It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Christ says about Evolution

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Hydroman

Well that isn't the evolution that everyone else knows and loves. People try to disprove creationism by saying that we evolved from primates. It's in hundreds of thread and school curriculums.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Agreed, once we say God as a He, we automatically humanize God.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman
Someone needs to explain to Jesus the theory of evolution. It doesn't say we came from monkeys. It says we share a common ancestor.

It's basically saying the same thing.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikesk8s247
Well that isn't the evolution that everyone else knows and loves. People try to disprove creationism by saying that we evolved from primates. It's in hundreds of thread and school curriculums.

We did evolve from a common ancestor, not a monkey. Monkeys are a particular species, just as is man, gorillas, orangutans, chimpanzees, etc. Research it for real if you're really interested, and not from a creationist's website.

Anyways, that message wasn't from any divine being, just like Harold Camping's message wasn't.
edit on 19-11-2011 by Hydroman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Paschar0
BTW: The earth is not 5,000 years old, evolution exists, "God" created the universe and the rules that govern it. What is time to "God", do you really thinks he cares about the difference between 5 or 5 million years?

Show me that god is real, and that it is a "he" meaning it is of the male gender baring male genitalia.

Until you experience things for yourself that make you understand there are things beyond your own little world, there is no point trying to explain anything. Maybe instead of "God", you could better accept "higher power", if you believe you are "it" in the universe, I have bad news for you my friend.

My point is that none of us truly understands much about either, a thousand years from now, scientists will giggle at our understanding of the world just as we look at those just a few hundred years ago as so naive and ignorant.

It's possible to have your beliefs without bashing another's, try it.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
i don't put faith in the ramblings of darwin, a senile hermit whose only scientific tools he brought on his expeditions were a pencil and paper.

even know with all the scientific and genetic techniques and technology there is absolutely no evidence that man and monkeys have a common ancestor or that man descended from apes.

there isn't any because it isn't true. not because of lack of evidence or lack of technology. it's a scientific fact man did not come from a monkey.

if we can match a sample of dna from a strand of hair and come up with 1 in 100 billion odds that it came from you, or can prove with 99.99% certainty that you are a genetic match to your parents then proving this would be simple.

if man and monkey came from the same ancestors then we'd find human dna in monkey's. that's not the case.
dna doesn't evolve. its a blueprint. any tapering or changing of it is like tampering with a skyscraper blueprint.
the whole thing can come crashing down.

the fact is the theory of evolution is to deny God. it's only real purpose.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Paschar0
My point is that none of us truly understands much about either, a thousand years from now, scientists will giggle at our understanding of the world just as we look at those just a few hundred years ago as so naive and ignorant.

It's possible to have your beliefs without bashing another's, try it.

I agree that in 1000 years, scientists will have much more knowledge.

I'm not bashing your beliefs. You talk about a higher power, etc. but imo, it's all in your head. I was a christian for over 20 years, I believed in higher powers. I have learned better.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Unvarnished

I am glad your being respectful and I truly appreciate it. MAN was mad of the dirt, not unicellular organisms. If this had happened then where would these organisms originate from. Just because these organisms are simple does not rule out the fact that they are a CREATION after all "how could it create itself, by itself"?

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   

reply to post by HangTheTraitors

We do not need skeptical snakes trying to blur the word of God, by the little they have learned about the bible from second and third parties. To you it is Fairy tales to me it is Life. You encourage me that my job is being done, because Satan is Hateful and disrespectful to God.

In addition to your clueless (once again SIGH) reply, your little assumption that I "learned about the bible from second and third parties" is quite inaccurate to say the least. Colleges course on religion, decades of bible study and classes, decades of being a devote Christian asking questions OVER AND OVER to pastors and priests who went WHITE and CLUELESS on behalf of my questions when they had NO CLUE to the answers of, makes me having learned the bible "from second and third parties"?? YEA, REALLY??

Thanks for the hearty roar of laughter son.

What a joke. Why dont you just ANSWER my previous replies instead of doing the usual Christian-COP-OUT like the faithful know all too well how to do because they cannot answer the questions.

Joker.

edit on 19-11-2011 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by EspyderMan

Someone needs to explain to Jesus the theory of evolution. It doesn't say we came from monkeys. It says we share a common ancestor.

It's basically saying the same thing.

No it is not. A fair analogy would be saying that Bird Flu evolved from Swine Flu. When if fact they both evolved from the Flu. In fact, the evolution could be witnessed under a microscope with the right conditions. The macro-organism takes longer to evolve than that of a single cell organism. And, single cell organisms can be observed evolving into new species, one can watch it happen with their very eyes.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
even know with all the scientific and genetic techniques and technology there is absolutely no evidence that man and monkeys have a common ancestor or that man descended from apes.

Do you have any idea what you're talking about?

Evolution doesn't answer the question of how we got here. It explains the diversity of life. Maybe a god did start life here, who knows?

But if a god did it, where is it?

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   

cute how you capitalize all the names except Jesus'. Also Muhammad was born in 570. So much for your education.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Who said that any of these people were fake? You are just bashing the religion and asking off topic questions that have nothing to do with what I have posted. No wonder no one answers you, why would they want to answer someone who rambles hatefully and demands answers to ridiculous questions. They would rather save those who CAN be saved.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Josephus

cute how you capitalize all the names except Jesus'. Also Muhammad was born in 570. So much for your education.

What about the rest?? Mohammad is the EASY one to dismiss. thats kindergarten level.

How 'bout the others??

Have fun learnig of them. Pastors and priests didnt mention them to you?? OH NO!!!

Have fun losing your faith when you research them!!

Jokers.

edit on 19-11-2011 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Not "a god" it's The God. God is everywhere and in everything. Try looking at the majesty of the ocean from time to time and see that it reflects God who created it.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by mikesk8s247

Your science causes Me horror. You degrade the intellect and like madmen do not even realize you are degrading it. In truth, I tell you that many of the primitive are more men than you are."

Hey, are you a follower of Christ or an evolutionist? I'm lost. Or maybe you are an intelligent monkey??

2nd..

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Not "a god" it's The God. God is everywhere and in everything. Try looking at the majesty of the ocean from time to time and see that it reflects God who created it.

I lived on the ocean when I lived in Spain as a volunteer in a christian drug rehab center. The ocean is amazing, and powerful. How does that prove a god's majesty? What if you look at Pluto which is nothing but Ice? Does that prove god's laziness? I don't look at the trees and see god, sorry. I look at the trees and see trees.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by mikesk8s247

The argument here stems from what is creation. Creation out of "nothing" or creation out of "something" or in other words pre-existing materials. To say that man just popped out of thin air is highly contradicted by science, it had to come from something that was pre-existing. If we interpret the Bible literally more than 80% of it is contradicted by modern day science. Now if we say that God used evolution as a tool to fashion a creature, then I agree with you, but, man just popping out of thin air, just does not make sense to me and seems like a fairy tale. I hope all is well.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   

And what do the ocean and the trees give us? They give man life, they give poets inspiration, they provide a source of income for men in the industry of either of these. It is so sad that you do not see the blessings of the simple necessities of life. Is your soul satisfied with your bleak view of "live in slavery then die"? Because mine isn't, it highlights the wonders of God.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Unvarnished

Well we do not know what Adam and Eve looked like but I'm sure we have evolve a long way since them, so I come to terms with you on single species evolution. Yet I still don't see it as Evolution, I see it as progression.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join