It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP Debate 11/19 --- Ron Paul Highlights

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Been watching the entire debate, located in Des Moines, Iowa; and Ron Paul has been impressive. Consistent and makes powerful points in favor of personal liberty. The others are reminiscent of fabricators and dominionist. =o

I will say, although slightly put off by the dominant Christian theme (because the mood seems to be "no separation of church & state", I was also thoroughly surprised by the amount of speaking time Paul received, especially in comparison to previous debates. So props to the host and forum here for the fair coverage.

Entire debate here.

www.citizenlink.com...
edit on 19-11-2011 by Raelsatu because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Raelsatu

First off, nice job giving Ron Paul more that a couple questions, Frank Luntz. I couldn't help but notice Santorum's smug face while he was talking at points....oh how I hate him lol.

That first question was stupid IMO, and Ron Paul spent way too much time on it. I loved the second question, niec job on that one Mr. Luntz. Ron Pauls explanation about how the Constitution is supposed to restrict the federal government was rock solid.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by TupacShakur

I just got done watching the entire debate. I can't believe how many people in the audience flipped out and cheered when each of those war-mongering bastards talked about their pathetic justifications for war and how they plan on pursuing the war effort in the future. They were almost silent in comparison when Dr. Paul gave his stance on the issue. All of those idiots must actually believe the crap that is fed to them through their idiot boxes (as evidenced by the fact that they cheered Santorum after he said that IED's are manufactured in Iran [that's retarded, they are improvised explosive devises people, how stupid are you?]). Perhaps it is just the fact that this debate was focused around religious values. One of the things that makes me despise Christianity, is that it's adherents have taken the peaceful, loving message of a pretty cool dude, and turned it into a hateful, divisive concept that perpetuates animosity between our nation, and the world. Jesus would be turning over in his grave, if he hadn't risen from the dead

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Q:1984A:1776

Personally I find it terrifying that a leader of the most powerful (and war like) nation on earth would take his morals from a bronze age book of myths about invisible men that live in the sky.

I wonder if "DR" Paul would terminate a pregnancy if Jesus told him to.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   
I have a lot of respect for that man. Even though religion can be looked at with a crooked face, he had some very valid points through out the debate. Solid answers to tough questions. He will 100% get my vote next year!

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by ChristianJihad

he wouldn't.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   
I watched the debate and I really couldn't get past the 5 min mark I just had to turn that dribble off....
I actually went to the site and tried watching it from the beginning, too much for me
edit on 20-11-2011 by jheated5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Practically every major leader on earth since the Bronze Age has taken their morals from some Bronze Age book involving beings that come from the Heavens.

It was those Bronze Age books that inspired Dr. Martin Luther King, Mahatma Gandhi, and the Abolitionist movement.

The places where other inspirations were used, e.g. The Prince, The Age of Reason, Mein Kampf, The Communist Manifesto and The Virtue of Selfishness, etc. havn't worked out well at all.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Haven't watch the debate yet... When I saw Frank Luntz's giant head on the video preview, I closed the page...

He is a joke.

"Despite Luntz not even being a member of AAPOR, in 1997, he was reprimanded by the American Association for Public Opinion Research for refusing to release poll data to support his claimed results "because of client confidentiality". Diane Colasanto, who was president of the AAPOR when it reprimanded Luntz, said
“ It is simply wanting to know, How many people did you question? What were the questions? We understand the need for confidentiality, but once a pollster makes results public, the information needs to be public. People need to be able to evaluate whether it was sound research.[14] ”

In 2000 he was censured by the National Council on Public Polls "for allegedly mischaracterizing on MSNBC the results of focus groups he conducted during the [2000] Republican Convention." In September 2004, MSNBC dropped Luntz from its planned coverage of that year's presidential debate, following a letter from Media Matters that outlined Luntz's GOP ties and questionable polling methodology.[15][16]"

en.wikipedia.org...

