It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4 DEAD in O-hi-O

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

you keep saying the same thing like its gospel in fact you are wrong... at least put IMO at the end of your repetative rants about no goals and functionality of a movement you clearly have no clue about.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by -W1LL
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

there is no proof of that just as there is no proof these black hooded rock and piss throwing OWS protesters werent paid to make the movement look bad.

No proof that they WERE, either, and if so no proof of WHO bankrolled the alleged "payment".

Fifth columnists are not the exclusive provenance of "the gummint".

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   

fail no i dont think so the only fail is the one I am trying to point out and that is the failure of our GOV. to do their job... we as the 99% need to stand up and bring a stop to this madness...

Your comparison between those then and these now is in my opinion a FAIL. Not only that, but this group of individuals do not speak for me. They never asked me what my thoughts on the subject are neither have they asked for my permission to be represented by them.

99% indeed

this is after all America land of the free home of the brave!

Agreed

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by Wolfenz

Great....

So now some OWS supporters not only try to peg themselves to the 60s Generation fight to end the Vietnam war level, Now somebody wants to also attach them to WW-I era Vets [who actually sacrificed and contributed to rebuilding this country after the Great Depression] as well.

This desperate attempt to add OWS some historical legitimacy and the flagrant audacity to portray it on those levels is Pathetic.

edit on 21-11-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

Nobody is trying to "attach" anything, you would be a fool not to note the similarities. It may be because they are principally similar or it may just be because all are examples of protests. In this post, you are attacking individuals for trying to connect something you don't personally like, not defending the honor of any soldiers.

WTF is wrong with you SLAYER, why are you all the sudden so weird about this OWS thing? Of all people I've seen on ATS, you really are one of the last people I would expect to be so ignorant about this #.

In my eye, anyone who focuses on propaganda (i.e dirty, smelly feces throwing protestors bent on bringing communism to the USA) instead of the message that these people are trying to send is a fool, at least temporarily. The protest is the message, not the protestors themselves.

You people just can't get of the #ting in public bandwagon long enough to understand anything and now SLAYER you want to defend the honor of soldiers from those decrepit OWS supporters, god forbid they get their hands on a piece of history.

People just scoff and downtrodden everyone all the time now... scoff scoff scoff everyday.
edit on 21-11-2011 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by macman

Ok, then. I stand corrected with that.

The response was justified, not very settling, but that is what happens when you play with fire.

Which goes right back to my original question of when will people learn that it's never a good idea to throw rocks and bottles at people with GUNS.

link   

Originally posted by Evolutionsend

You state Montana as your location? Are you even American? If so, are you that disassociated with the US that you feel apart from the rest of us? If so, wouldn't that constitute a certain level of bias?

If not, Couldn't this thread and your stance be considered the postings of an outside agitator just stirring the pot?

Everyone has an equal right and even an obligation to the country to speak their word.

And I have.

Trying to brand someone as a so called outsider hurts the flow of politics and sociology. Trying to declare someone an outsider, while using your status or reputation to do so, is a lot of why this country is on the verge of being a failure.

I asked some questions nothing more. You seem to be the one reading too much into it.

link   

reply to post by Wolfenz

Great....

So now some OWS supporters not only try to peg themselves to the 60s Generation fight to end the Vietnam war level, Now somebody wants to also attach them to WW-I era Vets [who actually sacrificed and contributed to rebuilding this country after the Great Depression] as well.

This desperate attempt to add OWS some historical legitimacy and the flagrant audacity to portray it on those levels is Pathetic.

REREAD MY (LAST) POST Will YA ! look at the Bottom !

Did you know Anything about the Bonus Army! if you dont read and Learn from it as I did
much like the Original 99% Occupy not the Yuppies Collage Kids that took Over !

Im Talking about the Times From then to Now the Similarity of the Original 99% Movement 1

Ive seen what the OWS was Standing For ! At the Beginning but NOt Now

The Bonus Army Started During the Great Depression of the Economical Collapse when Vets Became Out of Work and had that Money Coming to them and wanted it Early instead of 1945 Desperate Needs ,, in Desperate Times ! Much Like the Original 99% ,,,

What about the Veterans and Active Soldiers that were with the ORIGINAL 99% Protest Slayer69 ?

I dont need to show you web sites & Videos of that do I?

Plain and Simple the OCCUPY Movement Now is all Misleading and Mistaken because of Yuppie Kids
want their demand of Their Select only what they want for a Job ( Occupation) and that's final Attitude
as i see it Skipping the Buildup!

and Are WE Close to a Recession

See this slayer69 /
|
Recession = United States
en.wikipedia.org...

