It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who is the chicken and who is the egg?chicken or egg,or both!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
A philosophy question a chicken can live without the egg but an egg cannot live without the chicken!

TextThe chicken or the egg causality dilemma is commonly stated as "which came first, the chicken or the egg?" To ancient philosophers, the question about the first chicken or egg also evoked the questions of how life and the universe in general began.[1] Cultural references to the chicken and egg intend to point out the futility of identifying the first case of a circular cause and consequence. It could be considered that in this approach lies the most fundamental nature of the question. A literal answer is somewhat obvious, as egg-laying species pre-date the existence of chickens. However, the metaphorical view sets a metaphysical ground to the dilemma. To better understand its metaphorical meaning, the question could be reformulated as: "Which came first, X that can't come without Y, or Y that can't come without X?"
source(en.wikipedia.org...

who was first the chicken or the egg

who was first 99 or 1?

Text'The chicken came first, not the egg', scientists prove Read more: www.metro.co.uk...

TextBut now they believe they have cracked the conundrum of what came first. British researchers say the chicken must have come first as the formation of eggs is only possible thanks to a protein found in the chicken’s ovaries. ‘It had long been suspected that the egg came first but now we have the scientific proof that shows that in fact the chicken came first,’ said Dr Colin Freeman, from Sheffield University, who worked with counterparts at Warwick University. ‘The protein had been identified before and it was linked to egg formation but by examining it closely we have been able to see how it controls the process,’ he added. The protein – called ovocledidin-17 (OC-17) – acts as a catalyst to speed up the development of the shell. Scientists used a super computer called HECToR, based in Edinburgh, to ‘zoom in’ on the formation of an egg. It showed OC-17 was crucial in kick-starting crystallisation – the early stages of forming a shell. The protein coverts calcium carbonate into calcite crystals which makes up the egg shell, creating six grammes of shell every 24 hours. Prof John Harding, also of Sheffield University, said the discovery could have other uses. ‘Understanding how chickens make shells is fascinating in itself but can also give clues towards designing new materials,’ he said. Next challenge: Why did the chicken cross the road? Read more: www.metro.co.uk...
source(www.metro.co.uk... -chicken-came-first-not-the-egg-scientists-prove

,source(www.beyonduni.com...

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
eggs have been around since reptiles, chicken havent. the egg came first.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by definity

Fish.

Fish lay eggs.

Fish predate reptiles and amphibians.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
The question is more interesting if it was reworded, "What came first, the chicken or the chicken egg?"

In that case, I don't know.

EDIT: Ok, I'll say the chicken egg, because it doesn't seem right that a chicken could hatch from a egg that isn't chicken
edit on 20-11-2011 by satron because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Chicken broth came first.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
the issue is what u insist to mean objects perspectives as one existence, objects say that objective exist not the objects themselves ones

so we can say that objective through time truth stop being one by becoming real

the egg is more the reality of objective then the chicken that is too confused with being of objective fact

that is how the less u exist as one the more u r right one, as being free out of ur look that belong to objective reality and not u

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
"What came first, the chicken or the chicken egg?"

The Rooster always comes first...

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
"What came first, the chicken or the chicken egg?"

The Rooster always comes first...
Who's Rooster?I don't see many those days!This planet is an island of Amazons.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
The question:
"which came first, the chicken or the egg" is a metaphor representing the enimga posed in speculation of the origins of existence.

Here the chicken is representative of God, whilst the egg is representative of existence.

Now the quick and dirty version is God created himself, and then created existence. This is the only possibility as consciousness and then awareness is mandatory for anything to have begun to exist at all.

It is the most riduclous feat anyone has managed to accomplish.
However, just because we know the answer does not mean, we understand it.

God is the one who created something from nothing, the very fabric of space and time over which everything is super imposed.

If we knew HOW God managed this, we would be in a position to recreate this ridiculous feat.

BUT, we can draw several conclusions, as implications by virtue of the fact of existence it self.

I will not bore you with the working out, so here is the final conclusion, for at least, WHY God has even bothered:

Infinitely Increasing Eternal Bliss, that is... bliss that is infinitely increasing in intensity for an eternal period of time.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Keiju

if god is the reason of objective existence, then existence is always inferior since one created it

but objective in truth concept is superior to what is not real, so here then god gave life to paradoxe, so god is satan life, then god is not creator of any, when it is an absolute destructor sense

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
The chicken, because the egg would be an incomplete copy of the chicken; therefore, the completed copy would have to first exist in order for an accurate (or adequate) copy to be produced. The only way it could be the other way around is if it were admitted that the egg was not originally a chicken egg, but somehow became a chicken egg before the chicken hatched.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by definity

'Chicken' is a metaphor.

What came first the reptile, or the egg?

Scientists proving the chicken came before the chicken egg, doesn't prove the egg didn't come before the reptile. So it doesn't really answer the metaphorical question it's asking, I don't think?

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by diamondsmith

Which came first, Space or Time?

That's the same question and the answer is the same - BOTH!

The person that proved the Chicken came first, violated the question, thus, they got it wrong.

Ribbit

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by satron
The question is more interesting if it was reworded, "What came first, the chicken or the chicken egg?"

In that case, I don't know.

EDIT: Ok, I'll say the chicken egg, because it doesn't seem right that a chicken could hatch from a egg that isn't chicken
edit on 20-11-2011 by satron because: (no reason given)

Riddle WE This:

What's an Egg without a Rooster?

Answer: An Omelette!

The Hen had to come first and she came with a pre-fertilized egg in her.

You have to look at the question:

Which came first, the Chicken or the Egg?

What is it asking? It's asking which came first for chickenS to happen, a plurality, which means the Egg had to be pre-fertilized and the Chicken had to be a Hen. So now We have a Hen and a pre-fertilized Egg and if the Egg came first, it would have to hatch into a Hen and when she got old enough to lay Eggs, what would happen? The Eggs would be Omelettes, thus, chickenS would kNot happen. But if the Hen came first, with a pre-fertilized Egg in her, when she laid the Egg and it hatched into a Rooster, when the Rooster got old enough it would fertilize the Hen and chickenS would happen.

Any other solution fails!

Ribbit

edit on 22-11-2011 by ButtUglyToad because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Who cares whether it was the egg, or the chicken?

I just want to know, did it really cross the road?

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I always heard that the chicken got laid then the egg. But that's the kind of neighborhood I grew up in and the friends I had.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK

There is kNOw sPoon!

There is kNOw rOad!

Ribbit

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK

What road?the chicken always have a deck attendant chickens use airlines from the beginning!

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

no the chicken dont cross any, chicken is to cut its legs and eat it whole, did u notice how small is the chicken head compared to the rest of the body? it is all clear

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   

TextIt had long been suspected that the egg came first, but now we have the scientific proof that shows that in fact the chicken came first," said Freeman. What they found was a protein, called ovocledidin-17 (OC-17), that exists only in a chicken's ovaries and is vital to eggshell formation in chickens. The protein acts as an ongoing builder that pieces microscopic parts of the shell together by converting calcium carbonate into calcite crystals. The shell would not exist without this protein, which only exists in chickens, so the end result is that the chicken came first.
link(www.dailytech.com...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join