I'm willing to bet the audience, if they were silent for Dr. Paul, were from the same groups of people that he chooses for his polling. When I see the man, and his survey groups on Fox I literally become nauseous. Star and Flag for the post (I will try and watch in a bit), but if the audience was silent when Dr. Paul answered, I am willing to bet it's for the same reasons his TV polling bits feel so... staged.

Literally, on one of his last appearances on Fox, he had a Libertarian in the group who said he supported Romney. Seriously....

I don't believe in the existence of hell, but if it does exist I truly hope there's a room for Luntz and his polling groups.

edit on 20-11-2011 by squidboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by squidboy

I didn't know who Luntz prior to watching this debate. I understand you may not like the guy, but you hope there's a place in hell for him??
That's a little harsh; I wouldn't wish hell upon any except the most ruthless sadistic of individuals, and even then it wouldn't be for an eternity. Eternity+hell=worst possible scenario.

Anyway, if you're put off by fundamentalist Christian rhetoric, you may not enjoy watching the entire debate. In which case you can just check out the Ron Paul highlights. ;]

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   
I really want Ron Paul as president and love everything he says and stands for. My only reservation is he is running under the Republican banner. At this time do not feel I can vote for either party. So I would like him to get as much coverage as possible during this debate, but not get the nomination. And hopefully then he will switch to third party and he will then become a viable candidate for many. As there are MANY who will not vote Republican but will feel fine voting for a third party.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raelsatu
reply to post by squidboy

I didn't know who Luntz prior to watching this debate. I understand you may not like the guy, but you hope there's a place in hell for him??
That's a little harsh; I wouldn't wish hell upon any except the most ruthless sadistic of individuals, and even then it wouldn't be for an eternity. Eternity+hell=worst possible scenario.

Anyway, if you're put off by fundamentalist Christian rhetoric, you may not enjoy watching the entire debate. In which case you can just check out the Ron Paul highlights. ;]

Well, consider this. If the man's practice of pushing false polls in anyway continues society to remain ignorant and corrupt, then yes. If his little segments and polls cause millions of people to support further war, further death, further corruption, then it's on his hands (since he profits from it) as much as rest. If Dante's vision of hell told me anything, then yes Luntz would have a place there.

I guess it's a tad bit strong, but the man infuriates me. The use of pseudo scientific date to sway audience thinking, is where it get's devious. It's rather diabolical. If you ever watch any of his segments, you would see that something was amiss as well.

I'm not put off by Christian Rhetoric (raised (and confirmed) Catholic, still believe in Christ and God, but I lead a more spiritual life rather then follow the Pope).
edit on 20-11-2011 by squidboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by letscit
I really want Ron Paul as president and love everything he says and stands for. My only reservation is he is running under the Republican banner. At this time do not feel I can vote for either party. So I would like him to get as much coverage as possible during this debate, but not get the nomination. And hopefully then he will switch to third party and he will then become a viable candidate for many. As there are MANY who will not vote Republican but will feel fine voting for a third party.

Chances are, if he doesn't get the Republican Nomination, he will run third party. He needs to remain Republican now, to still receive air time (if he ran third party now, he would give up Debate Time, and all media coverage).

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by davereality

Yes, even in light of the religious aspect, he seems to be the only intellectually honest one there. Listening to the others churn out theocratic talking points about how 'Christian' morals need to be enforced via government, is rather uncomfortable. Although I do believe late-term abortions are absolutely grotesque and should be banned, with specific exceptions.

Unlike the others, Paul knows, & speaks that individual liberty presides over the collective. Nothing is more sacred than the individuals' sovereignty of their own body and mind. And this is the reason I support him. He values life, including those foreign lives that are being destroyed courtesy of the American military industrial complex.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by squidboy

I'm not put off by Christian Rhetoric (raised (and confirmed) Catholic, still believe in Christ and God, but I lead a more spiritual life rather then follow the Pope).

