It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Christ says about Evolution

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by MrXYZ

We know that for a FACT because there is ZERO geological evidence.

You're either lying or ignorant to the evidence, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

Worldwide Flood Evidence

The link doesn't load. But it doesn't matter, because radiometric dating clearly shows the earth to be 4.54b years with an error margin of +/- 1%. So I don't know how else to say this, but the entire young earth hypothesis is so beyond crazy, it's hard to to take it for anything but the joke it is

You can't seriously buy into that nonsense

I'm actually quite amazed. I mean, you are clearly completely IGNORING facts to preserve your fantasyland. You're not even questioning stuff that's up for debate, your are ignoring hard facts. I will never get how some people can be so brainwashed to the point where they refuse to accept facts...I kinda pity you. Don't mean that as an insult, but given all the links and sources proving your wrong, the very sources you chose to ignore, it's merely stating a fact when I say you're ignoring facts.

I really hope you rejoin reality

edit on 22-11-2011 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Before this thread is over, Christ might have something to say about evolution, and did have much to say I just don't have the time to present it at the moment, but he definitely intuited evolution in particular as it relates to the human condition.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Josephus
if Valtorta were less corrupted by pride, she wouldn't have put words into the mouth of Christ.

You mean like "Matthew", "Mark", "Luke", and "John" did?

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   

reply to post by OneManArmy

Sorry, I've used it 3 times now, it works fine for me.

Ive used it 5 times now and it still doesnt work. Maybe google chrome has a bull# detection mechanism I didnt know about?

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
The link seems to work now.

I spent a good hour on that site, and I don't even know where to begin. The amount of blatantly wrong information is staggering!!

Here's one relevant example regarding dating the earth:

The third assumption is that the sample has remained in a closed system. This is necessary due to outside influences such as heat and groundwater that can seriously alter the original material.

Radioactive decay, the basis of radiometric dating, isn't influenced by outside influences. So "heat" and "groundwater" don't influence it at all. And that's just one of the things they got wrong. The entire site is a bit of a joke.

Or they are amazed by whale skelettons found in deserts...when we can explain that just fine.

It's very much akin to O'Reilly claiming we can't explain the tides (when in reality we can for over 200 years now)

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   

reply to post by MrXYZ

You mean except for every single fossil fitting the theory perfectly?

The only thing the fossil record shows is at one point in time there was a great catastrophe that killed all life on Earth, and rapidly buried billions of animals with tons of sediment.

The fossil record is an enormous blinking sign that says:

Worldwide Flood.

There is nothing that's been found in the fossil record that shows anything more than changes within the species, which no Creationist denies takes place. Most "evidence" claimed by Evolutionists has been shown to be elaborate and poorly designed frauds.

The fossil record does not show a mass extinction event that rapidly buried billions of animals with sediment, it shows a mass extinction event that killed the dinosaurs. Sedimentation is a slow process with layers of different materials that cannot happen suddenly.
Im a believer in a creator of the universe, but I find some of your statements a bit reaching.

Noah's Flood Debunked
Part1
www.youtube.com...

Part2
www.youtube.com...

edit on 22-11-2011 by OneManArmy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   

reply to post by MrXYZ

You mean except for every single fossil fitting the theory perfectly?

The only thing the fossil record shows is at one point in time there was a great catastrophe that killed all life on Earth, and rapidly buried billions of animals with tons of sediment.

The fossil record is an enormous blinking sign that says:

Worldwide Flood.

There is nothing that's been found in the fossil record that shows anything more than changes within the species, which no Creationist denies takes place. Most "evidence" claimed by Evolutionists has been shown to be elaborate and poorly designed frauds.

Do you know how unlikely it is that a dead species will ever become fossilised? It is close to 1 in a billion. And depending on what environment the species body was deposited in there can be no chance at all. The conditions needed for fossilization are very specific. Yet despite all this we have a plethora of transitional and intermediate fossils from all around the world.

Quoting the words of a man who lived 150+ years ago prove nothing. Yet it's something you guys continue to do over and over again. The theory of evolution has progressed so far since Darwin's time. It constantly amazes me how evolution denigraters will use theories and findings long out of date to try and prove themselves right.

Evolution is not the introduction of new genetic information but the changing of the information which is already present. Just like adaption. Evolution is adaption.

Now how do I know all this? I am a Geologist, and I worked in a museum cataloging fossils for years. I also did my honors thesis on an intermediate species of fossilized coral. A transitional species as you might call it....

Better make some lunch before you read this - it's fairly long.

