It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Explosion Reported at LAX, Airport Closed, Reported Bomb Threat

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:
LL1

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I can see a wheelchair battery, but size "D" flashlight batteries??
Airlines are very strict on the type of wheelchair battery:

www.mult-sclerosis.org...

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I believe that they were size C, not D.

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I have seen this before in military style flashlights. The ones that are impact proof and water resistant have a tendancy to do this if the batteries are installed backwards. Also if water gets inside and then the flashlight is closed it will build up pressure from the heat of the oxidation of the batteries. Not that uncommon.

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 06:34 PM
link   
This reminds me of the scare we had at Sea tac a while back. A Bag going through the x-ray machine started to buzz and shake a bit, they freaked out, closed off the terminal.

Turned out to be a vibrator that was accidentally switched on when it was jolted on the belt. mPretty funny.

But yeah, flashlight and other batteries explode. Especially if subjected to drastic changes in pressure and temp, like being in the cargo hopld of a plane. Makes sense, though the securityt breach and exploding batteries happening at the same time is pretty scary.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 11:32 PM
link   
From this thread from the OP, to this new one today. Confiscation is on it's way.....

New Jersey's Garden State Plaza Mall attack:

www.nydailynews.com...
edit on 08/08/2013 by Hayzito because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Weren't there a couple of explosions at LAX near the end of October that were later attributed to Dry Ice? There must be some kind of unusual energy there. Maybe even demonic? The guy who shot the TSA worker and other bystanders was affected too.
-cwm
edit on 11/4/2013 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by carewemust

These are obviously all, shall i say it, 'false flags,' to give more reason why the 2nd should be atttacked.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join