It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you the One?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   
i dont have a brain.
YOU are a saint.
whoever reads this.
you are sanctified.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I believe everyone has an inner universe, an exact duplicate of this outer universe. Only through these physical bodies is how the inhabitants of the different copies can communicate with eachother and have the experience of a shared world. When an inhabitant begins to realize this and naturally wants to exert control over their own universe the closest thing western culture has to offer is the image of a Messiah, but many then confuse being the Messiah for themselves and their own private universe with being the Messiah for the outer world and so for all the other 'copies' which is delusional as each should become their own Messiah. It is like making a society of robots, were each robot will become self aware AI one day. But if that one AI starts to program all other robots, those would never truly achieve self awareness as they didn't program themselves.

In a way language is our programming, each generation adds a few new words and expressions, both good and bad and this is our luggage. To believe this is in DNA, which is unchangable by thought alone is a mistake imho, DNA is like the unchangeable hardware compared to software which can be reprogrammed and changed. Imagine if it were possible to change DNA by thought alone; make one mistake thinking about the liver and you might die a horrible death where thoughts never really hurt, unless one is convinced they do. Also in IT, sometimes the software can be changed in such a way it better utilizes the hardware giving the impression of a faster machine while in fact our bodies are all (more or less) equal, it's just everyone has learned a different way to utilize it.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Bluesma

yes, you explained it very well. Do you notice when these changes that occur from time to time in your life happen about every 7ish years?

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I followed the white rabbit and all I got was this lousy T-shirt...

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I enjoyed reading ALL your replies! Some are funny come backs, some are fascinating stories of your own, and some are a different point of view of the question. I just don't have the time to post to each individually right now, but have the strong desire to express some appreciation for your sharing!!

I think some may have misunderstood what I was getting at, I didn't express it clearly perhaps.
I was makign the suggestion that we each may have a purpose in regards to our own family line.
To your blood relatives that came before you! Each generation with the hopes and dreams and regrets of the relatives before us, to break cycles and repeated patterns, add knowledge and wisdom to the blood.

It was in considering certain family repeated patterns- like ones which tend to have fathers which run out on their families, for example (that is in mine). This may be locked in DNA, as well as all the subconscious signals and expectations we communicate to our offspring. Or abuse, being emotionally distant, that kind of stuff.

The One, for that family, may be the one which breaks out of that and does differently. Not the ONE for the World.......but maybe, already, for your anscestors, as they watch, you could be their saving grace if you can achieve it, or some of it!

That sense of importance may find it's source in a deep subconscious knowledge that this is part of our heritage and purpose.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Bluesma

the one is what do better so proving that one exist by itself and not bc of all reason or sources

the notion of better is nothing objectively since through same objective facts, but it is all to the concept of true existence, if u really exist then u cant do but better everyday

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by lbndhr

That is the third time in one week I've thought, seen or heard about the 7 year cycle. The first time I was thinking how I and other people age on a 7 year cycle. The next time I watched a video that talked about children are like a blank slate until about 7 years old. The advice was to let the child be! Do not impose strict doctrines or ideals, just love and encouragement. And now your mention of 7 year cycle. Just awesome.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oxygenation
OP i can relate. I had a psychosis back in 2005 which led me to believe i was the messiah. After investigating what had happened to me i came across something called the messiah complex or messianic complex. It is not something documented in the book of psychological symptoms that the psychological world refers to in order to diagnose patients symptoms however it is something which is known by a few psychologists and sits on the fringes of what is accepted in the world of psychology.

I think my psychosis happened back in 1992. I had REAL trouble getting past my 32 birthday. And my 33rd. After that, I knew I wasn't the One. Phew.

The Messiah Complex is an unexplained phenomena, where and individual "thinks" they have the answers to everything. They see how to solve the world's problems in their mind. They think they are the re-incarnation of Jesus.

There are currently over 35,000 people in the United States afflicted with this illness. David Koresh, and Jim Jones are a couple that come to mind.

After many years i look back at my experience and understand it on two levels. The first is that something happened to my psychologically, something which even psychologists are not able to quantify in professional terms just yet. The second is that it was also something deeply spiritual.

Yes, it was deep. I hope you've found your path.

Many of us have already experienced awakenings in differing levels of intensity and many of will continue to do so. In my honest opinion it is something which has not fully been identified and discussed out in the open as it is still something relatively new to the human experience but as more of us awaken it will become a phenomenon talked about by the whole world, of this i have little doubt.

It may be called "evolution". We may someday leave our physical bodies, able to control the very energy around us, and realize who we really are.

These experiences can be refered to as episodes of psychosis or as i prefer to call them.... blessings.

Much love.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Bluesma

You are here to enable the divine purpose of the universe to unfold. That is how important you are!

~ Eckhart Tolle

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
The real question is - why are you NOT the one?

Don't you dare answer that!

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I belive i could be the one. I'm just waiting for the right moment to unleash my true inner self.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan

I love dares and challenges!

