It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mirror Image

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   
When you look into a mirror, you see a reflection that is a 180 degree rotation of the vertical axis. (For example, if you hold up your left hand, it will appear that you are holding up your right hand.) While the mirror image does not actually "change" which hand you raised, it does present an alternative reality to the one in front of your eyes. According to the mirror, your appearance is 180 degrees off of the vertical axis of what you claim to see. When you look in the mirror, is that the real you?

What if Life is a Mirror Image of Reality? Everything we see and experience would be approximately 180 degrees off from its true nature. All that we visualise could be radically different in its raw and true form than what we are perceiving it to be. All that we understand about the functioning of the world could be wrong on so many levels.

Thoughts?

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   
When you interpret our life as a Reflection of reality, keep in mind your definition of reflection may differ from others...

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Doesn't the retina also receive images upside down - and our brains have been "rotating" it since a very young age?

The same theory could be applied. What if our brain changes other factors as well? what if we're seeing what we want to see? rather than a raw image of reality as seen directly from our eyes - not the brain?

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   
What if it's kNot just flipped across the X axis but the Y axis as well?

True Inversion.

Ribbit

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by xxdaniel21

This. Sorry OP, but your theory is proven false with simple science... science learnt in school.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   
We are not seeing another reality, we are seeing photons bouncing of a shiny surface back into our eyes...

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

Good question.
I see the wrapping, the covering over the real me. I want to know what the real me looks like.
I have seen ghosts so real I thought they were real people until I found out later I just saw the ghost so and so. How can that be? How can the spirit form appear human, and even dressed? What is there a Walmart over there?

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by roughycannon

Technically yes, but these images burn onto the retina, which trigger electrical impulses through the nerves, which lead to the brain. It's after this that we actually "know" what's going on.

Our personal beliefs may or may not be interfering with the "raw image" from the retina.

It's known that our brain changes the image into something easier, and convenient, but what's always intrigued me, is that why are all of our brains reading it the same? Are they the same?

A psychologist names george stratton conducted experiments in the late 1800's by actually wearing glasses that inverted his vision for a period of time. His perception started to change after a few days, into something "normal" to him. "Normal" to HIM.
This brings us to "what is normal"?
People's understanding of their environments differ to others, and with this, there are most likely people who see a different reality to others.

Why does the drug lsd hold long term effects if used constantly? You are essentially training your mind into altering images into something more familiar to the user, hence leaving you thinking after a while that you're a glass of orange juice (i've actually experienced people like this, and their mental state is not easy to fathom)

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by chadderson

Very true. How would you define Reflection in this context?

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Nobama

While Science has made many advancements in our understanding of the world, there is much it fails to adequately explain - especially in the field of Metaphysics. Sometimes you need to think outside the box for these kinds of topics.
edit on 20/11/2011 by Dark Ghost because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   
when dreaming you are driving a car what side of the car is the steering wheel ?

it is my experience that we also dream in mirror image.

also has anyone ever looked at themselves in a mirror while dreaming ?

here is a video I just came across on this subject "The cosmic Mirror"

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 04:54 AM
link   
read Bohm wholeness and implicate order its stating pretty much that as does the holographic theory which is pretty much built on Bohm's work. Tis a wacky ride.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by xsheep

when dreaming you are driving a car what side of the car is the steering wheel ?

it is my experience that we also dream in mirror image.

also has anyone ever looked at themselves in a mirror while dreaming ?

here is a video I just came across on this subject "The cosmic Mirror"

that....is actually extremely interesting to me
not something i had thought about before but im fairly certain youre onto something im usually a righty but when i dream i end up using my left a lot

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Interesting intro... the first thing that popped into my mind (probably not what you were going for) was why is the the image in the mirror rotated ONLY on the vertical axis and not the horizontal as well? Perhaps it's a stupid question, but it's early here and I'm on my 1st cup o' joe...

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   

When you look in a mirror, you see yourself. All reflections, including this forum, are ways of view ourselves against other sources of light. I like your concept. I had a similar epiphany recently. LINK

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Ghost
When you look into a mirror, you see a reflection that is a 180 degree rotation of the vertical axis. (For example, if you hold up your left hand, it will appear that you are holding up your right hand.) While the mirror image does not
actually "change" which hand you raised, it does present an alternative reality to the one in front of your eyes. According to the mirror, your appearance is 180 degrees off of the vertical axis of what you claim to see. When you look in the mirror, is that the real you?

What if Life is a Mirror Image of Reality? Everything we see and experience would be approximately 180 degrees off from its true nature. All that we visualise could be radically different in its raw and true form than what we are perceiving it to be. All that we understand about the functioning of the world could be wrong on so many levels.

Thoughts?

you're almost right.
design with your brain.
live with your body.

repeat the cycle.
are you drawing circles, or making them.
where is your life holograph.

www.disclose.tv...
www.disclose.tv...

it is at the core of this circle.
it binds 180 down to 180 up.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by roughycannon
We are not seeing another reality, we are seeing photons bouncing of a shiny surface back into our eyes...

But then what are dreams? There's no photons entering the eyes but still I can wake up remembering seeing something new, made out of things I've already seen while awake but there are no photons in my brain coming from the sun. So is there something in the brain generating photons which are then converted to energy seen by a 2nd eye in the brain?

new topics

top topics

join