It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who can lead me to the Brotherhood of the Snake?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
This question is for those who know and accept the true reality of our creation.

It is not a thread that is seeking to change your mind concerning your beliefs, but an attempt to find the modern trail of an ancient Brotherhood.

Did the true Brotherhood of the Snake become assimilated into the Masonic framework, or somewhere else?

Has the battle been won or lost? Is it still being fought? I would appreciate any information, esoteric, ciphered, or just blatant that may lead to the true protectors of humanity.

Thank you in advance!

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by jimnuggits

I would try google first.

www.2012.com.au...

Two major Brotherhoods arose on Earth, both influenced by Shambhala and Agartha, together they are called The Brotherhood of .the Snake. Shambhala was the seat of the Evocation of the Masters of Wisdom,, Agartha was the seat of the Invocation of the Masters of Wisdom. Together they embodied the universal polarity of opposites.

edit on 20-11-2011 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Here, knock yourself out.......

Hours and hours of this stuff to be had on YouTube:

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
The same article twice. Also, these are extremely old articles. I am enquiring about the current state of these affairs. Perhaps not the proper platform for this inquiry, but there is such a wealth of knowledge here, I thought I'd give it a shot. Thank you any way!

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Unfortunately, my info is about 20 years old by now...

The Union of the Snake is on the climb
It's gonna race it's gonna break
Gonna move up to the borderline

edit on 2011.11.20 by JoshNorton because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
No one can lead you, You must travel the path yourself.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
To my mind, The Brotherhood is not an evil cabal bent on world domination, but a group of people who keep this reality from becoming truly oppressed by those that want total world domination.

The Biblical story of the 'forbidden fruit' is a clue, and so is the Lucifer Story.

Why would an omnipotent and beneficient God keep his creations from Gnosis?

Why would God punish those who had learned the truth of their own nature?

WHy would the bearer of Light and Wisdom become the very epitome of Evil?

Put the pieces together and the picture becomes clear.

The Christian God becomes the evil oppressor, and the brotherhood of the Snake become the protectors of Humanity.

Where are they now?

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Why would you want to follow something when you clearly don't know what it is?
If you have exhausted the Bible, then give it a try, but you will find your answer there long before you exhaust the Bible

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by sinthia

Read it, and exhausted it already.

The Bible is full of contradictions, errors of logic and just outright false information.

If I wanted to lead people into darkness and oppression, I'd use the Bible.

Nothing has ever been as murderous and inhumane as a group that sees the Bible as God's unmolested 'Word.'

Sorry, wrong tree.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by JoshNorton

Always knew there was some next level stuff going on with Duran Duran.

Hungry like a wolf?

'Cerebus' much?

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

About 2 years ago an ATS thread led me to research Shambhala. I looked it up, read all morning about it and was highly intrigued. I also happened to find a link to a meditation center just a couple of blocks from my work. So, I called them, and they had a lunchtime meditation every Thursday at 12:00. It was 11:30 on a Thursday at the time! What are the chances of them being so close, and the timing being so perfect. So, instead of lunch, I went there, and I had my first meditation ever. It was very cool. I went back every Thursday for several months. I never joined, I hardly talked to anybody, it was just a very quiet, very reflective lunch break once per week, and it helped me in a lot of ways.

I'm already a Mason, and I've never heard of the brotherhood of the snake. I also never heard of Shambhala through Masonry.

But, there is no such thing as too much knowledge. Might as well get involved in everything and then draw one's own conclusions on the meaning of it all.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

No such thing as too much information...

That's my mentality behind it too.

That's why ANY being that obfuscates knowledge is, in my opinion, a tyrant not to be trusted.

Meditation is a many splendored thing!

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimnuggits
To my mind, The Brotherhood is not an evil cabal bent on world domination, but a group of people who keep this reality from becoming truly oppressed by those that want total world domination.

The Biblical story of the 'forbidden fruit' is a clue, and so is the Lucifer Story.

In my opinion the story is about creatures of God choosing self-awareness. Either they could live blissfully ignorant (and immortal), or they could choose mortality in order to learn and understand the nature of good/evil, love/hate, etc.

I don't believe God is necessarily preventing mankind from finding out the truth. I don't think God is necessarily helping either, except through a few clues that have been passed down through time and have worked their way into all civilizations and religions. Namely - love your neighbor.

I haven't decided whether we are simply the children/creatures of God; or if we are creatures with an indwelling fragment of God; or if we are ACTUALLY God.

There was a great book by Scott Adams (of Dilbert fame) called "Fragments of God" (i believe) that was a free PDF novel that suggests when God became self-aware and had experienced all He could experience, He decided to blow himself up in the Big Bang and experience ALL of creation through fragments literally blown across the universe.

