It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pledge of Allegiance is BRAINWASHING!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
I thought this video was funny and it explains a lot. I believe that this is 100% true it is brainwashing. also I love the whitest kids you know.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Imlookingthroughyou

I moved to the United States from Canada as a young child and always found the Pledge of Allegiance to be very creepy. I would look around and see people pledging their allegiance to a flag. Even as a young child I could see the error in this, it just never made send to me.

I had never seen anything like that before. In Canada some elementary schools would have you sing Oh Canada in the morning. Pledging allegiance to a flag is on a whole other level though.

Those kids look like zombies, just like I thought my class mates were. It's not their fault though. Poor kids.
edit on 20-11-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
im in high school actually. I have to say the pledge 5 times a week and i know its brain washing ive known it for awhile now i reluctantly say it so i dont look disrespectful and so i don't get in trouble.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I can't help but laugh at this notion of the pledge being brain washing, honestly its making a mountain out of a mole hill. Let me guess singing the national anthem at sporting events such as baseball games is also brainwashing? Perhaps its a lack of actual pride in the nation that has led it to its current predicament...

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
this is true. I still love my country the national anthem is still a beautiful song i just don't think kids in school should have to say the pledge.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Helig

Considering how mirror neurons operate, observing group dynamics and that little feeling of "belonging to a group" when people are all singing the same song and how it affects consciousness by creating special neurons that only react to these above conditions + some more factors...

I'd say yes. It's brainwashing. But then again, a lot of things are. So it all comes down to what is being done with the installed neurons and the herd-type thinking(is it good or bad?), and with America in question, lets have a look see at where the song is sung and whether or not these occasions are interchangeable: National anthem sung at; school, fairs, military, jobs, sports, sport events, entertainment events....

as you can see, it is sung at very diverse events. Personally, I do not like the idea of the same neurons firing in the military and in school. Or neurons firing away at entertainment events...

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Helig
I can't help but laugh at this notion of the pledge being brain washing, honestly its making a mountain out of a mole hill. Let me guess singing the national anthem at sporting events such as baseball games is also brainwashing? Perhaps its a lack of actual pride in the nation that has led it to its current predicament...

Making children who are so impressionable pledge on the flag from a very young age is somewhat brain washing. They're being told from a young to serve the flag no matter what and from then on with this knowledge they can think no different. It's similar to what Lenin once said "Give us the child for 8 years and it will be a Bolshevik forever."

(Im not implying the pledge is a communist conspiracy, I know what y'all are like).

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I refused to say it in kindergarten. I don't have a clue as to why. My parents would have wanted me to do that and conform. I was sent to the principal's office for my offense! I was surprised that it was such a big deal. I'd refuse to say it today.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Imlookingthroughyou
im in high school actually. I have to say the pledge 5 times a week and i know its brain washing ive known it for awhile now i reluctantly say it so i dont look disrespectful and so i don't get in trouble.

That is the entire point of it! Conformity.

I don't like to say it myself. I believe we're the only nation that pledges to the flag rather than the nation itself. I believe like it needs to be changed, but honestly it fits us well. I feel like flags are a symbol of war, and pledging our undivided attention and devotion to a war flag seems fitting for the USA. Just look at our national anthem. It's not like most, glorifying the nation and the people; we sing about bombs and that flag during a battle.

War is engrained in the United States' mentality. The pledge to the flag is just part of the system.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I guess I always saw it as respecting my country. Things may not be good, but there are much much worse places we could be living.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by FracturedFacade
reply to post by Helig

Considering how mirror neurons operate, observing group dynamics and that little feeling of "belonging to a group" when people are all singing the same song and how it affects consciousness by creating special neurons that only react to these above conditions + some more factors...

I'd say yes. It's brainwashing. But then again, a lot of things are. So it all comes down to what is being done with the installed neurons and the herd-type thinking(is it good or bad?), and with America in question, lets have a look see at where the song is sung and whether or not these occasions are interchangeable: National anthem sung at; school, fairs, military, jobs, sports, sport events, entertainment events....

as you can see, it is sung at very diverse events. Personally, I do not like the idea of the same neurons firing in the military and in school. Or neurons firing away at entertainment events...

this is extremely insightful into what some of the actual problems are with the pledge
in around fourth grade our teacher had us actually analyze what the pledge of allegiance actually meant......mind was blown
most people are not even aware of the words they are speaking
they just repeat them with absolutely no thought whatsoever
same time and place to really drive the point home too

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed

I had never seen anything like that before. In Canada some elementary schools would have you sing Oh Canada in the morning. Pledging allegiance to a flag is on a whole other level though.

Well, it is obvious why we do not sing our National Anthem very often-- I for one, cannot hit the notes!

But I want to add a slightly different perspective...

I entered first grade in 1966. We still had prayer in public schools, (because Ritalin had not yet come into use?!).

Each day began with:
* The Pledge of Allegiance (which has a cadence like a Creed, but facing a flag instead of a Cross),
* An "attack prayer" by the Fundamentalist Principal and teachers over the Intercom (e.g., "Protect the teachers and restrain the students-- make them respectful...").

Often, the rest of the day would contain liberal political indoctrination by our teachers who, apparently, only secured employment by membership in the DNC-- and were definitely Union.

While our mothers and fathers may well have worked for Johnson & Johnson or General Dynamics (mentioned in the video-- and both in Fort Worth), our teachers would have hated GD, Bell Helicopter and anything military.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   

So is 'duck', 'duck', 'GOOSE!' - Teaching kids how to pick the undesirable 'other' out of a line-up. If that's not indoctrination, I don't know what is!

Or maybe it's just a game that people like to play: Like nations, kings, or pledges of allegiance.

The human soul craves what it craves.

edit on 20-11-2011 by RedBird because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Don't like the pledge?

Don't say it.

Just don't stop others who want to.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Don't like the pledge?

Don't say it.

Just don't stop others who want to.

dont like murder?

dont murder

just dont stop other who want to

edit:yes i understand how big a difference but its a slippery slope when allowing unethical behavior (if you want to say it privately thats 100% ok though)
edit on 20-11-2011 by capninsano240 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by capninsano240

dont like murder?

dont murder

edit:yes i understand how big a difference but its a slippery slope when allowing unethical behavior (if you want to say it privately thats 100% ok though)

If you consider saying the pledge "unethical" then you have waaaay too many issues to be debated on ATS.

Good luck with that.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

dont like murder?

dont murder

If you consider saying the pledge "unethical" then you have waaaay too many issues to be debated on ATS.

Good luck with that.

i consider it in unethical if done in public in a large group in such a way that encourages any kind of behavior what so ever from other people

you are more than welcome to do anything you want in private but do not try to exert control over other people k?

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I stopped reciting the pledge in junior high.

When asked why I wasn't doing so by a teacher, obviously upset at my lack of pledging, my simple response was, "what? We've been doing this every day for years...do you really think I'm going to wake up one morning and pledge my allegiance to Canada? No, better yet, I'm going to be a Communist today..."

They had no response.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

think of it this way
i like to be nude. i think its healthy and comfortable
public nudity is banned to prevent a certain type of behavior in people
i respect this and wear clothing in public ....but am perfectly free to be nude in private where i will not be influencing anyone with that behavior (doesnt matter if its good or bad)

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   

i consider it in unethical if done in public in a large group in such a way that encourages any kind of behavior what so ever from other people

you are more than welcome to do anything you want in private but do not try to exert control over other people k?

Explain.

Why do you consider it unethical?

What kind of bahaviour does it encourage?
Patriotism?
Pride in America?

If OWS can do potty in public, then by god! I and many others can show pride in our country.

Will wait for your reply.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join