It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Silent Protest

page: 1

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
This was to be my form of silent protest but a mod has told me my personal protest is not enough personal content so here is my content...

silence does not seem to be golden anymore and my hopes were to have silent replies in this thread supporting these brave protestors,if you could ALL refrain from replies and leave your support in silence with stars and flags i would appreciate it.
edit on 11/20/2011 by -W1LL because: sp

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by -W1LL

I saw the DC Occupy protesters using the sit down and shut up tactic on the news this morning. They decided to bump into them with police vehicles over and over. Talk about wearing out the transmissions for nothing! Bump them, back up, bump them, back up.
It seemed to be highly effective. Not sure what's so intrusive about a young person sitting down, but it really got to them.

I am not talking! I'm typing. Sue me.
edit on 20-11-2011 by Evolutionsend because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by -W1LL

Forgive me, but I need to reply.

I need to tell you that at first I thought your OP was just a grab for stars and flags: post a couple of videos, add a few words, then say your post is a silent protest.

Well, I wrote up a post to give you a major serve and to tell you that if you seriously cared about these issues you could do a lot more than just posting a couple of videos and ask us to star and flag your post in silent protest.

Then I sat back and thought, "Hey, back up a minute, Mike. Don't post in anger!!"

So I calmed myself down, then I checked your profile to see what threads you've done. And you've done quite a few. Threads about China, the Middle East (various aspects), Fracking and its dangers and the cover-ups, radioactive waste found in a river in VT, Fukushima and the ongoing disaster and the cover-ups there, and many other important subjects that affect humanity and the environment in so many ways.

I take my hat off to you. You do care, you're aware of so much that is going on; you've done your best through many threads to keep ATS members informed.

-W1LL, I now appreciate your protest and what you are trying to achieve. Apologies that I had to write all this but it might help other members to see the depth of purpose you have in doing what might seem minimalist, but which in this special case, is far, far more than that.

Starred and flagged.

With respect,

Mike

edit on 20/11/11 by JustMike because: typo

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by JustMike

thank you very much
I too respect your knowledge and enjoy many of your posts...
I appreciate your reply, I cant begin to put a value on your gratitude and your post it means so much THANKyou!

and thanks for all those who did not reply weather you support the protests or not I do appreciate it.

Even you Evolutionsend LOL your post made me laugh.. my lawyer will be contacting you..

you both have made my day with your replies, and those of you who have not replied many many thanks for making this possible I know it may seem like a little thing but many small positive acts can add up to something beautiful... and hey it meant alot to me.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Having seen the different forms of protests over the many revolutions occuring all over the world there always seems to be a common outcome. Ultimately we get a chance to voice our opinions, frustrations and sometimes even anger at the establishment. What always surprises me though is that regardless of the unity we would like to believe exists in coming together in large groups the truth is we are not truly united. I only say this for the reason that in each of the protests i have seen once the police or whichever body of authority decides to move in, the people, who far out number the police tend to run away. Not only that but more importantly when the police decide to move in on a particular group of demonstrators like in the video above the bystanders do nothing but simply stand by. Here in lies the problem. Where the police unify and tackle any form of defience against one of their own, we the people just stand by and watch even though our numbers far outweigh those of the police. So what is it that drives us away? Is it fear? Is it that we arent actually ready to fight for what we believe in to the fullest extreams or is it that we simply dont believe we are able to overthrow the minority? If i was ever to attend one of these protests which at one point i was strongly considering but decided against doing so based on the reason that i do not believe they ever achieve what they set out to, i fear that i would actually cross the line, if ever i saw a police officer lay a hand on someone just sitting down protesting un-violently. I would be provoked and compelled to kick an officers a**, excuse the emphasis.

Silent protest is ok as is active protest but ultimatly we are not doing it correctly.

The fact remains that we secretly or openly wish to topple the establishment but we do it half heartedly.
I believe that if you are going to do something you might as well go the whole hog. Not to insight a violent protest, im just throwing and idea in the air. I would say that in order to truly achieve the goal or aim of protesting ie visibally seeing a desired action manifest as the result of the said protest one would quite litreally need to bring down the "wrath of god" on the establishment. No holds barred. We protest, we come in peace.. but and only but, if one of you or your officers decide to lay a hand on my humanity so help you god.

If we do decide to protest in future we must realise that we far out number the force of the establishment. They should be the ones running, they should be the ones in fear, they should be the ones who get pepper sprayed, shot with rubber and even live bullets, they should be the ones getting kettled and beating with truncheons...

The question really is why is this not the case?

If the establishment continues to win by not having a conscience regarding their actions does it not stand to reason that the people should act in the same manner. As the say, if you cant beat them join them...and then beat them...

Just my heated rant of frustration.. please dont mind me, im not usually this heated.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   
I love the idea OP. However, one day, you and most people will finally realize, you are fighting a war like it or not, and the price of silence will be death. Death by starvation, death by war, death by cancer, death by all manner of created disasters. Your silence one day will be the silence of all mankind.

Sometimes. Action is required.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Please help me here. What exactly is the "power" used/gained/demonstrated in the first video? Did it accomplish anything as the chancellor walked freely to her car and then drove away unimpeded? What was gained?

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by TXRabbit
Please help me here. What exactly is the "power" used/gained/demonstrated in the first video? Did it accomplish anything as the chancellor walked freely to her car and then drove away unimpeded? What was gained?

I feel the silence and peace showed by the students/protesters had more of an effect because of the emotion conveyed...

there was no one there getting out of hand yelling, waving batons throwing tear gas... both protester and officer respected the protest and gave their silence in support to me it shows the true meaning of protest.

i think it accomplished a successful protest that NO one supporter or not can deny.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by thejlxc
I love the idea OP. However, one day, you and most people will finally realize, you are fighting a war like it or not, and the price of silence will be death. Death by starvation, death by war, death by cancer, death by all manner of created disasters. Your silence one day will be the silence of all mankind.

Sometimes. Action is required.

I agree and if you look on this forum you can see i do my best.. I also live my life with action and not silence..

but I can appreciate what this silence conveys.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   

top topics

join