I don't believe God punishes anyone. ALL pain and suffering in this world can be traced to one of two causes: they are either man-made, or an accident of nature.

This is one area that I believe many religions have gone awry. If a religious leader, or founder, finds out the Truth it seems invariably that he or his followers will twist the truth, hide it or withold it in order to exert control over the masses, who are taught "God" will punish them unless they obey the mandates of a church.

I consider myself a Christian in the sense that I believe the teachings of Jesus are right on the money. At the same time I lament the fact (pun intended) that some of His followers - namely Paul - began a movement which persists to the modern day as a cult of belief that man will somehow be punished unless he believes or follows certain rules that were dreamed up by church leaders, kings, and emperors centuries ago.

Jesus had one message: Love one another.

Incredibly this is the SAME message that has been given in all major religions.

As far as punishment -

Hell (gehenna) is not a literal place. Hell (to me) is a state of separation from God, or a state of un-knowing. I think we are incarnate on this world in order to learn the difference between love and hate; selfishness and selflessness; good and evil.

The whole point of mortality I think is to instill a sense of purpose in our journey to find out the Truth. Death isn't necessarily a punishment or ending, but a change in which we get to evaluate what we learned in our seventy or so years, on average, and how well we can apply it to developing our soul.

"Lucifer" is a made up word. It appears in the Bible only once and depending on whom you ask it means either Venus, the morning star, or it refers to the Babylonian king fallen from power. The light bearer or morning star phrases are used later in the New Testament to refer to Christ.

That word I believe was inserted into the Bible in the 4th century by a monk translating Hebrew/Greek to Latin or something. There was no equivelant to the Hebrew phrase so he used the closest word he could think of. In any case it's not a proper name or the name of the devil or whatever.

The epitome of evil is Self. When Truth is revealed it inevitably leads to abandonment of self and progression towards selflessness. Truth equals Love, and according to the New Testament: "There is no fear in love."

The Christian God becomes the evil oppressor, and the brotherhood of the Snake become the protectors of Humanity.

I think that isn't accurate. There is no christian God.. only God (or perhaps multiple aspects of one God).

In that same line of thought the only oppressor is the one that seeks to prevent regular people from knowing the Truth. By claiming to be the sole inheritors of the one and only truth in the whole world, and subjecting people to bend to their will the "church" becomes the oppressor.

It's my belief that the perpetrators of any conspiracy can be found ultimately by asking "Who benefited?

More.....

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Take sexuality for example. Who benefits from procreation? Certainly not God, unless it serves to promote love.

I'm picking on Catholicism a little bit, but think about it. The only entity that benefits from large numbers of Catholic children is the church. :-)

I feel the same way about homosexuality (or any other practice that is consensual between adults). I don't think God cares one way or another about same sex couples. I think God only cares that we learn to love and accept each other.

I'm not suggesting a conspiracy, only that the party who suffers if people use birth control or have gay relationships without procreation is the party that depends on having more members to control than any other party.

Finally.. whew... my take on the whole snake thing.

I'm in the medical profession (paramedic). We use symbols like the Caduceus and Star of Life for recognition of our profession. The thing that absolutely blows me away about the ancient Caduceus symbol (two snakes entertwined around a staff) is that if you look at it for very long it begins to look an awful lot like DNA!

Certainly the discovery of DNA has revealed a lot of the mysteries of life. I don't know if ancient people knew about DNA, or if this is a hidden symbol of where to look, or even if aliens mated with sumerians to make slaves to dig gold.... who knows? But I do find the symbolism of snakes/serpents interesting.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   
The only snake cult I am familiar with is Orphism.

en.wikipedia.org...(religion)

As far as I've been able to determine the Thracians were likely the source of the Vanir cults in northern europe prior to the Aesir-Vanir War.

www.osterholm.info...

So, if you are look for some sort of Brotherhood of the Snake, then you are likely to find evidence in the traces of the Vanir.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by emsed1

Thank you for your response, I am glad someone has taken it upon themselves to seek their truth.

If I were an ancient band of enlightened people whom wished to spread a very important message, but wished to make absolutely sure that those in possession of it were ready to recieve it, how would I go about making that happen?

First, I would put a system of coded words in the most popular and read book on Earth. (check)

Then, I would hide the truth behind concepts that most people would be irrationally and emotionally adverse to exploring with any focus. (check)

It is true that Lucifer was mentioned only once, and not as 'Satan.'

Which makes me wonder why the framers of the Gospels and Christianity itself would be so adverse to the concept.

