It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unidentified flashing objects

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Not sure if this video of some unidentifiable flashing objects has been posted. I could not figure what this might be besides intelligently directed and self luminous craft, but I am open to suggestions. What you are looking for here are the swarm of brightly flashing lights that enter the frame and seem to pass through near the space station as if curious.

All the poster Streetcap says about this video is this:

Prior to retrieval of Wake Shield.

And immediately after this, transmission feed was stopped.

More interesting in big screen high def. These can't be satellites can they?

edit on 20-11-2011 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
looks like rotating ice particels reflecting sunlight.

something much common in the vincinity of spacecraft

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I suppose it could be debris of some kind and the flashing caused by it reflecting light as it rotates.

lol TMJ1972 came up with the same idea at the same time and just got in before me

edit on 20-11-2011 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by TMJ1972

Uh...they are flashing. Definitely flashing. Do not appear to be reflecting at all.

Did you watch the video?

Are ice chunks known to linger, change directions or fly in anything but a straight path?

No, I think that theorizing "ice chunks" is definitely a reach here.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant
Uh...they are flashing. Definitely flashing. Do not appear to be reflecting at all.

every object being hit by light is reflecting in a specific manner, as far a s i see it the way it reflects is much like ice is reflecting light

Did you watch the video?

of course i did

Are ice chunks known to linger, change directions or fly in anything but a straight path?

normally you wouldn't expect them to do that, but in fact they do.

You need to understand space as an environment where there are conditions very different from what you know of down on earth.
First there is microgravity, which basically means everything once accelerated will travel a straight path and momentum applied to something results in acceleration and possibly rotation too.

Now there you have a straight path and a rotation as expected.

Then guess what happens with radiation, on such objects.. sunlight in this case.
If an ice particle flies from out of a shadowed area and is hit by sunlight it might get heated up very fast.
This might result in areas of the ice particle vavorizing instanly and propel it in a jetlike manner, resulting in directionional and rotational changes.

Hard to understand but heating and cooling works a little different up there, theres no convection, theres just radiation and conduction if it comes to heat transportation.

edit on 20-11-2011 by TMJ1972 because: typos

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Ice particles don't stop in space.....

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   

According to Jim Oberg, and a few thousand ATS psuedo debunkers...

...yes that is what you are supposed to believe

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arken

ice particels do almost every unimagable motion due to spontaneous vaporisation as described earlier

from the viewers position they must not necessarily stop, ice has such a high reflectivity that a standard ccd-camera will see no difference wether its 10 feet away or 300 feet away.
let it travel away from viewers position in a straight line and it appears like it has stopped.

Well ... whatever you rant about UFO's
noone can tell its really ice, unless you collect a probe. So its in fact some UFO in common sense.
but from all possible explanations of this phenomena ice and small debris and its behaviour in that environment is the most probable cause.

I saw so many videos showing this in space, I saw large chunks coming loose from the shuttles main tank, i saw particles being moved by the shuttles attitude control thrusters.

as i said .. you underestimate the environment and the way radiation (heat) interacts on ice...

sooo if anyone likes to bring in 'intelligent motion' and tell its some sort of alien spaceship doing that.
nope
according to occams razor, the easier explanation has to be preferred, and in this case ice explains it extremly well.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Its a Tesla ship owned by the 1% of the anti Tesla cartel that has essentially made 99.99% of
the 99% into allied anti Tesla agents supporting the denial by ignorance of the inventions of
Tesla, all of them.

Yeah it sparks and flies with electrical voltage pulses into the fine matter via
a large copper wire antenna looking like a spun carpet you see in my avatar.

There is no magnetism involved only the principle of removing the magnetic
coil from a circuit that generates an immediate high voltage. The high voltage
is what Tesla found to be controlling fine matter and thus between pulsing
and relaxing of the fine matter in space and solid earth and matter at a few
thousands of cycles per second at the speed of light he achieved forces
quite adequate for flight.

