It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if you filled out every credit card application that you received in the mail?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Do it.

You want a plan.... I have one.

Run up your credit score to the max.... Let's make 2012 the party of the century.

Anyway you can get some credit.... get it... and then what's the plan after that?

Don't pay it back.

thoughts?
edit on 20-11-2011 by Doomsday 2029 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Its a great idea in theory, but you would need to know that everyone is actually going to do it.
But anyway, this has already happened.. Remember we are responsible for the 'governments' debt.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Doomsday 2029

Been there done that. Maxed out everything and spent heaps of money, got some cool toys, lived it large, had a awesome time. Couldn't pay it back, so it gets wiped as in totally wiped. Can't get credit over $1000 a time for three years, but is that a bad thing? Well worth it anyway.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Shoot let's PARTY! The good old government boys have been doing it on our dime for how many years now? Too many to even count!

I'm gonna go start applying for every thing I can find! LOL

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Is it true that each time you apply you get -10?

I don't know much since I don't roll in credit.

Get back to me on that. I am curious to know.
Thanks for checking.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   
PLAN: Max out the cards and don't pay it back.

That's what i call an occupation.... and a very peaceful occupation I might add.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Yep seems so. And it's worse than I expected.

Link to dirty evil truth.

Part of your credit score – 10% to be exact – considers the number of inquiries made for your credit report. Credit inquiries are placed on your credit report each time a business requests a copy of your report.

The Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) requires businesses to have an acceptable reason for accessing your credit report. Acceptable reasons include:
To grant credit
Collect a debt
Underwrite insurance
Employment
License issuing by some government agencies
Legitimate business transactions

Just applying for a job can land you a reduction in score.
Or hell, even getting a licence may hurt you.

Doesn't that sound insane and absurd? Well, that's how credit scores apparently work.
Score one for slavery eh?

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doomsday 2029

That's what i call an occupation.... and a very peaceful occupation I might add.

Be careful because it can become hard to get anything, like rent an apartment, buy a house, get a car, etc.

You better make sure you can afford to sink your slave score...oops I mean credit score into oblivion.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   
so far thats the most sensible idea that have heard..
shame that most wont do anything sensible and insist upon doing things the hard way with no results to show...
by far would be much more effective than ows..peaceful and it would hit the corrupt bastards where it hurts...
S+F

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Originally posted by Doomsday 2029

Be careful because it can become hard to get anything, like rent an apartment, buy a house, get a car, etc.

You better make sure you can afford to sink your slave score...oops I mean credit score into oblivion.

We are at war..... didn't you know?

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   
i have 4 credit cards and no impulse control. i own every object ive ever wanted.. every kitchen gadget, pot, or pan, every electronic gadget, computer, software, or game. tons of books, tons of tools, tons of art supplies, tons of junk. a guitar. a band saw. a HD 3D TV. a cat. and i still have good credit at 700 something...

the one thing id love to do more than anything, is escape all this crap and live in a nice big hole i dug out in the woods. or an island.. i saw that movie castaway in the theater.. tom hanks was an idiot.

no one needs junk, they just need to need it.
they have this useless need because they are missing something important but they have no idea what it is.
and everything and everyone else tells them that they need money and stuff
then theyll be happy, then theyll be secure, then they can relax.

but they are wrong.

the only thing anyone needs, is to just give up.
give up on living this insane lie.
give up on defending all those stupid stupid dead people who told us to live like this.

just give up on the dream, stop fighting the nightmare, and wake up.
and when you do that, please turn over and nudge me awake too...
edit on 20-11-2011 by BohemianBrim because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   
This idea needs tractions. Its concise, unstoppable and the result would be vicious and loud. Wow. Its like we hold a nuke and don't even realize it. If anyone knows someone participating in an Occupy, let them know about this idea.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   
My uncle (whom I despise) did this years ago.
He knew his business was going broke so he took all the cash he could, got every credit card possible and upped the limits.
Then spent 3 months on a world trip while buying gold and diamonds..
When he got back he declared himself bankrupt..

Oh and his home etc were always in the wife's name only..

Very criminal but he came out in front as always..
I hate people like that.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZeussusZ
reply to post by Doomsday 2029

Been there done that. Maxed out everything and spent heaps of money, got some cool toys, lived it large, had a awesome time. Couldn't pay it back, so it gets wiped as in totally wiped. Can't get credit over $1000 a time for three years, but is that a bad thing? Well worth it anyway.

Just another irresponsible freeloader that adds to our countries debt. One day you will need someone elses trust, I hope you get taken for a ride.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   
You can also get heaps of credit cards and then never use them.Banks hate it when you dont buy anything.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by daggyz
Just another irresponsible freeloader that adds to our countries debt.

PUPPY POOP

Watch these videos and tell me again how 'We the People...' are causing the debt

9/10/2001: Rumsfeld says $2.3 TRILLION Missing from Pentagon the day BEFORE 9/11

McKinney Grills Rumsfeld Missing trillions 2006

Federal Reserve Lost 9 TRILLION Dollars. fiscal year 2009

Now wake up Herr SHEEP and stop blaming the little guy

top topics

join