It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Up To The Minute Thread To Post Your Chem/Contrail Sightings.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by TheBassistant

Sorry, those are perfectly normal, some are dissipating contrails, and they are joined by very normal-looking (and naturally forming) cirrus clouds!!

....and the trails have started dissipating into strange slashed, jagged formations, with the surrounding clouds also appearing somewhat strange in color and shape

Look absolutely normal to me. IN fact, in the first photo, by observing the irregularity of the couple of contrails, it looks like those people on the airplanes were getting a rough ride. The air currents, and wind patterns up there were chaotic....this accounts for the appearances of the contrails, and subsequently as the cirrus clouds developed.

Here's a view directly across the street from the plaza, some of the trails now dissolving into this all too familiar 'veil' formation.

Cirrus clouds have done that for billions of years. Some have dubbed them "mares' tails"....you might get some information by reading through this:

Mares' Tails and Mackerel Skies

(Mariners have known about the clouds, and the skies, for thousands of years. Aviators also learn many of the same knowledge and science).

Here are some IMAGES from Google.....there are some plants included there, too.....coincidence in the names.

Here, I typed "mares tails cirrus", and the plants are excluded:

Google Images

Finally, maybe 15 minutes after I witnessed the trails, the all-encompassing 'chem-blanket' was formed, and proceeded to blot out the sun.

They are called "clouds". Not a 'chem-blanket'. (Unless you wish to refer to water as a "chemical"? Because, that is what they are. UP at cirrus altitudes, the are water ice crystals, very tiny).

Keep in mind this was at 3:00 PM on a perfectly cloudless, sunny day.

Yeah....that is called "weather". You see, one day it will be cloudless, and then eventually it will cloud up. Otherwise, it would be awfully boring, every day, the same.........

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBassistant
These pictures are from a few days ago (11/25), just got around to getting them resized/reformatted to put in this thread. The following 5 pictures were taken with my cell phone, and were all taken on the same street/nearby shopping center within a timeframe of 15-20 minutes at most. Walking outside my apartment complex to go grab a bite to eat with the missus, I first notice the trails: Finally, maybe 15 minutes after I witnessed the trails, the all-encompassing 'chem-blanket' was formed, and proceeded to blot out the sun. Keep in mind this was at 3:00 PM on a perfectly cloudless, sunny day. Just to add, as I found it disturbing and interesting, the sun never came back out the rest of the day. It got pitch black around 4:30 or so and stayed that way.

The whole post you just made is CONTRADICTED BY YOUR FIRST PHOTO!!! It was OBVIOUSLY NOT a PERFECTLY CLOUDLESS, SUNNY DAY...Not to mention going "pitch dark and stayed that way." Did you expect the Sun to make some curtain call that day for good measure?

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by jeichelberg

The whole post you just made is CONTRADICTED BY YOUR FIRST PHOTO!!! It was OBVIOUSLY NOT a PERFECTLY CLOUDLESS, SUNNY DAY

Though I'm sure using a high percentage of caps made you feel like you'd beaten me soundly, that's just not true. I should have specified, it was perfectly cloudless and sunny all day previous to the sighting.

Not to mention going "pitch dark and stayed that way." Did you expect the Sun to make some curtain call that day for good measure?

I was assuming the overwhelming darkness to be the result of the Sun being blanketed over, and for it to pass, but it was as if night-time came and stayed at 4:30 that day, which is highly unusual.
edit on 28-11-2011 by TheBassistant because: .

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   

I appreciate your response...and thank you for clarifying the facts of the matter...Do not know where you are located, but sunset is at 4:20 p.m. here in the Midwest USA...

For Las Vegas, NV, on 11/25/11 it was at 4:28 pm...

as a matter of fact, anywhere in the country it was at or near, 4:30 pm...this time would be impacted if you live anywhere near mountains...

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   

It's funny isn't it? People act as if you don't know what darkness coming too early would look like. All I can suggest is keep your eyes open and wits alert. thx for your contributions.

I have noticed that the vapor out of the jets seems to favor the sun. Almost as if it follows the sun.. Sounds strange maybe but it seems to.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by CherubBaby

I have noticed that the vapor out of the jets seems to favor the sun. Almost as if it follows the sun.. Sounds strange maybe but it seems to.

What do you mean, "favor the sun" ?
Why would they "follow the sun" ?....and how ?

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by EyeDontKnow

It's hard to explain without showing you a picture. It's like an optical illusion . The same dissipated exhaust/contrail catches the light of the sun when your looking at an area close to the sun and it henders your view of the sun. Yet the same contail mist if you will, is almost invisible when you look at an area of the sky that the sun is not directly in.

I will get a few pics soon and show you.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Dec 10th 2011 Las vegas Nevada at noon
It was clear all night and all day on the 9th and the 8th. It was freezing and today was the warmest day in several and here we are below.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by CherubBaby

You keep showing the fact that the skies change.

It was freezing and today was the warmest day in several and here we are below.

"freezing"?? It was "cold" here in LA during the week too....down to near 50° F. Hardly "freezing", though.

