It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Christ says about Evolution

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 04:14 AM
link   
This is laughable and must be high-order trolling. Otherwise I seriously fear for the lives of those in close physical proximity of the OP. If he isn't trolling, he is surely a danger to anyone around him and should be put away in a mental institution.

Anyways, about the words of "jesus". What kind of God is so insecure that he has to write up a message about evolution? And he can't in his omnipotence write it/speak it himself? He always needs a human vessel, huh... All the power in the universe, and he can't manage to do anything without the help of us feeble humans.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by mikesk8s247

I love the writings of Maria Valtorta, I'm reading "The Poem of the Man-God' awesome read ! Thank you posting this :-)

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   

"how could it create itself, by itself"?

Who said that any of these people were fake? You are just bashing the religion and asking off topic questions that have nothing to do with what I have posted. No wonder no one answers you, why would they want to answer someone who rambles hatefully and demands answers to ridiculous questions. They would rather save those who CAN be saved.

You know, your thread title is extremely misleading...
You also sound just like RevelationGeneration.

edit on 21-11-2011 by Tripple_Helix because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Someone needs to explain the theory of Evolution to Jesus better. I mean I don't blame him, he was a poor carpenter, likely illiterate, and lived long before there was a good public education system around to help him out.

I'm sure this has been pointed out ad naseum already but Jesus had nothing to say on the subject of evolution as, aside from a basic Aristotelian version of it no such theory existed in his time.

man from the already created mud, you take the paternity of a beast as your own.

And being a beast is bad because? Also you're setting up a false dichotomy between the Biblical story and evolution here, you're leaving out all the other stories of mankind's creation.

always be a beast?

Yes indeed. Evolution goes against the haughty notion that human beings are cosmically special super-beings deserving of dominion over the Earth. Evolution, in that sense, forces us to humble ourselves, as it shows that we're not magically spawned from some divine being but instead just another link in the chain so-to-speak.

I will no longer combat this degrading theory of yours.

Anyone who has debated with a creationist knows otherwise, facts do not easily overturn deeply held superstition.

how is it that over so many years in which you have maintained this theory you have never succeeded, not even with the perfected instruments and methods at present, in making a man from a monkey?

Jesus Christ you're stupid, but I suppose I can forgive you for that, being a poor Nazarene carpenter and all. Evolution takes place gradually over the course of many generations. This makes observation of Evolution difficult (but not impossible). We've observed species such as fruit flies evolve into different species in labs but the primate reproductive cycle is far too slow to observe monkeys becoming men. Also there is no reason why the environmental pressures and possible mutations would cause modern monkeys to turn into anything human. The question is malformed and based on a profound ignorance of the subject matter.

For you feel no remorse or horror over degrading a man to the level of a beast to maintain a thesis of yours

Animals often act surprisingly human and human beings can sometimes be quite animalistic. Chimpanzees, for instance, actually go to war with other chimps in order to gain territory. In fact chimps actually can fashion crude spears to fight each other. Anyone who has studied wildlife in any capacity knows that altruism and morality are present in animals. Being a beast is not so bad and only those with a derogatory and warped view of other animal species would think the way Jesus is thinking here.

Conclusions:

Maria Valtorta, the person who wrote this poorly written ill conceived mess of nonsense, is obviously not Jesus. She seems woefully ignorant of the subject of evolution and is apparently arrogant enough to pretend to speak for Jesus. She also apparently hates animals because she thinks that if human beings are beasts it's a terrible maddening thing.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Lionhearte

Marine fossils on mountain tops? Yep. They are there. Are you saying this is evidence of a world wide flood? I hope not. Without getting too involved with details let me just remind you that marine deposits are usually found on sea beds. They get up to mountain tops when two crust plates collide making each fold and go way up in height. Eons later here comes a Christian. He sees them and, wow, there really was a flood.

The story of Noah is based on truth. The flood however was more in the form of a severe tidal surge caused by the passing of the earth by a very large asteroid. So sea water did get mountain tops wet but not all at once. As the earth rotated this tremendous surge also moved around the globe. When Mr. Ararat was under water the other side of the globe was nearly dry. See? No magic. God does not disobey the laws that He puts in place in creation. No raining for forty days and nights either. That is an embellishment added by storytellers. You may be interested in knowing also that Noah was not the only one who built an ark. There were hundreds of them and each went to different parts of the planet. This is why we find curious remains of cities in high mountains in South America for instance. This is why flood stories are so common throughout the world. Because all those arks landed in different places and immediately began the tradition of the flood. Yes. It's real. No. The entire planet was not all flooded at the same time.

The Bible was written by men friend. Men are fallible. It is based upon truth just like most everything else in those books. It is a great mistake to think that there is much literal truth in scripture.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Paschar0

BTW: The earth is not 5,000 years old, evolution exists, "God" created the universe and the rules that govern it. What is time to "God", do you really thinks he cares about the difference between 5 or 5 million years?

Yes He does. The whole foundation of the faith is based on it. Death, disease, and suffering were a direct result of Adam's sin. If all of those things existed prior to man, sin is no big deal, death always existed. In fact, there was no reason for Christ to come to earth and die on the cross either, since it is by His substitutionary sacrifice for our sins, that we can be saved.

I don't know, maybe you have the bones of one of Darwin's fabled transitional fossils. Maybe you should talk to a museum, they would pay a lot for one, since all they have are artist's renditions of what one "could" look like

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by trailertrash
reply to post by Lionhearte

The Bible was written by men friend. Men are fallible. It is based upon truth just like most everything else in those books. It is a great mistake to think that there is much literal truth in scripture.

