It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Christ says about Evolution

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by sapien82
reply to post by NOTurTypical

it's also ludicrous that Jesus is speaking through a person in the 21st century to try and clear up the evolution / creationism debate and put it in its proper place for those christians who may not understand it properly and
who fear their faith is faltering because they think evolution maybe right !

I don't think that message in the OP is from Jesus.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Originally posted by MrXYZ

Originally posted by Hydroman
Someone needs to explain to Jesus the theory of evolution. It doesn't say we came from monkeys. It says we share a common ancestor.

Which is just as ludicrous.

2nd

Only if you completely ignore all the objective evidence and the fact that we're actively applying the theory in modern medicine....only if you ignore all those facts, you'd claim it to be ludicrous. That and religious brainwashing of course

What facts are you speaking of? After 150 years of looking for a common ancestor one has yet to be found. And let's not even get into the impossibility of life creating itself out of non-life. Louis Pasteur proved this was bunk a long time ago. I went to government school, I grew up indoctrinated to Evolution, and rejected it based upon the lack of evidence.

edit on 21-11-2011 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

I think you have some research to do...your data is outdated by over 100 years

The problem is, facts and objective evidence back up science...whereas religion has ZERO objective evidence.

Fossil record fully backs up the theory

What missing link???

UC Berkeley also found out what nonsense the "missing link" is.

And more proof...

Using the missing link argument is beyond nonsense.

And even more proof...

So now that you have scientific proof that your "missing link argument" is simply nonsense, and that the theory is fully backed up by the fossil record...let's move on...

DNA and genetics confirm the theory too.

Yup, you read correctly…DNA and genetics confirm the theory.

And anotherone...

We are actively using the theory in modern medicine…and it works accurately!!

Cliff notes: The entire "missing link" argument is nonsense, and DNA/genetics, migratory trends, as well as the practical application of the theory in modern medicine fully support the theory.

On a side note, creationism has ZERO logic behind it if you assume the universe was made just for us...at best, it's a MASSIVE failure

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

Garbage.

For You.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   

reply to post by MrXYZ

Garbage.

For You.

As I said, your data is incredibly outdated...take the first video for example. The guy quoted (Dr Fleischmann) died in 1942, that's way way way way waaaaaay before DNA technology confirmed the theory. And back then they didn't use the theory as much in modern medicine as we are today.

The links I posted provide recent, up-to-date information...have a look

The other video assumes a young earth, which is so beyond ridiculous, you can't really take any of it serious. Please don't tell me you believe in a young earth

edit on 21-11-2011 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by trailertrash

Why is it that during this insane back and forth of extreme views, someone (such as trailertrash) can offer up a lucid, thought provoking, alternative option that quite possibly represents the true nature of the relationship between "God" and "Science" as one? I suggest everyone go back to page 3 and think about what is being said.

Or continue to ignore rational thought and go about it with your miopic views a failure to consider all the evidence on both sides of the argument.
edit on 21-11-2011 by usernameconspiracy because: grammar correction

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Which is just as ludicrous.

2nd
Yet, that's where the evidence points. Francis Collins is a christian who was the head of the Human Genome Project. He says that even if there were no evidence of evolution in the fossil record (which there is), that DNA is enough to show that evolution is real.

Wouldn't you expect to see similarities in DNA in all living things if evolution was true? Well, that is what is seen.

But, do not fret, evolution does not disprove that a god may have started life.

edit on 21-11-2011 by Hydroman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Hydroman

Wouldn't you expect to see similarities in DNA in all living things if evolution was true? Well, that is what is seen.

I'd expect to see similarities since everything had a common designer.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   

So you accept evolution for the sound theory it is?

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   

So you accept evolution for the sound theory it is?

It's not sound, after 150 years of desperate search for the common ancestor we've found nothing. Darwin said he would ultimately be vindicated by the fossil record, and so far the fossil record has slapped Darwin in the face.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

You mean except for every single fossil fitting the theory perfectly? Or apart from the DNA evidence fully backing up the evidence?

