It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gematria connection found between Christian prophecy and Dec 21st 2012 ?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by elevatedone

Steelers are all right, I guess.

I'll be a little busy today and tomorrow but be back to read over this thread and comment on what I can where I can.

Everybody have a good rest of the week,
ILikeStars

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
this subject has been argued by smarter people than me. I have to leave it at that. It is clear that it is a Time Will Tell subject 2012

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
The problem with 2012 claims is that they are either testable or so vague as to even evade a definition.

Testable issues: poleshifts and new planets etc.

Vague issues are like a consciousness shift or paradigm shift or dimensional shift or whatever people want to call it. There is an old joke about sending in 3 religious leaders and asking them to come out with an answer. When they exit the meeting they present 8 different answers. These vague notions about 2012 are of the same ilk. Every person has multiple and often unrelated answers as to what is meant.

The question boils down to, "How do you know this suggested idea came to fruition?" How does anyone know what to expect when it can't even be defined?

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Here is a statement made about father in Hebrew and its English spelling.

wiki.answers.com...

"Father" in Hebrew is "Abba," which is spelled Alef, Bet, Alef (אבא)
Abba (like the Swedish band).
That is not actually correct. The Hebrew word for father is just "Ab", pronounced "Av", which means "the one who gives strength to the family."
The word "Abi" is the more familiar form, with the meaning "MY father"
Abba is a Hebrew/aramaic hybrid word, attaching the formal ending -a to the end of the Hebrew word Ab, effectively turning it into a singular formal noun: THE Father, or a reference to God.

www.hebrew4christians.com...

(AHB-bah) Aramaic. n. Abba. "Daddy," "dear Father," "papa"; a term of endearment for one's father (Mark 14:26; Rom. 8:15; Gal. 4:6). Abba is a more intimate expression than the normal Hebrew word for "father" (av).

It seems to me that the gematria should be applied to the Hebrew, not the English. The issue is complicated by the gospels being written in Greek. So what to do?

I do not believe there is anything to gematria other than the normal gibberish of numerology. It is a demonstration of an instance and not anything of value.

Still there is no connection to 2012. The New testament makes it clear that no man will know the date.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join