Goes 1000s of miles per hour taking the ship and crew in circles or jumps
of 1000s of feet of altitude the 1% will never talk about because of the all
fine matter interaction.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by TMJ1972

according to occams razor, the easier explanation has to be preferred, and in this case ice explains it extremly well.

Perhaps to your view but these behave nothing like "ice crystals" and so forgive me if I seriously and highly doubt your explanation. As to these objects being "ice crystals" I remain highly skeptical, though you may be a believer. Who am I to question your set of beliefs? Peace.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

I actually like "Unidentified Flashing Objects" as a description, since it is also the acronym 'UFO'. Fits perfectly.

Now....as to the provenance, yes they look very much like particles of debris, most common culprit is ice. There are many ways that such objects, being of small mass, can have their trajectory affected, from many possible locations on the Shuttle Orbiter where gas is vented, for many reasons. Knowing the exact time helps in determining what might be happening.

From a similar thread that discussed another of the same YouTube author's posted videos, I wrote this, for your consideration:

Problem with any of those videos, and even the latest "awesome" one just posted (dated November 20, 2011) is that in none of the cases do the objects look like anything other than rotating smallish bits of debris or junk.

I say "rotating" because that is what accounts for the intermittent "flashing". The flashing is sort of regular, but not always....again, due to many reasons.

Consider just a single round metal washer, for a mental image. In free fall, it can rotate along any axis that passes through its center of gravity. It can have a perfectly symmetrical rotation....call it a "simple" motion....along that axis.

Or, it could be very complex, sort of "gyrating" alternately along multiple axes, all that intersect of course through the center of gravity. The "flashing" therefore is either somewhat regular, or variable....depending on each time the surface of the washer happens to catch and reflect the Sunlight back to the viewer (or camera).

Here, I managed to find a video which demonstrates what I am trying to explain, in words:

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ProudBird

Interesting thanks. Here is another "ice crystal" by the same utuber. This ice crystal moves slow.
BTW - Why do they have to stop the feed whenever these "ice crystals" show up?

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

Why do they have to stop the feed whenever these "ice crystals" show up?

All I can say is, from watching these two, and especially the one in the OP....it is an exaggeration made by that YouTube author. In the OP video I see no stopping of the feed.....the video simply stops where the YouTube author stopped it.

The other one, above, shows a camera turned of, or interrupted from that particular feed, but that happens all the time. Also, that other video is falsely labelled (it's not the ISS). That video doesn't mention that sometimes they merely decide to access another camera, thus the interruption.

And, in any case, the Unidentified Flashing Object in the video above is in full view for some time, and the camera does not stop until the Object actually disappears in shadow.

I see no overt attempts there by anyone to "hide" anything. At least....not by NASA or any other space agency.

In fact, NASA would likely be very forthcoming in assisting with the answers to the questions, there. But, I suppose many would not believe what they said, anyway.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arken

sooo if anyone likes to bring in 'intelligent motion' and tell its some sort of alien spaceship doing that.
nope

If I was to show you intelligent motion from a NON earthly object , would you change your view then ?

If this question is sounding like it is loaded in my favor , it is and the vid to prove it has already been posted out in a previous thread . With no one wanting to admit it is proof since I believe they may have to admit eating crow doesn't taste to good .
edit on 21-11-2011 by watchdog8110 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Interesting thanks. Here is another "ice crystal" by the same utuber. This ice crystal moves slow.
BTW - Why do they have to stop the feed whenever these "ice crystals" show up?

Its most likely one of these

NASA created UFO like Orb? Bokeh? Alien Spacecraft?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
The Starshine objects 1,2,3 have all decayed from their orbits . Starshine 4,5 may very well have been cut from the program due to budget cuts , nothing further has been know about them for quite awhile . 4,5 Never did make it to orbit or they would have released something to the press .

I think it should be made clear that they ceased to exist , also if referring to them as a possible explanation prior to 2003 could be what people saw . We don,t want to debunk anything with dead satellites now do we in 2011 .

top topics

join