It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Armored Personell Carrier Makes way into Protests!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
www.businessinsider.com...

They are trying to fool people by printing "rescue" on the side but dang, this is getting a little bit more militarized, seems the protestors need a commander at this point. Their are not that many protestors around and I do not see the reason for this APC except for intimidation to limit free speech. While their are many tactical ways to disable this vehicle, I will not get into it; just a brief browsing of threads here at ATS can point on in the right direction. Will we see more of this in other cities?

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
The militarization of the police can only mean one thing.

They are preparing for a war.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Can someone please tell me why it's necessary to have a small tank in the middle of a bunch of unarmed civilians? A bunch of unarmed hippies at that.

I understand that they need to clear things out and all that good stuff, but I'm seriously afraid that we're going to have a Tienanmen Square here in the U.S. with that thing rolling around.

These people link arms and curl up in balls, not strap dynamite to themselves. There's really not a need to treat it like a war zone, and that seems to be slowly but surely exactly what's happening.

This is particularly worrisome because a common profession of people coming back from the military to civilian life is to be a cop. With full riot gear and now crap like this running around, how long before they start having flashbacks and killing people?

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Ah, what the hell, I'll tell em how to get the job done! Armor is very vulnerable in urban environments! One could easily jam a metal pole into the tracks and disable it, release ammonia into the air intakes, or eff up the engine with something. Those things are not very dangerous without guns. Without guns all they can do is run you over. I got this info from my MSG, a cav scout from Desert Storm.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

This is not something that is just rolling into Tampa today. This is from a couple of days ago.

news.yahoo.com... on-occupy-tampa-rally-165800157.html

from this article:

The purpose of the vehicle was unclear and its presence immediately sparked wide speculation among the protestors. I have to admit that when I first saw the tank, it felt ominous and an extreme measure.

The tank, it turns out, was actually a rescue vehicle. It does not have any weapons on it and the side is clearly labeled "Rescue 2." Its full name is Amphibious Rescue Vehicle -- "Rescue 2" and it goes by the nickname "High-Top Shoe." Despite its somewhat menacing appearance, it is just a vehicle that's built tough for transporting people in extreme conditions and circumstances.

Despite all this information, which can easily be found online with a little research, protestors are still jumping to wild conclusions about the vehicle. On the Occupy Tampa Facebook page, a handful of people have left comments that liken the presence of the vehicle to the events that took place at Tiananmen Square. Considering that Tiananmen Square was an all-out blood bath that involved armed soldiers, Type 59 battle tanks, and resulted in the deaths of possibly thousands, I would call the comparison far-off and extreme.

Quit fear mongering!!!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by DROKKR
The militarization of the police can only mean one thing.

They are preparing for a war.

I hate to say this... but I say we give them one... but that's just me and we would need a leader first...

Will someone ever take that torch??? or should I say START a torch to be passed down???

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
This is ridiculous. I feel they are using these Occupy protests just to see how much military presence they can show in response to people peacefully gathering and protesting. I am also amazed at the way people are treating these protesters. They are people getting off their lazy butts and doing SOMETHING, maybe not much.. but SOMETHING about the corruption and greed we all discuss here day by day. They are also being HEARD. You can't exactly ignore cities full of people saying the same things.

Sorry about my off topic rant, but back to the armored vehicle, it just seems so overboard. It's not like we have radicals running around the streets with RPG's and what not. GEEZE

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
It's an old M577 mobile command post. Wheeeee....I'm scared.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

No I not scared as their are various ways to disable it, but their are people who are protesting who may certainly be scared, it is a fear and terror tactic, just like Assad is using his tanks, this is starting.

top topics

join