List of transitional fossils - Wikipedia

You're either lying or ignorant to the evidence, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

Worldwide Flood Evidence

Now this article is completely riddled with inconsistencies. But for everyone’s benefit I’ll go through each of them one by one.

Polystrate Fossils

Geological strata can take millions of years to form just a few inches, or a few minutes to form several feet. Each different layer indicates a change in the depositional environment or change in the environment the sediments come from

Trees can often take 100’s of years to decompose – many of the tree trunks that Romans used to create Venice are still intact after 1000+ years.

These trees have been deposited some where and different strata has been deposited around them. Each layer usually represents a seasonal change e.g winter to summer. Then slowly they would have fossilized.

Clastic Dykes

Form when water wells up sediments into layers which are still soft. As the article points out it can take millions of year for sediments to turn to rock – not sure how this proves a flood or a young Earth.

Often layered rock can weather and turn back into soil as well.

Canyons

Yes They can be formed very quickly given enough water.

Observations a an Australian Beach

??? Cannot see how this is evidence for a flood. The dredging would have taken place during the day.Across the night the heavy material would have deposited first, then at night it would have settled, with the heavier darker material deposited first. Then this would have been repeated as dredging started up the next day

Spontaneous Sorting of Layers

Yes this happens

Turbidity Currents

Yes this also happens. Always underwater. The Grand Canyon was mainly formed underwater. Like I mentioned some sediments can be built up very fast, other take a long time. The Grand Canyon was very much influenced by advancing and retreating ocean shorelines as sea levels rose and fell

Extensive Strata and Pancake Layering

Almost all rock layers are layed down flat. Usually in water. And usually in environments known as ‘shallow ocean basins’ which are the shallow parts of the ocean surrounding continents. These can often be very extensive reaching many 100’s of miles out to see.

Fossil Whales & shells on mountain tops The Earth undergoes sink and uplift episodes all the time due to plate tectonics. Ground that was once under the ocean can very easily become mountains.

This is because most mountain ranges are formed when to continental plates crash into each other, which is always one shoreline crashing into another. These are then uplifted.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Frozen Mammoths

Mammoths lived in snow. Snow is cold and freezes things.

Fissures In The Rocks

Animals do get buried by landslides etc quite often

Erratic Boulders

Mainly glacial deposits. Glaciers can and do move very big things.

Was the Flood Local or Worldwide

Ocean chemistry can change very easily depending on the input from surrounding land. The article says this was glacial. A world wide flood would change salinity levels by much more than 10%. How does the findings of sediments in one location prove anything was worldwide?

The Black Sea Speaks

Quote from article: Science... has found evidence for a massive deluge that may ... have inspired Noah's tale.

There have been and continue to be very big floods in localised areas

Miracle or Worldwide Flood?

Even though they’re very outdated, these quotes argue against a worldwide flood

Worldwide Chaos and Out of Order Fossils

These quotes are cherry picked and do not prove anything unless the wider context i.e. the entire article is viewed. And when the entire article is viewed they do not support either a young Earth or worldwide flood.

This is a very deceitful way to try and prove one’s point

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Frozen Mammoths

Mammoths lived in snow. Snow is cold and freezes things.

Blasphemy!!! It was aliens (or god...you pick) who froze those evil mammoths because they wouldn't mine for gold!!

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Good read:

Icons of Evolution

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by mikesk8s247

He doesn't say anything about it because Darwin discovered it...

You Fool

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Good read:

Icons of Evolution

So are you going to completely ignore the fact that people have debunked your claims 100%?

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   

This is a clip of Noah's Ark which was found in Turkey, in Mount Ararat where it is supposed to be. The ship was found and it was made of Gopher wood. I thought the government of Turkey weren't allowing excavations up there.

news.nationalgeographic.com...

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikesk8s247

This is a clip of Noah's Ark which was found in Turkey, in Mount Ararat where it is supposed to be. The ship was found and it was made of Gopher wood. I thought the government of Turkey weren't allowing excavations up there.

This is comedy gold

So they claim that wood is proof of the arch, and that it was dated as being 4,800 years old and that this is somehow proof everyone who wasn't on that arch was wiped out. Which is hilarious given that we know of dozens of cultures living around surviving that time just fine. And the wood they found doesn't even look like part of a ship, it's just a wooden structure

Love the tagline though:

The expedition team is "99.9 percent" sure. Others, well, aren't.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   

SMH. Seriously man this is old news, and quite frankly a load of crap that proves nothing.

