It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Immediate BAN for Posting Sorcha Faal Articles

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
That's right, and I vote in favor.

How much more of my time are you going waste posting Sorcha Faal articles from whatdoesitmean.com? I am SO sick and tired of people posting junk from there, cause I will never get that time back. And then you try to hide it, conceal the source, like you are going to sneak it past a bunch of astute ATSers who check sources? No. You're not.

Dammit. Enough. ATS admins and mods, it time to put your darn feet down to this utter BS and BAN ANYONE who knowingly posts any more articles from that idiot. Every single last one is total BS, and always has been. ATS has higher standards than that. And IT'S TIME the admin and mods here step up and get serious about no more articles from that junk hole. It's only fair to the membership here not to waste any more of their time. Therefore, get tough. Start banning them, and soon the message will sink in.

+30 more 
posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Sorcha. The Guardian. Washington Post. FoxNews. The list is endless...

Name a "source" that doesn't have an issue of some sort? It's up to the reader to ultimately decide whether or not a source is "legitimate".

One persons truth, is anothers slanted journalism. FoxNews, anyone?

I'll cancel out your vote.

ETA: I fully agree with your take on Sorcha. But even a stopped clock gets it right twice a day. Or a blind squirrel finds an occasional acorn. Truth is found in strange places.
edit on 11/20/2011 by seagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

I fiercely agree with you
But i think they will struggle to implement this kind of action

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

Oh please. You can't be serious man. There is NO comparison. At ALL. Name me just ONE article from that idiot that was truthful all the way through. Just ONE.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   

I think lots of peeps that post them have no idea who Sorcha Faal is...

link   

I think thats a little extreme. If you keep this up your going to soil a good reputation as level headed.

As if you can keep the ignorant safe from their unconcious self-destruction. Do you think telling people what they can say or do is even capable of such a thing?

link   
Its a known hoax site so anything that reference his/her site should be immediately locked as its made up.

Repeated posting of articles should then result in a ban.

link   
As I said, I'm don't think much of him as a source, either. But who knows? Someday, he may actually get something right all the way through.

link   
The quality of posts on here is scraping the bottom of the barrel, and that's not including the posting of articles that are known hoaxes from known hoaxers. And it doesn't appear that anyone here cares about the quality of posting anymore.

I find myself coming here less and less, and posting less and less due to the quality of the content that is allowed to be posted here. Too many great posters have gone or are losing interest because of this. I'm starting to think there are other reasons why so many junk and worthless, useless posts and hoaxes continue to be posted here.

edit on 20-11-2011 by _BoneZ_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I'd just like to interject something about why we ought to encourage all this to be shared, not banned. The peer review system that we informally have here at ATS is invaluable and a major factor in what makes this site such an enormous success in sheer numbers alone, IMHO.

Anyone can post anything, however legitimate or totally idiotic it may be. Even the really off-base and idiotic topics often lead to other valuable side discussions in the threads. If nothing else though, it shows by peer review/reaction what is bunk and what deserves a second look for those who are totally unfamiliar with a source or story.

It just seems to me that while all side are actively encouraged to BOTH support or debunk anything that comes here, we can only benefit by all sides being tossed into the meat grinder to see what comes out Grade A.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I fully understand your stance on sorcha... but instant ban?? dont you think thats a bit harsh? And what about new members who may not know this 'rule'?

I have to agree with seagull completely.. there are loads of dodgy sources.. for example the sun (or any red top tabloids for that matter) But they do sometimes come up with the goods..

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

Yeah, see, you won't even look cause you know it's true. Fox news and the MSM is one thing- those we have already have to strain the grains of truth from. But Sorcha? Come on man. Enough is enough.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
While no news source can be taken as always entirely correct, we can come to the grim reality, with very little research, that Sorcha has not been close at even trying to articulate the truth. No, Sorcha is dis-info all the way...My Vote----> Down with the Faal.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by subcsailor

Yeah exactly. If I, or any of us, felt there was even a grain of truth in any of those articles, then I could see it. But there is not. And never has been. The mods are already trashing articles from there routinely. So why not put up a notice. Get serious. Stop wasting ATSer's time reading that BS.
edit on Sun Nov 20th 2011 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Why not let the content of the article be the deciding factor of its authenticity, OP?

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I got an even better idea.

How about we weigh the facts that are given to us, and not attack the source?

You have people claiming BS on Sorcha, FOX, CNN, MSNBC, RT, IPTV, YNET, JP, WND, etc, etc. In truth, what is BS is everyone knee-jerking to attack the source of the information so that no one has to do the right thing and actually verify if what was said is truth or not. By assuming this stance on a fallacy, it allows anyone to discredit anything that they do not agree with based solely on the source of information, and not the actual information given.

If you do not believe the information to be correct, feel free to disprove it by using facts about the information given. Not your opinions on the source of the information. Denying ignorance is tough work. That includes not committing the fallacy of ad hominem (attacking the source).

Effing brilliant, I know.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Banning ignorant people for making a mistake or misunderstanding is not acceptable.

ATS was built to educate people and to be a place where hoaxes can be refuted properly and the coffin can be nailed shut once and for all. Not as a place where playing dirty is accepted.

While at the same time, when a gem of truth is finally uncovered, ATS is the best place to disseminate it and discuss it's ramifications or explore it's depths.

So I would vote no to this suggestion, and instead offer two options that are already available.

1) If you don't want to "waste your time" than don't. It's not really that important anyways if you think it's a waste of time.

2) Refute or support claims properly by addressing them and revealing which facet is untrue or misrepresented in order to educate and teach others about the situation so that they may not make the same mistakes in the future without conducting their own detailed analysis of such information.

Also, the "HOAX" forum is already created as the graveyard for these things.
edit on 20-11-2011 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Riiiight...

let's punish the newbies that are thrilled because they've been hoaxed, and publicly brand them as stupid...

...instead of steer them in the right direction. Educate not Ostracize.

Man...

How exactly is this a social issue or matter of civil unrest - when it's just you being annoyed?

RANT!!!

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Sorcha is priceless comedy, to my mind. Yes, I know that when I click a link to a story there, it's going to be total bunk. The outlines of the story may be correct, but all of the rest of it will not be. Almost a certain guarantee.

But an outright ban? No. 'course my say isn't by any means the final one, obviously.

Personally, I have no issue with any source being used, so long as it doesn't involve outright gore, or pron. But again, that's my personal opinion. If such a ruling took place, I would help enforce it.

Ultimately, isn't it our responsibility as members, and thinking adults, to research any claims? Regardless of source?

I do. I'm sure you do, as well.

But...

Ultimately, if enough of you say this is what you want, the Three Amigos will at least give you all a hearing.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Who/What is Sorcha Faal?
(newbie
)
edit on 20/11/2011 by GLaDOS because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join