It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another day, another example of police brutality?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Another day, another example of police brutality?

Is this how we should police? Is this an over reaction? Or is it an under reaction?

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
*cough* the united states is a police state *cough*

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   

A prosecutor manufactures evidence in order to win a conviction. After the convicted serves 25 years in prison, exculpatory evidence pointing to another perpetrator surfaces. The convicted is released. Should he be able to sue the prosecutor who concocted the false evidence used to convict him?

In Imbler, the Supreme Court determined that a prosecutor who knowingly uses false testimony and withholds exculpatory evidence is immune from damages, even in cases where his misdeeds result in a wrongful conviction. The Court determined that subjecting prosecutors to the possibility of such suits would affect their judgment in determining what cases to bring. In another case involving a falsely convicted man attempting to bring a lawsuit, the Court extended absolute immunity to include district attorneys who poorly supervise their subordinates.

Hrvol and Richter contend that prosecutorial immunity gives government officials the right to coerce witnesses to lie, withhold evidence pointing to a suspect's innocence, and work with police to manufacture false evidence of guilt, then use that evidence to win false convictions that send two men to prison for 25 years. Their motivation for making this argument is obvious; they'd rather not pay for their misconduct. But they're supported in amicus briefs filed by the U.S. Solicitor General, the National District Attorneys Association, and the attorneys general of 27 states and the District of Columbia. Notably, Cook County, Illinois, home to a number of wrongful convictions, also filed its own brief in support of the prosecutors.
Source

So when the prosecutor frames you, for a crime you didn't commit, you can see your rights....

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Dav1d

AHEM excuse me sir, you have a mosquito on you. Here, allow me to take care of it for you. Pay no attention to the yellow color... or the temporary blindness and inability to taste. Ok and choking is normal, bleeding for the eyes is not though fortunately... though it may feel that way.
edit on 20-11-2011 by PhysicsAdept because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Another day, another location...

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Dav1d

This story has been making the rounds. I even heard it mentioned on the radio where I live, thousands of miles away.

The kicker, though, is the explanation they gave for the incident. They said, I kid you not, that the police were surrounded and felt threatened, and were forced to use pepper spray to protect themselves. I wish I was making that up.

The video, clearly, shows that this excuse is 100% BS. The word about these kinds of incidents is spreading, though, and people are definitely getting angry. Dangerous angry.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   

At Saturday's news conference, UC Davis Police Chief Annette Spicuzza said the decision to use pepper spray was made at the scene. "The students had encircled the officers," she said. "They needed to exit. They were looking to leave but were unable to get out."
Source

So the big bad, students had trapped the police, who where attempting to withdraw....

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dav1d
Another day, another location...

oh my god!!!!!!!!!!!

i cant beleive the violenced used against a defencless person in a chair
WHAT were these guys thinking?

judged and found wanting............

there punisment will be to relive there violence foreva but as the victom

kiaza

xploder

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   
the WORLD IS WATCHING
the world is watching

evil cannot stand the light of scrutiny

bring light non violence

piece

xp

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Interesting how you are not as upset when thugs assault the police multiple times a day throughout the country, each and every day.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Already posted here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thanks

**Thread Closed**

for future reference:

We Have A New Search Engine--Please Use It!

new topics

top topics

join