Look, you can argue all you want about how life (single celled organisms) first came to be...because scientists don't know. There's no conclusive theory. But when it comes to the theory of evolution, arguing is silly...it's akin to arguing about gravity or the way your aspirin is made

For crying out loud, they are ACTIVELY APPLYING the theory in modern medicine to accurately predict future outcomes and to develop medicine. If the theory were wrong, we wouldn't have many of the medicine we have today.
edit on 21-11-2011 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

You mean except for every single fossil fitting the theory perfectly?

The only thing the fossil record shows is at one point in time there was a great catastrophe that killed all life on Earth, and rapidly buried billions of animals with tons of sediment.

The fossil record is an enormous blinking sign that says:

Worldwide Flood.

There is nothing that's been found in the fossil record that shows anything more than changes within the species, which no Creationist denies takes place. Most "evidence" claimed by Evolutionists has been shown to be elaborate and poorly designed frauds.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by mikesk8s247

Darwin was not around before Jesus.

So I question your thesis.

Hey, a poem!

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   

reply to post by MrXYZ

The only thing the fossil record shows is at one point in time there was a great catastrophe that killed all life on Earth, and rapidly buried billions of animals with tons of sediment.

Worldwide Flood.

There is nothing that's been found in the fossil record that shows anything more than changes within the species, which no Creationist denies takes place. Most "evidence" claimed by Evolutionists has been shown to be elaborate and poorly designed frauds.

There's no point arguing with him, Mr XYZ, the farce is strong in this one. But for the hell of it, at which point was there this catastrophe that killed all life on earth?

Oh crikey, we've got a live one here!

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by mikesk8s247

Which Jesus said all that?

I'm not weighing in on either side, but how is being descended from a monkey more degrading that being made out of mud?

I'm not religious much, but I don't like to see people put words in someone elses mouth to try and give their own opinion more value

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   

reply to post by MrXYZ

Worldwide Flood.

There were several mass extinction phases throughout evolution, but none were a worldwide flood. We know that for a FACT because there is ZERO geological evidence...and an event of that scale would most definitely leave behind geological evidence.

Local floods...sure, they happen all the time. But to claim a global flood happened is akin to claiming people can survive inside whales

So no, there's ZERO proof for a global food

Also, of course fossils show snap shots, but luckily DNA 100% confirms that you have an ancestor with today's primates. You might not like it, but it's a FACT that you share not only your bone structure, but also the majority of DNA with those ancestors (homo heidelbergenesis and futher back...).

In short: Sorry, but you're simply wrong when it comes to facts.

And even worse, you flat out lie:

Most "evidence" claimed by Evolutionists has been shown to be elaborate and poorly designed frauds.

Not sure if you lie on purpose to preserve your fantasy world, but the above is 100% a lie in case you didn't know

edit on 22-11-2011 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Most "evidence" claimed by Evolutionists has been shown to be elaborate and poorly designed frauds.

Not sure if you lie on purpose to preserve your fantasy world, but the above is 100% a lie in case you didn't know

edit on 22-11-2011 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

I think what he said was based on transitional forms. With so many transitional forms put forward were proven to be hoaxes created from mixing different fossils together.
Another example is a type of fish that supposedly had fins with bones developed in the front fins which could have been construed as feet, which turns out to be a fish that still lives today, and the so called feet were just fins.

Back on topic though, this whole thread is killed by the fact that Darwin post dates Jesus by over 1800 years, so any idea that Jesus could have any opinion on evolution is just ridiculous, and anyone that uses Jesus to express their own opinions just cant be taken seriously.

edit on 22-11-2011 by OneManArmy because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-11-2011 by OneManArmy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

We know that for a FACT because there is ZERO geological evidence.

You're either lying or ignorant to the evidence, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

Worldwide Flood Evidence

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   

reply to post by MrXYZ

We know that for a FACT because there is ZERO geological evidence.

You're either lying or ignorant to the evidence, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

Worldwide Flood Evidence

That link doesnt work.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by OneManArmy

Sorry, I've used it 3 times now, it works fine for me.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
What difference does it make if mankind evolved from a common ancestor with apes or not? We've been our own species for millions of years and God has still seen fit to make us part of his plans. I consider the idea of evolution humbling and not an insult to my faith.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join