyone and everything is the Source.

The physical plane is just where you make the connections. (you can't merge if you aren't seperated.)

Everything will be different when it's not filtered by the perceptions of a human brain. I doubt your fears of losing 'individually' will be warranted once you are there.

Or that's how I feel, atleast.

posted on Apr, 15 2003 @ 09:13 AM
link   
No...

posted on Apr, 15 2003 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Syntax
No...

I hadn't considered that.. you're probably right.

posted on Apr, 15 2003 @ 06:33 PM
link   
WANGO QUANGO, Come on everybody lets do the WANGO QUANGO!! WANGO QUANGO do the WANGO QUANGO!

Um no its not possible, never was. Isnt that appart of haveing our freedom of thought or actions. the same reason angels are sposed to hate humans, cuase God gave us freedom of will.

posted on Apr, 15 2003 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ADVISOR
Um no its not possible, never was. Isnt that appart of haveing our freedom of thought or actions. the same reason angels are sposed to hate humans, cuase God gave us freedom of will.

I'm saying, what if there is only one goal to life? To eventually return to the Source, to God, to Whatever.
Everyone is free to arrive there in their own time and own way.. even to decide what 'returning to god' means..
Our individuality comes from the unique decisions we make along the way.. basically.. so it's not to be feared (although you can fear it, that's your choice.)

And I know that's not exactly what I was saying earlier.. I think I was drunk

posted on Apr, 23 2003 @ 11:39 AM
link   
no im sorry its not possible to kill your soul. when you die your soul either goes to heaven or hell. it never dies. you will live ever after in any one of those places.

posted on Apr, 23 2003 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I second that...

However, I remember a fairly recent movie that actually dealt with this concept. It was called "The Frighteners" with Micheal J. Fox. There was this one spirit, a dead serial killer, who had somehow figured out how to do it, and was killing people (in the guise of death), and taking their soul and destroying it...he even did this to other ghosts...

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join