It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hacker reveals plan to occupy airwaves

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   

The ABC7 News I-Team has discovered that some of the same people who launched the Occupy movement are now considering a plan to occupy the airwaves. By hijacking radio and television stations, they could create a nationwide panic.

The aim for these activists would be to broadcast their own message across the country. It sounds incredible, but after talking to engineers and to those who oversee the broadcast industry, it looks like it's possible.

It's a quiet Sunday night, football game is blaring away and out of the blue a massive Guy Fawkes mask appears on your TV with a message. Sound crazy....perhaps not. Given the ever increasing holes in SCADA systems and numerous other online sources like satellites and their transmissions, this seems very likely. A compromise of the EAS (emergency alert system), which was tested recently, could generate a hell of a lot of panic for the masses. In some ways it may be the only means by which to grab the attention of joe 6 pack but it would be extremely unsettling for many.

Is this 'Vendetta' gone awry or a reality ?

src

brill
edit on 20-11-2011 by brill because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Problem is they may only get a few seconds to broadcast, so they are must get their message across in a 30 second time frame and at the moment with no leader or clear policies, this could be a scuttling point.
edit on 20-11-2011 by michaelmcclen because: grammar

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by brill

It's a quiet Sunday night, football game is blaring away and out of the blue a massive Guy Fawkes mask appears on your TV with a message. Sound crazy....perhaps not.

Anything is better than football..........!!!!

I would not mind seeing this happen at all!

It would bring a whole new level of Televangelism to many living rooms. That would be preaching to the masses!

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by michaelmcclen
Problem is they may only get a few seconds to broadcast, so they are must get their message across in a 30 second time frame and at the moment with no leader or clear policies, this could be a scuttling point.

I think this could vary. Obviously larger mainstream networks would scrutinize their content and activities more cautiously. If there's anything that can be taken away from a lot of hacking and cracking related stories its that the weakest link is usually the inroad. Even then who's to say that as a movement continues to grow so does it support, which includes the very people who could facilitate access. I'm waiting for my bluetooth toaster to begin telling me my toast is done and that it is legion, it does not forgive and will always burn it.

brill

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
20 Years of Broadcast experience here, I can dial it up from home and shut it DOWN!

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by SANTA CLAWS
20 Years of Broadcast experience here, I can dial it up from home and shut it DOWN!

I'm curious. As an insider can you provide some insight on feasibility here ? Seems doable to me but I would like to hear from a seasoned expert in broadcasting.

brill

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
If the hackers could hold it for long enough it would be a rather interesting thing indeed. Depends what they say or show on whether it creates a negative effect. Imagine all the people who get annoyed at them cutting in on their favourite mind-numbing show or all those people who for the first time are uplifted? It can be either great or useless, who knows how it'll be taken?

Personally I think they should do pictures of the Occupy movement around the world with Charlie Chaplin's speech from The Great Dictator, it would be a moment of greatness.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I couldn't help but think of this...Hack The Planet !!

brill

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
They are better off using store intercom systems to speak.

Just a thought.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
If ANON really took over the airwaves i gotta say i would most likely be the only one in my house completely amused. I think it should be done.Think of the number of people posted in front of a Television. would be the perfect wake up call.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
V or They Live comes to mind and could be a very effective form of guerrilla info warfare. Hacking the new TV billboards on the sides of major cities highways would be another high value target.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by michaelmcclen

The fact is, unless you are within the inner circle of Anon, you know nothing of the leadership or policies. And further, this could easily be implemented. All he, the hacker, would have to do is record his message on digital medium, access the proper frequency, play the tones, and play the 30 second message. For a well rehearsed professional, the whole thing would take no more than 5-8 minutes total.

top topics

join