But, in the high desert of Las Vegas?

Here are just the temperatures for December 7th:

www.weather.com...

The range of 50° F is hardly "freezing' in that sense. But again (why does this need to be repeated?) the sky conditions at altitude have absolutely no bearing on the temperatures at the surface.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ProudBird

You are funnier than a stand up comedian. Freezing yes very cold , colder than all month long, Colder than last month. COLD in the 30's at night in Vegas. Its on the way to Lake Meade

The point is it was in the 30's last night and the night before . No trails. None . Ziltch. The high today 57 about the same yesterday. I ride a motorcycle, I Pay attention to the temp etc for that reason. So don't tell me by some miracle in the warmest part of the day , today, ,, that the upper atmosphere is colder than it was in the middle of the night when it was in the 30's, the past 2 nights ..

Your one of the curious few I have had the Pleasure
of conversing with thinks they know more about what is going on around me better than I do. Quit embaressing yourself.
edit on 10-12-2011 by CherubBaby because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   

So don't tell me by some miracle in the warmest part of the day , today, ,, that the upper atmosphere is colder than it was in the middle of the night when it was in the 30's, the past 2 nights ..

Take a look at this... it is called temperature inversion...

Under certain conditions, the normal vertical temperature gradient is inverted such that the air is colder near the surface of the Earth. This can occur when, for example, a warmer, less dense air mass moves over a cooler, denser air mass.

en.wikipedia.org...

What are temperature inversions? On most days, the temperature of air in the atmosphere is cooler the higher up in altitude you go. This is because most of the suns energy is converted to sensible heat at the ground, which in turn warms the air at the surface. The warm air rises in the atmosphere, where it expands and cools. Sometimes, however, the temperature of air actually increases with height. The situation of having warm air on top of cooler air is referred to as a temperature inversion, because the temperature profile of the atmosphere is "inverted" from its usual state.

www.wrh.noaa.gov...

So it can indeed be warmer in the upper atmosphere than it is on the ground below...

The point is, nobody needs to tell you what the temperature is at any given moment in time...Take the time and look up the temperature yourself...

oai.dtic.mil...

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   

I dont need to look it up. I am not the one coming after you. I dont care what you think the temperature is was or will be. I know It wasn't warmer at 30,000 feet when it was in the 30's two night in a row on the ground.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   

The point is it was in the 30's last night and the night before . No trails. None . Ziltch. The high today 57 about the same yesterday. I ride a motorcycle, I Pay attention to the temp etc for that reason. So don't tell me by some miracle in the warmest part of the day , today, ,, that the upper atmosphere is colder than it was in the middle of the night when it was in the 30's, the past 2 nights ..

I don't give a FLYING FIG what the temperatures were down on the ground, and where you drive your motorcycle.....how difficult is this to understand??

None of that matters!!

The temps on the surface have nothing, nothing, nothing, NOTHING to do with the temps at altitude, and have nothing, nothing, NOTHING to do with contrails at altitude!!!

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ProudBird

Sop what do you claim was the temperature at 30,000 ft for the past 3 days 24 hours a day? You know the answer, right? What was the temp for the past 72 hours at 30,000 ft?

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   

I dont need to look it up. I am not the one coming after you. I dont care what you think the temperature is was or will be. I know It wasn't warmer at 30,000 feet when it was in the 30's two night in a row on the ground.

The point is, how do you know this? Were you at 30,000 feet? How do you know?

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   

You are focussing too much on the temperature. It's ALWAYS cold enough at some altitudes where planes are flying. It does not matter if it's 0F or 110F on the round. The question is if the humidity with respect to ice is above 100% at any of those altitudes.
edit on 11-12-2011 by Uncinus because: s

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Uncinus

No what I am focusing on is the fact that you come into a thread and focus on not posting a single picture in a thread that is even titled in a way to help you understand the topic of the thread. But your focus isnt to stay on topic, is it? The disregard and disrepect you display in a threa that you have rarely if ever posted on topic in is a joke to behold .and you know better.

You are supposedly a pilot of 40 years and you can't read a thread title??
Then if you can read it, you are simply saying your gonna do whatever you please and the rules dont apply to you. Probably the latter and that fits because you have to be right all the time and everytime. The shame of it all. You are not always right and you never will be.

I AM right about that.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   

You are supposedly a pilot of 40 years and you can't read a thread title??

I'm not sure what the connection is there, but I'd just like to note I've not been a pilot for 40 years. I only started flying in 2004. Perhaps you are confusing me with someone else.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Uncinus

My apologies. Your right . I meant the post for proud bird. The avitars get me confused at times. I notice he / she didn't respond tho and I know Proud bird reads everyones posts. He/she loves to answer for others when they are offline. So PROUD bird, want to reply to my question in the post above ?

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Well it has been 4 days and no trails in the Vegas skies. Clear for the most part in fact the last 2 days have been crystal blue skies. Pretty to have it clear for a change. Its been very cold too 30's - 41 at night.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join