It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul: Thanksgiving Day Forum 2011

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
From my understanding, he was given more than almost all other candidates put together

Watch as they all listen to him with such pride!

This, IMO, is his more confident moment in front of the nation:

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Get 'em, Ron!

I mean SERIOUSLY, how is anyone not able to tell that Ron Paul is the ONLY candidate who isn't either lying through his teeth or reading from a script?

Ron Paul 2012!

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
He did get a lot of time to talk and clarify his viewpoints. He did a really nice job explaining himself.

My only qualm with these debates or Q & As is that religion is so prominent in these discussions. I know that there is a very large religious population in the U.S. and it is difficult to win any election without having to pander to these groups, but it still bothers me to some degree. The candidates and political figures should have the freedom to practice any religion they want on their own time, but I feel as though this is a subject that should not be discussed during debates and questionnaires. Maybe I'm completely wrong, I just feel like they should stick to discussing the economy, foreign policy, and so forth.

I know religion rules a lot of peoples' lives and I have zero problem with it as long as they're not imposing their views and lifestyle on me, but it's this desire to impose those views that bothers the hell out of me. Let's face it,... that's exactly what many of the religious (mainly Christian) groups try to do by backing candidates that promise to uphold these religious values.

Out of all the candidates Ron Paul seems to be the only one who although expresses his own religious beliefs, does state clearly that he does not want to impose his views on others, and will let the States decide what to do. I like that. I just wish that those huge religious groups that do have a lot of voting power would realize that the President is supposed to represent all of us, not just them and their own beliefs.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Elect Ron Paul.

And things WILL get better.

Look at all of the strength he brings to the table in terms of Political Common Sense.

This is a man that can bring Leaders of Nations together.

I do NOT see any other candidate out the there that could make a bigger dent in terms of making things right not only in this country, but more than likely all around the world.

I know it, you know it, we all know it.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   
I watched the forum live. It was difficult to do so. At the last debate, except for Paul and Huntsman, the rest of the candidates were ghoulishly endorsing torture, practically salivating over wanting to attack Iran. Don't you know that Israel has about 300+ nukes but it's a big threat if Iran gets one (yeah, right)? War mongers!
Anyway, to watch these candidates (except for Paul) sit and talk about God and the Bible after their last appearance was surreal!

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I just got a chance to watch this, and I have to say - I was already a fan of ron paul, but it just became multiplied a few times. This debate was a real personal and enlightening window into the foundations of the candidates, and ron's awesomeness showed through well.

Because of the personal nature of the discussions, ron does mention his religious beliefs quite a few times toward the end. I'm no fan of religion, especially christianity, but I understand people's need for spirituality, and if you replaced the word "church" with words like "spirituality" then I don't think I would even disagree with anything that ron was saying about his christian (lutheran) religious beliefs.

I would highly recommend this viewing to anyone who wants to see a deeper side of ron paul. He illustrated his positions especially lucidly and it becomes very easy to see where he is coming from, and it seems that the other republican candidates are having "dawning" moments in their brains from watching ron paul from across the debate table. They really do have looks on their faces that resemble grandchildren listening to their wise ol' grandpa telling stories and lessons around a fireplace. And thus is the Legend of Ron Paul.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
^ I agree 100%. Thanks for your post!

top topics

join