It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Late 30s, recently divorced...all I can think about is women in early 20s. Creepy or natural?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Well, after an unpleasant ending to a long but tummultous marriage to a women my own age, I find myself cast alone out to sea (where there are plenty of fish) for the first time in many a year. And I discovered something interesting...I'm just not attracted to women my own age. It seems I have eyes only for dewy young things that I technically could have fathered.

I understand this is natural. I also understand its a little creepy.

Or is it? I am decent looking for my age, few wrinkles, not fat, still have all my hair. I am financially secure and can afford to show a woman a nice time. Why shouldn't I go after the young hotties?

Will they laugh at me? Or fear me? Will I be able to handle their high-enery levels and lack of real-world experience? Should I just hang up my spurs and call it a day? Have I become "that guy" ???

edit on 11/19/2011 by FailedProphet because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I don't know bro, but asking for relationship advice on a Conspiracy Website is REALLY creepy.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by redbarron626

Nonsense. This is a great place to ask for advice. The male-female ratio is better than almost any other board I've been to, and people here are both intelligent AND interesing.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by FailedProphet
Well, after an unpleasant ending to a long but tummultous marriage to a women my own age, I find myself cast alone out to sea (where there are plenty of fish) for the first time in many a year. And I discovered something interesting...I'm just not attracted to women my own age. It seems I have eyes only for dewy young things that I technically could have fathered.

I understand this is natural. I also understand its a little creepy.

Or is it? I am decent looking for my age, few wrinkles, not fat, still have all my hair. I am financially secure and can afford to show a woman a nice time. Why shouldn't I go after the young hotties?

Will they laugh at me? Or fear me? Will I be able to handle their high-enery levels and lack of real-world experience Should I just hang up my spurs and call it a day? Have I become "that guy" ???

edit on 11/19/2011 by FailedProphet because: (no reason given)

You have, and go for it....if you can pull it off, good for you, your legal they are legal....and soon you will realize that they are fun but you can't keep up or their immaturity will either be cute or obnoxious.....God speed to you, and whatever you do, keep your banking information to yourself during your trysts

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
There is nothing "creepy" about it, unless you come off as creepy. My father, who is 55, pulls in girls my age (22-26), without any problems. Honestly, I'd bet you're probably better looking than my father as well.

You're in the clear, buddy, don't even worry about it.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by FailedProphet

I say go for it and see what happens.My husband is 19 years
older than me and we have been married for nearly 10 years.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   

It is called nature my friend. I am 23 years old and I can't find a damn chick to just sit around and chit chat about interesting stuff, anyhow, it is not creepy. A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do, it shown that older men like younger women. So scout on! Which is why I am scared of marriage, I feel like its not going to work nowadays, because the divorce rate is more than 50% lol.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I think it's fine..age is just a number..just be careful and practice safe sex...you don't wanna be paying child support when your 70...have fun Cheers Coco

link   
I think you would be weird not to think of them
Seriously though its probably because you are subconciously realizing your youth is gone and you may be craving a younger woman. IMO
edit on 19-11-2011 by AllUrChips because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-11-2011 by AllUrChips because: (no reason given)

link   

Men like Hugh Hefner who are in their 80s still get married.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Awesome, all votes of confidence so far!

Ra! Thanks ATSers.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
the only thing creepy I seen was the words "young and dewy", I know someone who dates only younger women, because he is afraid of older women who can take care of themselves, not to sound mean, I really don't mean to be, but perhaps you want to be in control and feel in charge like a father figure, not in a sick way but subconsciously you feel like you would know more then them and have the need to feel like dominant.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by hapablab

Well I don't know if its as complicated as all that.

I just think they're hot.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Even if people here were trolling trying to kill your confidence, its not worth it man, you would have to have that confidence either way, make it happen and let me know how it turns out! I've become rusty talking to girls since my ex girlfriend dumped me about 9 months ago and also because of the demanding nature of medical school, I have no time. Send me a U2U about how it goes, best of luck my friend!

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Dear FailedProphet,

Sorry, I find it creepy to date someone young enough to be your own child. By the way, I am 52, single for the last four years and won't date anyone under 40 although I have had women as young as 25 hit on me. Other than physical, what does a 22 year old have to offer you? If you had kids with them you would be in your 60s when the kid was still in college. You probably won't like my answer; but, you asked and I answered what I thought.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
You're getting old. Nearly 40, the average 20 year old girl isn't going to want you unless you're rich. Plus a long term relationship isn't going to work with a girl that young regardless of your money. Do you want to die alone?

Real speak..
edit on 11/19/2011 by mnmcandiez because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a 21 year old woman is like a brand new, show room quality 2012 car of the year. some of them have low, low mileage, new transmission, their oil has only been checked a few times and they know their way around a track but let you drive.

and just like a new car, it'll run for a least ten years before you have to replace it.

if you manage to get a 2012, 21 yr old woman, i say take one for a test drive.

edit on 19-11-2011 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Wow, I see a lot of people drinking haterade on this thread. FailedProphet, you better become a PassedProphet over the next few weeks with females, it is normal for men to be older and have kids. It's what makes us MEN. I am with you brudda!

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I was divorced at age 35 and met a young woman age 21 and dated for just over a year.

Perfectly Normal

And it was a blast, really fun girl.

BUT,

You will find that the immaturity level is not well-matched for a serious long term relationship, unless you want to wait years for her to mature.

Let me add this her mother at first had a real problem with us dating, thought I was just “Using” her little girl, but as time past she came to like the influence a person of my stability was able to offer, and when I decided that we should move on, I discussed it with the mother first.

I had grown past what this young woman want to experience, you know “Been There, Done That”. We parted friends with no hard feelings, we just were wanting different things out of life. That is the problem with a large difference in age.

edit on 19-11-2011 by brokedown because: spelling correction

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by mnmcandiez

40 is the new 20, stop hating on the guy.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join