There is definitely more to the story.

To me, the Brotherhood of the Snake (or Serpent) protects the true meaning and story of our creation, but I am also certain that it is no longer called by this name.

Could it be that the truth of the matter is hidden in a place where only the logical and brave will journey? (IE, the Lucifer meme?)

If the cadeusus is a symbol for DNA, and the Kundalini is also a serpent, does that not mean that the symbol of a serpent has been unecessarily given a negative connotation, on purpose?

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimnuggits

Where are they now?

Says the Luciferion, had Eve not bit the apple then maybe the world would not have become the total hell it's become maybe people wouldn't kill each other and the million other evil things humanity is unfortunately capable of, had Eve not bit the fruit then more then likley man kind figures it's self out in a natural way, in the way it was meant to be, yea i look at all the knowledge the beloved Lucifer (insert sarcasm) has given to man kind it's done wonders....
edit on 23-11-2011 by King Seesar because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   

I think that maybe the knowledge wasn't hidden or concealed in ancient texts originally, but when Constantine and the roman church began to realize that if this simple message of truth was available to anyone they would lose all power and control that they began editing the Bible.

What power would kings and popes have over mankind if all the laws and teachings were shown to mean nothing? How would the leaders of these churches and royal families be able to maintain their elite status and wealth if people just ignored them and stopped giving them money?

In fact the worst punishment that could be inflicted upon a person (death, damnation, torture) would become meaningless if the truth was revealed that we are all immortal spiritual creatures that are just temporarily incarnate on this little blue planet for a short period of time.

I have always had this fascination with near-death experiences. There are thousands of well-documented cases of people who have died and returned after a glimpse of the afterlife. Interestingly they universally present a message of love, spirituality and immortality despite the religion or lack thereof of the victim.

In my mind the Eden story symbolizes our spiritual lives in paradise before we became human. At some point, I think, we choose to live as humans and in that process (choosing to eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil) we get deposited here in a painful physical body, with all our memories of paradise and eternity (tree of life) gone.

Our purpose is to navigate through this world, make decisions, make mistakes, love, learn, and experience good and bad in order to have a greater understanding of what is truly good and what is truly evil.

In that process we are given free-will from God and He doesn't abandon us but I think we are left to our own devices while we are human. I don't believe God punishes us. I do think that during this period of separation from God we accept the fact that God won't intervene either through punishment or reward while we are mortal.

It's like leaving a cushy life to go be on an island, like in Survivor. Sure, if you get yourself into a real pickle you can request to be rescued, but for the most part you are left alone to survive.

I think divine intervention is possible, but only if every possible human intervention has failed and out of faith (not desperation) we sincerely ask for God's help. But I think for the most part we are on our own and have to resort to our own decisions with guidance from people who have come before that is passed down in tradition and teachings.

Perhaps there was a being who wanted to short circuit the spiritual learning process and talked humans into "doing their own thang" without God (satan, serpent, etc.) but I think that ultimately we realize love and forgiveness and patience are the only solution, and that there is no shortcut.

I think the serpent was chosen to represent this entity maybe because it is the creature that lives on it's belly. Being closer to the earth than any other creature, it maybe represents the ultimate distance from God (or the sky).

Who knows? Most importantly though, about symbols, is not what they were intended to mean, but how we interpret them. We ultimately get to decide for ourselves what the meaning is and because the free will to believe is the only thing that can't be taken away from us by man we are ultimately not subject to the power of any other person.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by emsed1

Take sexuality for example. Who benefits from procreation? Certainly not God, unless it serves to promote love.

I'm picking on Catholicism a little bit, but think about it. The only entity that benefits from large numbers of Catholic children is the church. :-)

I feel the same way about homosexuality (or any other practice that is consensual between adults). I don't think God cares one way or another about same sex couples. I think God only cares that we learn to love and accept each other.

I'm not suggesting a conspiracy, only that the party who suffers if people use birth control or have gay relationships without procreation is the party that depends on having more members to control than any other party.

Finally.. whew... my take on the whole snake thing.

I'm in the medical profession (paramedic). We use symbols like the Caduceus and Star of Life for recognition of our profession. The thing that absolutely blows me away about the ancient Caduceus symbol (two snakes entertwined around a staff) is that if you look at it for very long it begins to look an awful lot like DNA!

Certainly the discovery of DNA has revealed a lot of the mysteries of life. I don't know if ancient people knew about DNA, or if this is a hidden symbol of where to look, or even if aliens mated with sumerians to make slaves to dig gold.... who knows? But I do find the symbolism of snakes/serpents interesting.

The caduceus isn't double-helix-y enough to resemble DNA.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join