It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

artifact/anamoly/being in picture?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
My friend emailed this photo over to me the other night and wanted my opinion on what I thought was in the image off to the left. The picture was taken at 8:39pm by his dad with a new iPhone 4s. He told me his dad wanted to see how the solar sensor light was working and snapped this photo. He claims that stick like image with what looks to be some kind of smoke coming from the top and also what appears to be something kneeling over behind it near the fence was not there when he took the picture. He could not see either of those two things with his naked eye and claims that nothing was over there. I don't know what it could be as I'm not an expert in photo analysis. I figured I'd post it here and ask you guys/gals what your opinions were.

img818.imageshack.us...
edit on 20-11-2011 by RavenX because: fixed image link

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I never really put much faith in those type of anomalies being paranormal. Could be a reflection off of something such as the lenses, etc. You did mention that your friends Dad was testing the sensor light, so I'm leaning towards that as an explanation.
edit on 20-11-2011 by KEMIK because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Ahhh Swingball!
I used to play that when I was a kid.
Nice
GTD

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I see what you mean!..., interesting Picture.
I'm just trying to get some more out of it with some image processing applications.
Thx for sharing

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Im going with the swingball theory too.....looks like the light is coming from the house or swimming pool.

If you get someone to hit the ball out of shot, take the photo with the settings he had...1/16 - iso 800 etc....you will get motion blur, illuminating the string...which you can see on the left side of the photo. (just below the fence line far left side)

The light is clearly visible on the shed...same colour as the string/smoke/ghost/alien/

edit on 20-11-2011 by loves a conspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by RavenX

Your friend has one creepy barn in his backyard my friend.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy

Im going with the swingball theory too.....looks like the light is coming from the house or swimming pool.

If you get someone to hit the ball out of shot, take the photo with the settings he had...1/16 - iso 800 etc....you will get motion blur, illuminating the string...which you can see on the left side of the photo. (just below the fence line far left side)

The light is clearly visible on the shed...same colour as the string/smoke/ghost/alien/

edit on 20-11-2011 by loves a conspiricy because: (no reason given)

I'll third the explanation, swingball it is. It's a solid post, with the blurs extending from it.

Duh.

Hoax bin?

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I just spoke with my friend again and he says there is no swing ball there, just the fence. Druid42 you shouldn't be so quick to jump to conclusions.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by RavenX

Your friend is pulling your leg i think.

Why would you take a picture of the shed in the dark?? Which is at the bottom of the garden, at the rear end of an outdoor pool.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by RavenX

OK, I've downloaded the image, then cropped and enhanced the part which shows something "kneeling" behind the vertical line. There's definitely "something" there... ahhh but what?

I dont think there's enough detail in the image, but If it does indeed show a figure kneeling, then to me the head looks very odd.
Tilted at a strange angle or something?

The vertical line and wispy thing still looks like swingball to me, but I'll happily take the OP at his word.

So, if it's not swingball.... then... what is it?

Wisps of smoke coming from a..... long slim pole/pipe of some sort??

Strange.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy
reply to post by RavenX

Why would you take a picture of the shed in the dark?? Which is at the bottom of the garden, at the rear end of an outdoor pool.

in the first post of this thread in case you missed it.

Originally posted by RavenX
The picture was taken at 8:39pm by his dad with a new iPhone 4s. He told me his dad wanted to see how the solar sensor light was working and snapped this photo.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by RavenX

Ahhh right sorry, i hadnt visited the thread for a couple of days and forgot that was in the OP.

Just to add....the photo was taken at 8:34pm

If only google earth had a better resolution of this property

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gordi The Drummer
Ahhh Swingball!
I used to play that when I was a kid.
Nice
GTD

My first thought also
... the 'smoke' gave the initial impression of someone limboing under an invisible pole

(edit to add) in the pic that has been embedded the 'smoke' looks brighter and this is a common effect caused by moisture in the air when someone is smoking or lighting a cig ... or there is some other form of light source behind or to the side of the person taking the pic. A friend of mine took a similar pic which looked very effective initially but after a little exploration it was proven to be cause by an inside light reflecting off the moisture in the night air.

Woody

edit on 27-11-2011 by woodwytch because: (no reason given)

top topics

join