It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China vice premier sees chronic global recession.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Source:
Reuters

A long-term global recession is certain to happen and China must focus on domestic problems, Chinese Vice Premier Wang Qishan has said.

The recession is here to stay. There is no time-limit given, however it looks like world leaders and economists are starting to recognise the reality. I am not personally sure the finances are the only thing to blame. I rather see a reality brick wall we just hit. Exponential growth is no longer possible, as we live on a finite planet. Yes, maybe the financial crisis is accelerating the problems, but this had to happen sooner or later. A finite planet will not allow infinite growth, time to get in space if we want continuous economical growth. I guess we should rather focus on sustainability than finding ways to increase demands for things that are finite. Several reasons why economical expansion is limited : ageing of the population in the west, limited energy resources, limited amounts of minerals and prime materials , ecosystem collapse due to the wrong approach on the way we exploit the planet. The future is bright but it is a mistake to assume we can continue the old ways forever.
edit on 20-11-2011 by Romanian because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I don't think it's here to stay.

Soon the globalist corporate wealth vacuum machines will suck all of the money out of the system, and will be faced with two options.

Either allow the system to collapse on itself through implosion, or to start giving some of the wealth back to the citizens in order to keep the cycle going.

Even if they choose option two, it will be tenuous at best, because the system is created to increase future profit margins and so they would have to continually increase the philanthropic endeavors to keep pace. This would prove exceptionally challenging as time progresses and the mechanisms of profit grow even more voracious in their appetites.

The problem is that it is a self-defeating system. There is a better system available and I think I will copy paste my recent comments in another thread here so that I can spread this basic solution.

That solution is freedom. Next post will explain.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
"We are going to have to act wiser and utilize cunning strategies and tactics in order to gain any ground on the global political front against the globalist political usurpers who's shadow hangs over us all.

Number one people need to quit their job if it entails unethical "obligations". If you are obligated to act unethically and trample other's liberties or use deception to empty their pockets, you need to QUIT.

There are countless ways in this world economy to get your bills paid, so there is no excuse for not spending all of your free off-duty time looking for an alternative route. Then when you find another way, you should put in your resignation immediately. Be honest and tell them why, because you refuse to continue acting unethically.

Number two, people need to educate themselves and others about liberty and respecting the liberty of other human beings at all times, no exceptions. You cannot justify trampling liberty in rare or special cases and then expect your own liberty to remain 100% unscathed.

Number three, stop misspending your money $ and instead invest in ethical and more localized economic organizations. The elites control us all through globalist policies and regulations, and this is why buying local no matter where you are is a detriment to their plans and goals to enslave the globe. Stop supporting governments with tax money if they are controlled by outside influences attempting to sell your sovereignty to the highest bidder. Stop buying goods from corporate entities that are essentially created or acquired by slavery, war, and deception. "

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
"I will explain more thoughts on this.

The globalist corporate entities are interested in profits and production. They have sabotaged their own gains however by being greedy and selfish and not caring about the people that work for them nor caring about the quality of living conditions they work under. They don't care about how much pollution they create, nor do they care about how many lives they destroy through the process of making money in a global economic system.

This is counter-productive behavior however in the long-term situation because it actually lowers the overall productivity ratings of the entire human race. I shall explain.

If people's liberty and rights were respected and upheld, than they would be free to spend more of their time thinking and looking into things they are interested in. This would allow the human inventive and innovative spirit to become unchained from the economic 'rat race' scenario, and allow them to explore their capabilities more deeply.

The true nature of humanity and the economic reality is not that production is based upon pure brute hard work and long hours. This is incorrect. The true nature is technologically based, and had the citizens gained freedom to innovate and invent better systems, they would be able to create higher capacity production methods.

In the long term global view, this would end up increasing the base production value of the human species exponentially and would increase the wealth of the nations and it's people drastically. It would raise living conditions across the board and as a consequence it would clean up the environment.

People would develop higher capacity, larger volume, cheaper, and faster methods of production. They would devise better ways to make more product with less resource, and they would in turn cut down on waste significantly (which is the source of our pollution problem).

If such liberty-oriented philosophy was embraced en masse, we would probably already have replicators, have mastered transmutation physics, be inter-stellar, and have robotic servants rather than human slaves.

Just think about it. "

My comments in this thread :
Violence breaks out in Egypt

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

I agree with your both posts. I also feel we missed out a lot as species due to our own economical systems we allow to control us. I do not think the elites are entirely to blame, they are just an effect not a cause. If our mind-set and our perception would change , we could reach the stars indeed.

I also feel trapped in the system too, just planning to move off the grid and find other ways to survive , ways capable of giving me more time for self-development and productivity . I started to study robotics and programming on my own, not that I dream of creating the singularity but simply I want to be capable of creating machines to work for me. In my previous jobs I always found that solutions and impoovments are very hard to implement due to the way the companies (especially the large ones) are organised. I will therefore take things into my own hands!

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Global Recession? lol... I love the Chinese stoicism, even in the face of imminent global collapse of finances.

When BoA is mentioned as a side story, reassigning over 50 *TRILLION* in derivatives between it's units.....it's over. I didn't realize until that story came out a few days ago that we were already into numbers in single organizations or corporations that run orders of magnitude beyond the value of all the metals and gems every mined in the history of man.

Recession.... That's a good one. Depression might not be a strong enough word. We'll see what happens when the Euro-Bubble good and truly pops.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Romanian

When all of it is being deliberately staged how could they not know it. China like the rest of the world is owned and controlled by the same banking cartels. WAKE UP people. It is simply another flavor of ice cream.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Romanian

A finite planet will not allow infinite growth

A statement of obvious truth and the Achilles heal of the system in place...

new topics

top topics

join