I AM the One! (at least for my family)
But if I hadn't accepted the challenge and broken out of the patterns of my family, it would have been because it is very hard, it is very painful, and much sacrifice (in the immediate) comes with that, and it would have been very understandable and forgiveable if I hadn't. I would have just joined the ranks of my anscestors cheering on my offspring and theirs, hoping one would be able to do it.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bluesma
I think a lot of people here can perhaps identify with the experience of having an « awakening » of some sort in their lives ? I did too, and it really seemed like until that phase, I had been a person walking and acting unconsciously, or at least unaware.

That phase happened in different « steps », of many kinds, and accompanied with different sudden insights and ways of seeing things.

At one point, there was a sense of my being « important », of having a mission of some sort I came here to do. I had a « big dream » of entering a castle that had been turned into a hotel, and I had a secret mission to turn it back to it’s former glory. I was checking the cheap wall coverings to see if the original stone structure was intact (an dhappy to find it was). I went to the desk and was given a key to a room. In the room I went to the closet, removed a false back to it, and found white robes. I remembered hiding them there long ago, to come get at this important time. I put them on, ready to start the renovation.....

Whenever I remember this time fo that dream, I understand the people that come onto boards with the announcement that they are here to save the world or something. They sound nuts, and I think they might be misinterpreting something..... but I also know what they are feeling and suspect it might have a grain of truth in it.

We have anscestral luggage. Patterns in the family that are replayed over and over and over..... even without ever being told what grandma or grandpa did, somehow we end fidning out we did the same thing, the same mistakes. I seriously think an anscestral memory lives in our DNA. Some studies with rats have suggested the same thing- rats taught to do a certain maze give birth to off spring that can learn that maze quicker than ones born of parents that didn’t learn it.

So what if the souls our anscestors watch with baited breath asking is He/She the One ?
Is He/she the one that will break the cycles, break the patterns, create themself and close the circles ? Will he/She have the strength and courage to make a new experience, a new world ?

Or will he/she also trip and fall and end up waiting and watching with us, the next generations, sending them messages- you have a mission ! You are terribly important ! You can DO IT !

We might ALL be extremely important, the One, the Savior of many, if we heed the call.

edit on 20-11-2011 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

We all are the sum part of what we have learned both in our own lives and those who have gone before us. It is never just one giant shift that we become our own better selves, but a constant step process, sometimes the same step over and over until we get it right, We are also the culmination of not just both our parent's DNA, but their own personalities also. In my case, I gained a sense of self reliance from my father and good business sense, along with a willingness to explore and not be afraid of new things. From my mother I picked up the esoteric wisdom she was famous for and the ability to survive despite the toughest situations. Now not every path in my life has been a smooth one, but some the harshest lessons I've learned have been the most poignant in hindsight.

"Those who refuse to learn from their mistakes are doomed to repeat them."

Many people in this world see mistakes as a failing, and shut out what they have to teach us, yet in reality mistakes are just nature's way of showing how not to do it. I mean how many inventors would be nowhere if they gave up the first time they failed at something? We'd all be back in the stone ages still.
People also have little to no value over their lives, and that has been something ingrained in us since birth to keep the population from rising up and taking down the powers that rule us. I believe we are nearing a tipping point now where people are more in tune with the world than we have ever been, and can see this taking of our freedoms for what it is. Unfortunately it has become a global epedemic that is most likely not going to change within our lifetimes, but I firmly believe the world will shift away from what we are now and become the world we all dream of.
The most important thing to remember is "I have lived a life less ordinary", and believe that. List your accomplishments, no matter how small they seem, list your successes, you will soon find that you aren't just some run of the mill 9 to 5er that barely moved the dirt needed to bury themselves by the end, that we are all here for a special reason, right here, right now

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Ribbit

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I hear all this chatter that we are "one", even though history has shown otherwise. This "oneness with everything" everyone preaches has so far been unattainable like most dogmas. It is a beautiful thought and one I'd like to see realized, but so far we as a species offer nothing but destruction and decay. We have destroyed life we are supposed to be one with.

Since history has shown that we thrive on the destruction of the planet, this leads me to believe we are more of akin to a cancer cell, parasite or invasive species. It's hard think about, but it seems more likely. We are only one in the sense that we are part of this massive virus on earth—this we share. Are we really one with each other? Can we honestly say that we're the same? If not, maybe you and I are more individual than we think, and that the idea of "the one" could be possible.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bluesma

I love dares and challenges!

I AM the One! (at least for my family)
But if I hadn't accepted the challenge and broken out of the patterns of my family, it would have been because it is very hard, it is very painful, and much sacrifice (in the immediate) comes with that, and it would have been very understandable and forgiveable if I hadn't. I would have just joined the ranks of my anscestors cheering on my offspring and theirs, hoping one would be able to do it.

If you can carry that through and reconcile everything with your larger family, and the human condition as a whole, then yeah, that would make you the One. If you can repattern the human being, in liberty and love, in whatever way however big or small, beginning with yourself, then you've absolutely served the greatest possible good, and may therefore be considered the One. The One is love after all, it's who and what we really are!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join