It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In Time

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   
So, i went to the cinemas today to watch In Time. It is a movie that prettty much revolves around time being the central essence of civilisation, with it determining how long a person lives and the currency, it is quite interesting.

Throughout the film, the movie tends to show that elitists don't give a #, with one of the main guys sayin "For a few to remain immortal, many must die." Also, everyone has a type of mark on them, displaying the time that they have until they die. I'm quite surprised though that i didn't really find any conspiracy stuff.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital
So, i went to the cinemas today to watch In Time.

The reviews I've read so far say that the first half of the movie sets up a very interesting society, rules, scenario, technology, civilisation and so forth... but the second half of the movie dumps all that and it just becomes an action/chase/explosion movie.
In your opinion, true or not?

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

Originally posted by daaskapital
So, i went to the cinemas today to watch In Time.

The reviews I've read so far say that the first half of the movie sets up a very interesting society, rules, scenario, technology, civilisation and so forth... but the second half of the movie dumps all that and it just becomes an action/chase/explosion movie.
In your opinion, true or not?

Yeah, thats pretty much what happens.

The first half sets up all the time stuff involving the rich people having everything (living for ever) while the poor having nothing (needing to kill, steal etc), and then the premise quickly descends into the 2 main characters stealing time slots giving them to the poor people, thus making one big rich dude realise he had been defeated.

SPOILER:
So, essentially, the main characters go around robbing banks. It even ends with the chick saying that there are bigger banks to rip off.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   
The movie was a future version of what happens today, the rich live good lifes and dont give a f**k about the poor, the poor live day to day on the edge, and in the end the poor uprise against it and shuv it to the elite...

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   
saw it on friday

definitely worth a watch, actors put in a decent performance, looks good, great cars

i guess its really just a comment on todays society

it does turn into a bit of an action movie, but, still an enjoyable movie

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I read the script for In Time (back when it was called I'm.mortal, which is still a better title imo) 12 or so months ago. I was sure that they would fix up the script and end up with a good solid sci-fi film... man was I wrong.

The only thing interesting about In Time was the setting, which turns out to be extremely poorly constructed and developed. And I can't believe they kept the "wrist wrestling" thing in the movie, after reading the script I thought for sure that they would remove it because it sounded really lame... and what do you know, in the movie it was really lame too.

Don't bother wasting your time on this trash... or if you do, at least don't waste your money.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Time on your hands..
just in time
Time is money.
If I only had the time..
Time, gentlemen please, drink up.. last orders..
All in good time..
Ran out of time..

It's funny when you think of it.. how time rules everything we do, how we measure our lives in this manner.

I quite enjoyed the film for it's ideas but it left me feeling there should be more to it than just a lot of chasing, thefts and 'rich v poor'..

I wanted to know what happened to his dad.. Would have liked to see more of how 'time' was effecting everything.
Basically it needs a bit more depth, a bit more background.

Reminded me very much of Logans run, with a twist..

verdict; Enjoyable, could have been a lot, lot better..

new topics

top topics

join