It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

After Ron Paul.....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   
So as I was reading though some of the threads I got a thought in my head.

What will happen after Ron Paul. I mean If he does manage to get elected, and take his four or eight year term.
What will be next, he won't be able to run again, so where will all the hopes and dreams turn to.

In all seriousness, if he only gets a four year term, then most likely everything he does will be undone, just like Obama. Most of the republicans say the first thing they will do is undo everything Obama did.

So after Ron Paul what is stopping the next POTUS from changing everything back.

Even, saying he gets his eight years in, then what.

I mean everything won't magically be better.
I am not dissing him, it is just reality. I think he is a good man, with good intentions.
If the POTUS after him is something less than that, he may just overturn all he has done.

Where will the people turn to? I mean Ron Paul has been around for a long time, there is no one else like him.

Who will everyone support after....

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
That's a danged good question. I always knew that a 4 year term is not enough to fix the goof ups of the last 8 presidents in term and yes, they would revert all he did which i almost think would be WORSE for us as a whole. Say Paul (and I'm 1111100000% pro Paul) does get his 4 or 8 years. We will benefit in many ways (just go along with it). Then he's out and New Guy comes in and makes it ten times worse than what it is right now, 11/20/11.

Would it be worse to have that happen or to just keep things going how they are now, a steady decline. Maybe it's easier to get used to crap if it's just a constant slide down in to it vs be in crap now, have joy and great stuff for 8 years and then slam dunk into worse crap.

A tough thing indeed.
Because I'm realistic. Nothing is going to get better. This is how it is. This today right now is the best it's going to be. Tomorrow will be worse but will be the best it will be at that point.

Sometimes I get scared to agree with this but I really sometimes think that a MELE (mass extinction level event) would be the only thing to fix all of this crap. I do feel bad for my kids' kids. Poor devils.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by KingAtlas

Well IMO, there is much that can be done socially in eight years that can supersede whatever happens politically. If the goal is met, then think of all the people on this country that will actually become educated? I believe that if he is elected (when, that is), the least he will do is open people's eyes to what a country can be. Obama never did that... he says hope. Hope can only get you so far... I hoped for a different president and look what happened?
What if... I say this hesitantly... what if he actually DOES make a difference and people won't want his politics to be undone?

I guess this is the only point in politics where I do have HOPE... and it wasn't thrown into my face, I just seemed to stumble upon it on my own.

Vote Ron Paul.
edit on 20-11-2011 by PhysicsAdept because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by KingAtlas

What, you think that the next POTUS will be able to implement a new version of the Federal Reserve, or restation all of our troops overseas? Nah, that will take another century of people being so complacent that they allow their government to destroy everything that they worked for. There is too much awareness as it is, and if Dr. Paul gets elected, that will only increase. It will take quite a while for the "tree of liberty" to need to be refreshed "by the blood of patriots and tyrants" once again.

edit on 20-11-2011 by Q:1984A:1776 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   
If RP can follow through with his plans and obviously get 2 terms, what would people do if the next guy tries to take that away?? Once the people get that taste of freedom there is no way they will be willing to give that up and that is when the real revolution would begin, that's just my opinion though.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   
I agree with PhysicsAdept in that the people would become educated, thus ensuring FREEDOM continues, ensuring the Constitution again becomes the law of the land, is respected and is followed.

In addition, do not forget that there are millions of Patriots in this country--ready, willing and able to pick up the torch after Paul's departure...

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
The answer to your question is actually easily answered.

What happens after Ron Paul if he were to get elected would be entirely up to a Nation of voters. It would be their responsibility to ask questions and distinguish which candidates are for real and which are status quo. Which Candidates would actually care about the people, and who would sell us out to special interest.

WHat would happen is not much different form what we are doing now. It is the responsibility of voters to do their homework and elect the right people. It is no different than any other time, the real question is would people again become apathetic or will they remain vigilant in their own duties?

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Q:1984A:1776

Well I don't know it wouldn't be that hard to creat another Federal Reserve, you would just have to nationalise a decently large bank, and they would have most of the infrastructure in place to amke a move to returning it.

As for the troops, there is already permanent bases being set up, Australia is a good example. The troops will never really all come home.

I mean all that it would take would be another 9/11 scale event and everyone would be running around again.
The majority of the populace would be in support of whatever the POTUS told them.

Although in all seriousness, you no longer need an event, just enough of the populace to believe whatever reason that is given on the news.

*add* well at least you guys are optimistic haha
edit on 20-11-2011 by KingAtlas because: ADD

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Okay I have to say this, because I know alot of people have been saying that everyone will be smarter about who they choose as president if they get a good one.

I don't want to destroy this, I hope it is true, but factually there is some precidence of this being false.

JFK was elected as the 35th president of the USA, he was widely viewed as the best president america has ever had. After his assasination, Richard Milhouse Nixon was elected as the 36th president.

The thing is since everyone says Kennedy was such a good president, why do they vote in some of the people with this example.

The real problem is that whod o you have to choose from, which is one of my points.
If you have to choose between a field of corrupted individuals, how do you choose the smartest choice.

Also would america rally behind a independant for POTUS? It seems unlikely, even if he was the best choice.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Also one more thing to consider, Ron Paul isn't a young man, what if he Died befor finishing his term....

I mean he could trip down from the podium and die.
edit on 20-11-2011 by KingAtlas because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
We cannot cure the disease with political solutions.. those can only treat the symptoms. To cure the disease, we need to change the social fabric.. He can do that in 4-8 years, but it will be insanely challenging.

A social change, done right, can be self-propagating and can help correct other things.

new topics

top topics

join