Thanks to Bush Administration of both SR & JR we are in this Mess and Thanks to Obama Playing The Balanced Scale Dealing with the Problem and playing I want to be everybody Friend! his Change Became NILL he seem to be Gagged as a Parrot and Stringed as a Puppet

For One Kennedy Would of Never Let this Happen Nor Eisenhower!
If anyone Remembers the Red Scare Movement McCarthyism

All those Wars of the Indochina wars Were a Loss Except For One !

South Korea and they have their Own Products and selling them here in the States and They are Living Well in Korea .. for example Samsung and Hyundai sell their products the same price as if they were American Owned but made in China Compare Vizio & Samsung products

This Nations Company's Factories (Commercial Retailed) is in Communist Countries !!

can you Imagine the Ones that Fought and Died Against the Communist Cause see what happening Now !
Made In China ... that what you call a Back stab insult!!

And People Wonder where the Hell the jobs Are! There OverSEAS! China Vietnam India Etc !

Watch this slayer69

New Report: Trade Deficit with China Has Cost 2.8 Million U.S. Jobs Over Past Decade

and this 1986 commercial
wr grace -deficit trials.mp4

and Now

Banned US Commercial about the national debt

edit on 21-11-2011 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-11-2011 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Declassified documents show things differently than they were presented back then, and that the leftist radicals SDS and Weathermen were involved in agitation. They burned the ROTC building. Bill Ayers himself was involved and Bernadine Dohrn had spoken to the students earlier.

www.redstate.com...

I just love the hammer and sickle moment at this OWS march

www.liveleak.com...

more on leftist agitation

dwightmurphey-collectedwritings.info...

6. The SDS had a system of "regional travelers" who moved from place to place, tying together the many strands of militant activism. One of those who visited the Kent SDS was Mark Rudd, who had led the violent shutdown of Columbia University.

By 1968 SDS became a significant force at Kent State. The Chicago and Cleveland offices sent organizers, and speakers were invited to keep the militants apprised of events in the French student strike. When Senator Hubert Humphrey spoke on campus, he was met with an organized walk-out.

8. National SDS conducted a "Spring Offensive" in April 1969. As part of this, SDS leaders at Kent State presented a set of demands to the University Trustees to abolish the Reserve Army Training Corps (ROTC) and to close down all war-related research. This led to a confrontation with the Trustees who were meeting in the Music and Speech Building; 58 arrests were made. SDS's campus charter was revoked.

9. The Weatherman faction of SDS established five communes in Ohio. One militant later described these to James Michener's interviewers as being "to teach severe discipline...The object was to produce revolutionaries programmed to obey orders...You surrendered all personal money, idiosyncracies and will power, assured that you would come out of the experience with total dedication."

In the early morning of May 1, spray-painted slogans appeared all over town. An organization called WHORE ("World Historians Opposed to Racism and Exploitation") sponsored a rally on the Kent State commons at noon, attended by approximately 500, "to bury the Constitution." At that rally, a radical professor who called himself a "libertarian communist" called for "street action downtown tonight."

sound familiar? Sounds just like the demands to abolish Capitalism. I distinctly heard two OWS people say over the microphone to abolish Capitalism. In TEN minutes, one after the other. This I just happened to hear while listening to their own livestream and it was LIVE. That may not have been reported in the news. It is stuff like that, that you just hear it with your own ears.
edit on 21-11-2011 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   

you keep saying the same thing like its gospel in fact you are wrong... at least put IMO at the end of your repetative rants about no goals and functionality of a movement you clearly have no clue about.

OK, how about an example of where I'm "wrong"?

Show me the functionality within this dysfunctional "movement".

Show me the focused goal, and the way in which they are directing this focus to bear on a solution.

Give me a clue, then.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
"Police can riot all they please." ---- From a song called "Riot," by the Dead Kennedys

Let me quote part of the manifesto, written by Adbusters editors Kalle Lasen and Micah White offer a manifesto for the movement they helped launch.

Why Occupy will keep up the fight. --- Washington Post, Sunday, November 20, 2011

"For two heady months, the amorphous encampment in Lower Manhattan's Zuccotti Park had been the symbolic heart of Occupy Wall Street, the birthplace of the greatest social-justice movement to emerge in the United States since the civil rights era.

