It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cop breaks window and refuses to pay

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   

AURORA -- Former U.S. Interior Secretary Gale Norton is out of public office and out of patience with a local police officer she says won’t pay for a broken window caused by his golf ball.

Norton wrote a letter earlier this month to city officials in her hometown of Aurora, complaining that Officer Marc Sears refused to pay for a window he broke with an errant golf ball on June 17. She said Sears agreed to pay for the window but never paid the estimated $250, then threatened her with a harassment charge if she contacted him again.

Read more: www.gazette.com...

So you should read the whole story, but that is the jest of it. Another interesting tidbit from the article, is that this cop apparently was arrested twice for drunk driving with the past year, and yet still remains to be a cop.

I think it is unfair that people in high places deserve such great treatment, even when they do not deserve it. If it had been the other way around, I am sure the cop would have booked her and charged her with assault or something. When will we all take responsibility and stop pretending cops are better than everyone else? This Gale Norton Lady has been far too nice, IMO. I get that it isn't a huge deal, but if anytime has come to make it one, it would be now. It is sickening that the people enforcing the laws don't mind breaking them...

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   
So do I have to pay if I drive a golf ball through his face?

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Interesting. However, I guess I know a lot of jerks who aren't cops. Should we really adhere to old ways of thinking? Such as
"The police are here to help you." or "If you are in danger, call the police." In MY town, the victim is usually profiled as the "perp" before they get out of the car.

We're far too old to believe that a person's occupation represents his or her level of care and compassion. We now live in a time where the cops we were told would help us now profile and misjudge us. Our kids are taught this crap in schools. They too will find out the truth later that not all cops are honorable.

new topics

join