News flash: Darwin and Charles Lyell were men. Men are fallible, so why do you trust their work?

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Great post. As Professor Edwin Conklin famously stated, "The probability of life originating by accident is comparable to the unabridged dictionary resulting from an explosion at a printing shop."

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by kingofmd
Yes He does. The whole foundation of the faith is based on it. Death, disease, and suffering were a direct result of Adam's sin. If all of those things existed prior to man, sin is no big deal, death always existed. In fact, there was no reason for Christ to come to earth and die on the cross either, since it is by His substitutionary sacrifice for our sins, that we can be saved.

If disease was a result of sin, when did god create deadly bacteria and viruses?

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman
Someone needs to explain to Jesus the theory of evolution. It doesn't say we came from monkeys. It says we share a common ancestor.

Which is just as ludicrous.

2nd

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Someone needs to explain to Jesus the theory of evolution. It doesn't say we came from monkeys. It says we share a common ancestor.

2nd

Only if you completely ignore all the objective evidence and the fact that we're actively applying the theory in modern medicine....only if you ignore all those facts, you'd claim it to be ludicrous. That and religious brainwashing of course

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
I would like to thank the OP,

Because:

This is a perfect example of “False Christ” in action.

Those who are well versed in what the Teaching of Jesus actually are will not be lead astray, however those who are not well educated are at risk.

Jesus NEVER commanded nor did ever state that “The Father, or The Spirit” has revealed to me that you should do, fill in the blank.

This is exactly the point in which some are lead astray, and where evil is allow to penetrate.

When ever a person says that God, Jesus, Holy Spirit, Allah, Buddha, Krishna spoke through me and this is what he said should NEVER be taken as Truth.

An all powerful entity , that has created the heavens and earth, and all that is in it DOES NOT need some man or woman to talk for them. The rule of thumb here is if the person revealing new information is employing First Person as a literary tool, then it should be discounted, and possibly disregarded completely.

Let me make myself perfectly clear, The Holy Spirit DOES speak to each and everyone of us, and some hear louder than others, but his message is directed personally to each individual. There is nothing wrong with sharing your personal communications with others, but if that Spirit has not encourage yourself in the same direction, that path is not for you.

One thing is certain, and that is when you, personally, are to do what-ever the Spirit will speak to you personally, and it is our task to obey, individually.

Bottom-line is

Anyone who says that they speak for GOD is a liar.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   

The experiment you made up, the one where man takes monkeys and through generations of experimental breeding creates a more intelligent, refined animal? That's happening to us right now. you're just a silly little monkey with your base and instinctive religious beliefs clouding you from seeing the truth; all we are is smart monkeys. all we will ever be is smart monkeys. there is nothing higher or lower, there is no great secret knowledge that you know that the rest of us don't. We're smart monkeys. end of story.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   

So you're willing to believe any person claiming "Jesus" speaks to him/her on their word alone? But if they say aliens, the cia, allah, their spirit guide, zeus, their dead mother, or literally anything else talks to them they're just crazy right? As long as the imaginary friend/voice in their head is Jesus or some other name mentioned in the Bible its okay. Religious people amaze me.

You wouldn't survive 10minutes in the local mental hospital if you walked in after some prankster replaced the sign on the front door with "Priests/Saints Training Center", you'd go crazy and jump out the window believing every crazy story they told you. It's truly amazing how much mental illness and ridiculous beliefs with no evidence become acceptable as long as you name drop "Jesus" or the "Bible". If you said the same exact type of crazy crap without the context of religion you'd get locked up for life in a mental hospital. Schizophrenics become "saints" and "prophets" just by inserting "jesus" into their delusions.

edit on 21-11-2011 by darkest4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

it's also ludicrous that Jesus is speaking through a person in the 21st century to try and clear up the evolution / creationism debate and put it in its proper place for those christians who may not understand it properly and
who fear their faith is faltering because they think evolution maybe right !

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by 547000

Yes, but how do you explain things like the events at Fatima where a massive group experienced the same phenomenon. Only the catholic church has first class miracles.

Everyone didnt report the same phenomena, some reported seeing Mary, others reported seeing a ball of light like a ufo. And wasnt christ before the catholic church when his miracles were performed? Not to mention the miracles of Moses, or Apollo, or Mithra, or Vishnu etc etc etc.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by sapien82
reply to post by NOTurTypical

it's also ludicrous that Jesus is speaking through a person in the 21st century to try and clear up the evolution / creationism debate and put it in its proper place for those christians who may not understand it properly and
who fear their faith is faltering because they think evolution maybe right !

but that is exactly what many people think would happen and have said would happen so although it may seem a little surprising, it's not really a new concept.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by kingofmd

If disease was a result of sin, when did god create deadly bacteria and viruses?

If god is all seeing, all powerful, all loving, all cearing...

Why dose he let innocent, good people suffer at all..?

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

2nd

Only if you completely ignore all the objective evidence and the fact that we're actively applying the theory in modern medicine....only if you ignore all those facts, you'd claim it to be ludicrous. That and religious brainwashing of course

What facts are you speaking of? After 150 years of looking for a common ancestor one has yet to be found. And let's not even get into the impossibility of life creating itself out of non-life. Louis Pasteur proved this was bunk a long time ago. I went to government school, I grew up indoctrinated to Evolution, and rejected it based upon the lack of evidence.

edit on 21-11-2011 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join