This primal cry for democracy sprang from young people who could no longer ignore the angst in their gut --- the premonition that their future does not compute, that their entire lives will be lived in the apocalyptic shadow of climate-change tipping points, species die-offs, a deadening commercialized culture, a political system perverted by money, precarious employment, a struggle to pay off crippling student loans, and no chance of ever owning a home or living in comfort like their parents.

Glimpsing this black hole of ecological, political, finanical and spiritual crisis, the youth and the millions of Americans who joined them instinctively knew that unless they stood up and fought nonviolently for a different kind of future, they would have no future at all.

Occupy was born because we the people feel that our country and our economy are moving precipitously in the wrong direction; that America has evolved into a kind of corporate oligarchic state, a 'corporatocracy'; and yes, that is what is needed is a regime change --- a Tahrir moment of truth in America."
edit on 21-11-2011 by Erno86 because: spelling

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

OK, how about an example of where I'm "wrong"?

Show me the functionality within this dysfunctional "movement".

Show me the focused goal, and the way in which they are directing this focus to bear on a solution.

Give me a clue, then.

I did in two different post just use WIKI use OWS as a your search term. it been posted im not going to argue it anymore.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
so whats the op's point ? - the host of our tour of the NTS site in Nevada chuckled when talking about protesters at the gates - and they were there for 30 years.

Only action forces action.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrNotforhire
I dont know... I feel that the protests back in the day had something of a purpose.. Anti Vietnam war, sure I don't agree with it.. but it was a point... they were rude the returning soldiers to the point where the US Gov. Said don't wear your uniforms back home; makes you a target.

Whatever I'm surprised some of you are shocked... you were all wanting violence and now its here... Not so fun is it?

so even with the truth finally being told...

by the Secretary of Defense involved..

you still do not agree with the Anti Vietnam War protests?

..Deny Ignorance

the most truthful thing you stated was I Dont Know

edit on 21-11-2011 by reeferman because: text size

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by RSF77
In my eye, anyone who focuses on propaganda (i.e dirty, smelly feces throwing protestors bent on bringing communism to the USA) instead of the message that these people are trying to send is a fool, at least temporarily. The protest is the message, not the protestors themselves.

But they are conveying both...
This is the problem, with no leadership and a clear agenda anything goes [and Has] including the actions you described and outlined by "some" just like there are plenty of OWS supporters advocating violence. So which message should we be listening to?

You can't have both while denying one or the other at the same time.

People just scoff and downtrodden everyone all the time now... scoff scoff scoff everyday.

I don't scoff at the downtrodden, I do what I can.

I help out and volunteer my extra time at two locations. My Local VA Admin for the Youngins returning home and attempt to keep them from boozing and drugging themselves to death like I've seen many of my peers do and my Local Baptist Church even though I'm of a different Faith serving food on Wednesdays to the them poor and downtrodden.

I don't ask for anything in return.
Why?

That's my business

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   

I did in two different post just use WIKI use OWS as a your search term. it been posted im not going to argue it anymore.

Fair enough. If you've got nothing to "straighten me out" with, don't expect me to get "straightened".

What you said here is effectively "prove yourself wrong, because I can't".

edit on 2011/11/21 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   

But they are conveying both...
This is the problem, with no leadership and a clear agenda. Anything goes including the actions you described and outlined by "some" just like there are plenty of OWS supporters advocating violence. So which message should we be listening to?

About the lack of organization and leadership:

That's what I have been trying to say on here, the only people willing to take to the streets are radical and unfortunate individuals. If people who had some sense joined the movement the potential to accomplish increases exponentially, the movement would become more than just people defecating on sidewalks and not about some radical or harmful ideology.

Though thanks to our glorious media, we will hear about this kind of stuff until the cows come home.

People fear what OWS could become without realizing the power of focusing it, instead people are submitting to a negative that has been partially manufactured. There are always wrongs everywhere you look, with democracy as a method all the wrongs will be uncovered and some may even turn into "rights".

You can't have both while denying one or the other at the same time.

Elements within OWS can potentially become dangerous while still preaching non-violence, this is the same hypocrisy that has fed to us Americans by our politicians, I don't see a difference from the norm. Do they not preach our well being and yet we turn around and people are taking to the streets, there is not enough jobs for everyone and the country is rampant with corruption on almost every level.

We are strong and the country will survive, but that does not excuse injustice and treason. This movement is begging to be hijacked, but not with malicious intent, it is begging to be hijacked by the American people. The people who represent OWS now are not accustomed to protesting and they are unsure as to completely what they are doing, they are crying out for help from more experienced and driven individuals. Nobody is answering despite the fact that I think the movement has a perfectly valid and righteous purpose, to remove corruption, or the incentive of, from our leadership.

