It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I almost controlled my dream the other night!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I was watching tv late on and dropped off to sleep on the sofa, I like sleeping on the sofa because this Is usually where I have lucid dreams which I love

Anyway I was having a lucidish dream then suddenly whilst still within the dream I began to realise it was a dream. I was talking to some one (in the dream) and when realising I was in a dream I reached out to grab their hand and it happened in the dream, but as I moved my hand closer it all began to fade and I woke up

It was funny because it happened in the stereo typical way, in that upon waking up it was as if I was lifted upwards quickly and everything went small and into tunnel vision, like the classic zoom out of a scene at the end of a movie then it was just black and I opened my eyes.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
It takes practice to work with lucid dreaming, but so very rewarding when you unlock the mind's doors to the Id. I've learned how to do it, but it took years to master, and I still may go for months without the experience of dreamwalking. Keep trying, and you will find yourself all the stronger and deeper for it!

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Idonthaveabeard

I have done this a few times especially in flying dreams, I have kept myself from falling whilst flying by remembering "it's just a dream". One time, I realised I was dreaming within the dream and started to control the dream. What do you think I got up to? What every red-blooded female or male would do.......

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Awhile back when I was 19years old, I was trying to quit smoking and just happened to be visiting the doctor for an over due check up. It was here that I was recommended by the doctor to take a new drug "Chantix". I agreed because I couldn't fight the urges to smoke.

So I started taking chantix, a 1/2 pill in the morning and 1/2 pill at night with dinner. All was well until about 3-4 days into the regime. I was off the "small dose" and taking the "regular dose" (full pill morning and night). After this I started having these weird dreams.

I started having very weird dreams. It wasn't like the normal dreams I was used to having (completely random location involving completely random things). These dreams started happening from the time I closed my eye until the time I opened them, yes the dreams lasted the entire time I was asleep. I would awake every morning after these dreams feeling as if I had been running a marathon all night, as if I had never gone to sleep in the first place.

Alright so now you know the basis of what started the dreams. Now let me tell you about what was actually going on during them.

About 2-3 days into having these strange all night dreams, I started recognizing that what I was dreaming was actually what I was thinking about before I had actually gone to sleep. It was as if I had went to bed and woke up in a completely different world or something like that. I would dream about all sorts of crazy things like being in car accidents and just tragic things that would be death of myself or my family/friends. The dreams would last the entire time I was asleep. I started to realized I could manipulate what I was dreaming by what thoughts I was having before I went to sleep. So I started to do just that.

I had a girlfriend at the time "a real freak in the sheets" if you catch my drift. She would always be over at my house every night until she had to be home. (curfew). So every night we would do crazy sexual things. Anyway I started to have these threesome and whatever sexual fantasies I could think of. "Thoughts" These thoughts were not just imaginary because as soon as I went to sleep it started happening as if it were real. I know it sounds so stupid, but I assure you that what I am saying is true and it really does happen. I was having dreams of all my sexual fantasies every single night.

As crazy as that may sound it really left me extremely tired and cranky in the mornings because it felt as if I had never gone to sleep after waking up. It almost cost me my job at the time because I flipped out on my boss for no apparent reason really, just the feeling of lack of sleep that was making me so moody.

Anyway, I quit taking Chantix after about 45days because I had already quit smoking (thank you chantix) and I was just sick and tired of being tired ALL the damn time. Every night was like a running marathon it was just ridiculous.

I figured I would tell this here since you are trying to control your dreams or what not. I suggest you look into exactly what they were putting into chantix about 3years ago (when it first came out) and experiment from there. Especially if you're looking to control your dreams. Just a word of advice be careful because a lot of the dreams I had in the start were completely terrifying and had to do with me dieing or friends and family dieing so I don't recommend you take it if you have these types of thoughts.

good luck

edit on 20-11-2011 by Anoynymoose because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Very awesome. I love lucid dreaming. I dont know if this helps but I have found that focusing on one detail / item till I can either touch or change it helps me to gain control of my dreams. Also I am then able to use this item as a reminder that I am in a dream and in control in case I forget or my control begins to slip.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Hey, have you tried writing your dreams down in a dream journal? It helps to make you aware of your dreams whus when you are dreaming you have a better chance of realizing you are dreaming.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by BigBK

yeah thats a great technique. plus its cool to remember those really mind blowing dreams that just knock your socks off!

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by DarthAwesome

The best is when you get to revisit those really awesome dreams and continue the story the next night. That has only happened to me a few times though. The dream journal helps with that too.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by BigBK

I totally agree. Those are definitely the best. Sometimes I revisit a place alot later and sometimes it takes me awhile to remember I have been there. And then it will dawn on me that I have been there before. And sometimes i get the strongest case of deja vu.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Not sure I wanna go on pills to get dreams, but it certainly sounds like an interesting experience lol. I do smoke aswell so maybe when I decide to quit these pills may be perscribed?

I myself have had dreams that have continued on from where I left off, its pretty weird lol and confusing when I wake up and try to remember the dream.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I discovered my dreams were even more intense after my doc put me on effexor... talk about lifelike!

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Be careful though, Lucid dreaming has it's limitations and should be used carefully.

new topics

top topics

join