It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giant meteor falling in South Africa! What is it really?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by IndigoValor

Okay so I have no knowledge when it comes to meteors, does it really give off that bright blue colour? It's beautiful. Not sure if this has been posteed before, I searched it up and can only find a story about this, but haven't seen this video. It's amazing!

Please note that this DID NOT HAPPEN IN 2011, but in Nov 2009.

I was living in Italy at the time, but all my friends from this area saw it. It was in the Johannesburg area.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by qonone

Yeah that happened in the Johannesburg area. My folks were on the N1 highway and actually saw it. How lucky is that?
Just to clarify for others, that footage is originally from a security camera at the Mustek building in Midrand (between Johannesburg and Pretoria).

Here it is:

edit on 21-11-2011 by TortoiseKweek because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Copper composition hence the green, probably no bigger than a football. Typical meteors are no bigger than a grain of sand, occasionally we get bigger ones like this, which are still pretty small really, and they put on a great show.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by galactictuan

WTF! WAT THE TRUCK?

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Wow! Considering... we are lucky they are that small from the size of things in the universe the math says that we should have benn completely taken out a long time ago and that the universe should be a barren waste land.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
THATS CRAAZY

did anyone notice the pillar of light that shoots straight up through the clouds after it hits??

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by IndigoValor

I'm in Joburg. Haven't heard of or seen this before.
Peculiar.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
WOW! S&F! i bet that was amazing to look at..recently i was walking home i noticed a nice big shooting star... was pretty fast and wasnt a piddly thing (i had to turn my head to watch it go past) BEAUTIFUL!

Anyway.. it dosnt look like a metorite to me :/ looks more like a rocket or something man made, esp with those colours, but im no expert. would of loved to of seen that with my own eyes!

Thanks and nice find!
AnotherHumanBeing

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Gwampo

It's just a reflection. You can even see the pillar moving along with the meteor at the beginning too.
edit on 21-11-2011 by Lithops because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ChloeAUTM

In 2009, everybody was talking about the blue light that they saw. It was even on the news, although they did not show any vids at the time. My son was in the Cresta centre (I think), when a blue light passed.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
The flash is vaporization, likely a large portion on the rocks
mass changed physical state due to the heat, then was quickly ignited.
My guess

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Spoke to my family, under correction, they saw a red flash and not as i said a green one. Nonetheless, i still missed the flash!

Wasn't it said that the meteor's impact zone was up in Gabarone? Or just another BS story we got told?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join