The country cannot continue down its current path, sooner or later everyone who has been stepped on will erupt. Crime will shoot through the roof even farther than it is now and those who live comfortably with no concerns will be subject to group criminal activity, riots, mobs, rape etc. People are going to get more and more pissed at everyone who is living the "American Dream" with no concern for others or what is done to support this dream.

There is just a line there when the driver starts veering off the road, if you are a passenger you grab the damn wheel. OWS signifies I think that we are approaching this line, time is of the essence.
edit on 21-11-2011 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by reeferman

Don't forget that a lot of military are CFR members. They will cover their derrieres to suit which way the wind is blowing. Watch what happens with certain members of Congress when they support a war effort or piece of legislation then later on they deny their full support and change their view of it to match some new effort by the party to go with a certain agenda. First they were for it, then they were against it. And they will say they were only cajoled into it by blah blah blah.....When will they just vote their conscience?
North Vietnam was and still is Communist and the South Vietnamese wanted protection.
The Communist Soviets went into Afghanistan while there was a communist party faction there. It's always been about communist subversion, and never about "right wing fascists" killing innocents. Today we can call it Globalism. That way the spectre of McCarthyism doesn't cause knee jerk reactions.

The Hammer and Sickle red flag marched with OWS.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by -W1LL

I watched the videos and I don't think they portray what is being claimed. Personally, it looks like the OWS protestors are the ones inciting a riot. They keep yelling the f word at the cops who seem to be simply trying to hold their position. In the first, I see people trying to push the barricades out of the way and the police keep trying to hold them back. In the one with the guy face down, we have no idea why he is there, and only see the part where he is getting arrested. In the 3rd one, we again can't see what is happening other than the crowd yelling curse words at the police.

The police MAY have been out of line in the arrest with the man in the street, BUT we don't see it. We don't have enough info to judge the situation.

I CAN judge that the OWS supporters in the crowd seem to be escalating. I actually feel sorry for the position they are putting some of these policemen in.

I'm sure I am going to be eaten alive for daring to disagree. However, I'm calling it like I see it, after watching the videos.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by RSF77

Elements within OWS can potentially become dangerous while still preaching non-violence, this is the same hypocrisy that has fed to us Americans by our politicians, I don't see a difference from the norm.

I'm sure there are sincere and well-meaning souls in OWS, but just like Kent State, they can be led to the slaughter by radical wolves in sheep's clothing.

The people who represent OWS now are not accustomed to protesting and they are unsure as to completely what they are doing,

Some of them I'm sure are not experienced, but some are veteran protesters and have already said they were in Egypt and Wisconsin.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by RSF77

That's what I have been trying to say on here, the only people willing to take to the streets are radical and unfortunate individuals. If people who had some sense joined the movement the potential to accomplish increases exponentially, the movement would become more than just people defecating on sidewalks and not about some radical or harmful ideology.

Hold the Phone

I may be critical of the movement but I don't see them all that way. Yet by your own words it seems [Now correct me if I'm wrong here] that you feel they are all that way? That none are different?

Though thanks to our glorious media, we will hear about this kind of stuff until the cows come home.

I'll have to take your word on that. I don't turn my TV on except when it's Movie night.

People fear what OWS could become without realizing the power of focusing it, instead people are submitting to a negative that has been partially manufactured. There are always wrongs everywhere you look, with democracy as a method all the wrongs will be uncovered and some may even turn into "rights".

I don't fear OWS. I honestly feel you are giving them way too much credit there. If they were a true grass roots movement and popular with the masses it would have caught on like wildfire within days, weeks or even months.

Whats it been?

Over two months?

We are strong and the country will survive, but that does not excuse injustice and treason. This movement is begging to be hijacked,

Some of us saw that writing on the wall a few weeks back with Union involvement and Moneys donated by people known and unknown...

Look I think we can all agree that Corruption has to be dealt with but not by threatening and or Blackmail. That is some of the messages coming from the group [Whether it is acknowledged by some of OWS supporters or not ]

The country cannot continue down its current path, sooner or later everyone who has been stepped on will erupt. Crime will shoot through the roof even farther than it is now and those who live comfortably with no concerns will be subject to group criminal activity, riots, mobs, rape etc.

Now who is fear mongering here?

Also, I don't buy into the fictitious polarization between OWS [who will save the world] and Everybody else. To me that's more of the same of You are either with us, or against us [And supposedly support the elites]

I stand apart and can see real issues with both

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join