"The structure is partitioned into different spaces," said Noah's Ark Ministries International team member Man-fai Yuen in a statement. "We believe that the wooden structure we entered is the same structure recorded in historical accounts. ... "

They dont have an agenda much. Its just as bad as scientists that distort data to keep their field of science(livelyhood) alive. Sigh.
edit on 23-11-2011 by OneManArmy because: highlight text

edit on 23-11-2011 by OneManArmy because: clarify quoted text

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   

I'd expect to see similarities since everything had a common designer.

Maybe if he was human. You're talking about a being who has all power. What you're saying is that he couldn't make all creatures unique with completely different types of dna, so that there's NO DOUBT that we didn't evolve? That would blow evolution out of the water. Matter of fact, if he is all knowing, he would know that in the future people would think that everything had evolved from common ancestors because of the evidence of similarities in DNA, so why not make everything with completely different DNA to shut that idea down?

If there wasn't a Bible with its ancient writings and "words of god", more people would see that the diversity of life on this planet is due to evolution. They would see that the earth is very old. Instead, people believe the earth is 6000 years old or so, so they try to make things fit in their view to prove their beliefs correct. Same with evolution, etc.
edit on 23-11-2011 by Hydroman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   

you people are so afraid to believe, what does any of this matter to you? why post?

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   

you people are so afraid to believe, what does any of this matter to you? why post?

Im not afraid to believe, I believe in God, I believe the universe was created, I dont believe the bible is a literal representation of the creation process. I believe the purpose of life is spiritual evolution, so dont get me wrong.
I just think like the catchphrase of this site.."Deny Ignorance"
I think its ignorant to still believe in ideas that have been disproven totally. The only thing Im scared of, is that in this day and age people can still be so easily taken in by crap or false prophets. Be it science or religion. Both have agendas, my agenda is to educate and destroy ignorance and promote intelligent discourse in the hopes the people will become smarter, so this type of manipulation of them is no longer possible.
I promote education, real education, not the limited type you get in schools, I promote open minds and critical thought, in the hope mankind will become better for it, and start to accept one another without trying to dominate one another or fight each other over such simple things as difference of opinion.
Im for the advancement of humanity from these dark ages will still live in. Thats why I post.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   

The voice of reason!

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Really???

I do believe there is something more out there in this universe than what present day science has so far managed to prove. I do believe Jesus existed and for his time he was a very, very inspired man.

What I don't believe is that the Bible is an infallible account of everything that has ever happened. What I don't believe is tat the Bible should be taken literally. What I don't believe is the words of a woman who is more or less unknown who herself used methods which are themselves condemned in the Bible to 'channel' Jesus.

And neither do you or else you'd be living according to OT rules which includes no pig or shellfish, no cutting of beards, no touching women on their rags or anything else mentioned in Leviticus. Yet like the scientific quotes you use to try and disprove evolution, you also cherry pick the parts of the Bible you wish to follow. A Bible which itself was written by infallible men. In fact the only part of the Bible that was actually written by God himself was the 10 commandments. The rest has been written by men who lived in a very different world to which we do now. All Jesus actually said was to follow the 10 commandments and love thy neighbor as you love thyself. The rest either you have made up or selectively chosen to follow.

We don't know what initiated the big bang. We don't know exactly how life began (although we are getting closer, and it can be proved mathematically to have quite easily have happened by chance). But what we do know is that everything post big bang has unfolded using regular scientific processes.

Yes there are gaps in our knowledge base but just because we do not yet know how something happened, does not mean the rest of the scientific method falls apart. And by simply saying "goddidit" does not do anyone including yourselves any favors. Science has created the world you live in today. You're quite happy to accept the science that went into making your laptop or your iphone. The science that now allows all sorts of medical breakthroughs that lets you to live at least twice as long as you would have if you'd lived in biblical times. Why on earth do you think that there is some insane conspiracy surrounding the science that studies how life and the Earth got to the point it is at today.

If you wanted to say God initiated the big bang, or was the catalyst for abiogenesis you would be well within your rights. For we do not know. But sooner or later you're gonna have to stop attacking Darwin who lived 150+ years ago and of course made some errors, stop cherry picking quotes from science journals written 60 years ago, and accept that the Bible cannot be taken literally.

Why not put your efforts into making the world a better place instead. At least you know Jesus would approve. For he would definitely not approve of you guys spreading lies and mistruths to further some agenda that in the end doesn't really matter at all.

edit on 23/11/2011 by 1littlewolf because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join