Well that's good at-least; I don't have good things to say about the pope or the Vatican.
The key is to realize you can be spiritual without adhering to any dogmatic aspect.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

It also inspired the crusades, jihad-dudes, bloodsacrifice and multiple revolutionwars just to mention a few bad bad issues.

More than 800.000.000 people was supposedly killed in the name of religions. In comparison "only" 209 million was killed in the name of communism and roughly 60 million in WW2 (give or take a few). link

Sorry but large parts of this debate was very annoying simply because of the religious theme. Only good thing about it was the timeframe, where each candidate got the needed time to deliver hes best answers.

Religion and poletics do not go well together and never will. The answers to the question after the brake (1h44m into the debate) about "significant stories from the candidates life that had a influence on their religious beliefs", is more like a parody than a debate. Those answers is full of lies and fake crocodiletears, Herman Cain could be concidered the worst acter in history after that performance and the other candidates didn't look well either. Only Paul and Santorums answers seamed genuine on this question. (If you want to see some of the debates they are all collected on this site).

edit on 20-11-2011 by Mimir because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by eLPresidente

he wouldn't.

Then he obviously doesn't believe the BS and is as hypocritical and dishonest as any other xtian pushing the idea of the imaginary man. After all if it were true who the hell would need a doctor anyhow the power of the jesus juju should suffice to sort our any medical ailments.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Mimir

Where in the world did the author of that blog get 800 million?

It didn't come from here: users.erols.com... The list provided there and its updated site: necrometrics.com... doesn't come anywhere close to that number and the site does not promote that number anywhere.

The 20 worst wars and atrocities in all of human history only equal around 400 million, thats including both world wars, the Mongol conquests, the Taipeng rebellion, Timurlane's conquest, the Atlantic slave trade, the conquest of the New World, and numerous other high casualty events in China. It should be noted that the Levantine Crusades do not make the top 20.

Even if you managed to add up the death toll of every war and atrocity in human history, I would bet it would still fall short of 800 million. Once past that top twenty there are very few events that break past the 1 million mark: all of the various Crusades/Inquisitions/Witchhunts against Muslims, Jews, Gnostics, and Norse combined total around 13-20 million taking place over centuries, the Roman-Jewish Wars over 1 million dead, and the Gallic War over 1 million dead. Past those conflicts the numbers drop to the hundreds of thousands and lower, the combined Punic Wars probably being the closest to 1 million. The total might top out at over 500 million for all human casualties due to violence in warfare or atrocity.

Based on that, the Communists and the Fascists are still the prime murderers of the human species, though their record will likely be broken between sometime in the near future and the next century by technocrats and plutocrats, again more people inspired by utilitarian ethics and ubermensch morality.

edit on 20/11/11 by MikeboydUS because: .

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Let's see, what does Dr Pauls' magic mentor have to say to the potentially most powerful human on earth -

But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me.

Yes indeed Dr Paul "let the churches decide" what's best for people just like the good old days of the witch hunts and inquisitions .

Not being a US citizen my interest in US politics has not been great but I initially found Ron Paul a pleasing man who seemed genuine and honest, until he started ranting on about the invisible man that lives in the sky that is .
Now who the hell in their mind would elect a leader that believes the dead rose from their graves and went walkabout or that the sun orbits the earth?

We can certainly see why Paul has no interest in health care if he believes sickness is caused by demons, perhaps his long term plan is to turn hospitals into churches and have doctors retrain as exorcists.

Is this how President Ron Paul would end the gay marriage discussion and empty the pediatrics wards - ?

Needless to say RP will have no use for health insurance,pensions,mortgagees with jesus well overdue to bring his magic sword and do his smiting.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Even if the numbers is off, dont you think millions of murders is enough?

I'd prefere freedom, take my own actions based on sound decisions any day compared too submitting myself to some superstitious belief that want's to preach middleage ethics and morale.

I dont think religion's is evil as such, but they are build on deception and lies and has killed millions of people, I think that is enough.

I would say one murder is one to much...but what do I know I'm just an atheist.

edit on 20-11-2011 by Mimir because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join