It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conquering Sleep Paralysis and Night Terrors

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I get this thing, a phenomena called sleep paralysis. It usually comes when I'm stressed out and is also usually accompanied with some sort of fear factor, like somebody is in the room or something.

The other night, at around 2:30 am, I had a dream that I had gotten out of bed to get a glass of water and when I came back, my bedroom furniture had been rearranged. I looked out the window, I sleep with the window open, wide open mind you, at the head of my bed. I saw 2 youths in hoodies, running away from my house, laughing.

I was furious at the brazen attempt to "gaslight" me and wanted to yell at them. That's when it happened.

I was so furious, and I couldn't move, I was paralized! So, I started to growl and the growl turned into a howl and finally into an other worldly screech! I woke myself up, and probably 4 of my neighbors.

The following morning, I was loading my sewing machine into my car, for my sewing group, and my property manager came up to me ask if I was OK. I was confused but flattered that he was concerned. Then I remembered my "incident!"

I should be embarrassed, but if anyone asks me about the noise, I'm just going to say it was probably some cat Fight!

By the way, I won the fight.......

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Hi, you're sleep paralysis sounds completely mental!

I've had sleep paralysis a few times but it only ever lasts a few seconds up to a minute and I'm always able to pull myself out of it by using focusing and using all my energy. Are you able to do this? Also I kind of shake when I get it...I guess cos I'm trying to move my body?
The first time I got it I kinda panicked and thought I was going to die!

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by HallamFoe

No, I'm not really able to pull myself out, but sometimes I can reason with myself till it passes. The problem is it is usually accompanied by some sort of situation that seems to require a reaction that I am unable to accomplish, thus leaving me feeling victimized. That's why this one was different. I was able to scream, although I woke the neighborhood!
edit on 19-11-2011 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Cat part made me laugh.

I used to get sleep paralysis when I was a teenager it stopped when I moved in with my boyfriend, maybe because I don't sleep alone anymore. When I got them I would try and relax I would force happy thoughts until I "woke up" and could move again.

I have figured out a way to conquer night terror. The scariest thing in the world to me is a zombie apocalypse, and every time I watched the walking dead I would get night terrors. So I stopped watching it for a while and the night terrors stopped. But I didn't think it was fair because I like that show

Anyway, I started watching it again and I had a stupid night terror that night, so I thought to myself: " If zombies exists, well super powers exist and I could melt his brain with my laser vision!!!"

Sounds dumb but the thought would relax me and I was able to go back to sleep.

-Blue

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I should probably say that there have been a series of break-ins in my complex, and that I saw a young man casing my home. I went to the property manager and discribed the guy, just before the break-ins started happening. They have since circulated a picture of a guy they think is responsible, but I told them that's not the same guy that I saw, in their picture, so there must be at least 2 of them, working together.

That would explain the weird dream.

edit on 19-11-2011 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I don't normally have the dreams or night terrors. What's weird about my sleep paralysis though is I sometimes get it when I'm just about to go to sleep, and I know that it's about to happen...damn it's annoying!

top topics

join