It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thanksgiving Secrets, plz forget them all...after many drinks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I dont enjoy having my opions deleted, so in a roasted macademia nutshell, p off mods....i hope u burn your turkeys with the eternal smokeless fire of a ruthless Djinn. Jk

#1....Duck Fat.....saute', baste, butter with it, cant go wrong

#2....Homeade stock....find bones, meat, neck, thigh, anything. throw it in a pot with fresh herbs and a miripoix, reduce and use. Bath in it

#3.....Leaf Lard....A crust is not a crust without the melting flaky goodness of Berkshire leaf lard....just chillll it

#4....Pancetta....pound it out and wrap the turkey with it for moisture control(the affect of bacon without excessive smokiness and salt....just pure fat rendered goodness, dice it/crisp it and add it to your green bean casserole too..

#5 Cheezyness.....aka love, love where you are, who you are with and what you are eating....your alive stupid!!!!!

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I thought I was the only one who bathes in homemade stock.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by princessgrey

You are not Alone.....fox mulder shifty eyes....camera pan out......end scene.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by RedbeardedFoo

Made me salivate... I'm going to smell my way upwind to your domicile you know.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
The rest of the unannounced #10 list(recipes) will be added tomorrow.....jack daniels caramel sauce, mascarpone mashed potatoes, day before-bread pudding, oysters rockafella, gorge thouroughs brain tar tar...yada yada yada

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by RedbeardedFoo

It's funny you say Fox Mulder! Last week I started at Season One of the XFiles, now I'm on Season Four.

They don't make good television shows anymore.

Hope you're not nursing a hang over!

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Thanks princess, no hangover this time! The sacred art of passing smoke through a water-based doohicky quickly banishes the demons on those really rough mornings. That X files synchronicity is hilarious, it was easily my favorite show of my youth and credit it with keeping me "in the game" when it came to fringe theorys. Believe Scully! Believe!

Jack Daniels Caramel sauce Recipe....

2 C packed brown sugar
1 C JD
2 C heavy whipping cream
1/2 lb cold butter cubed unsalted.......pinch of salt

Theres two methods of going about this....first, take a shot with someone. Then combine the JD and brown sugar in a medium sized/heavy bottomed sauce pan on med high heat until it boils (careful it may flame, or u can induce flame with some sort of fire device)....reduce to med heat for a moment, wire whisk in the cream and bring back to boil on med high.....slowly whisk in one or two cubes of butter at a time until smooooth and caramel lookingy. Oh yeh, add a pinch of salt early on to bring out the flavors the right way, adding late in the process just doesnt cut it

The other method is basically the reverse process.....melt butter in med saucepan over med high heat, add cream sugar and salt, bring to boil then whisk until smooth....take off heat, stir in JD or................to take this one step further instead of just stirring in raw JD into a nice caramel, make a JD syrup by reducing that Cup down to 1 or 2 Tbs and use that instead, more deep flavors, less harshness.

- Foo

top topics

join