It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Ron Paul of the UK

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Yet another great video of Nigel Farage. This guys is the European version of Ron Paul. Check out this verbal beat down given to the European Parliament on Wednesday. Farage is one of the few in elected office who understands the magnitude of the economic problems facing the world. I wish more US politicians would lay it on the line like this guy.

Nigel Farage and Ron Paul are a new generation of politicians who speak truth to people in an arena where lies are commonplace. These men are the vanguard of a whole new generation of leaders that will rise to the call of history just when humanity needs it the most. Unfortunately, humanity will not embrace these truths and value these men on a national lever until everything is destroyed.
Don't Tread On Me

For those who don’t know, he’s the founding member of the UK Independence Party (UKIP). He is the voice of reason amongst a sea of ignorance on economic issues in Europe.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Boris Johnson the Mayor of London is a close second as he lays into Conman the UK Prime Minister:

"This idea that if we can find a big enough bazooka, we could blow away the problem by creating a euro government in which there will be shared fiscal responsibility, I'm afraid that really will, in the long term, and probably even in the short and medium term, simply exacerbate the problem, because that administration, that economic government will have no democratic legitimacy.

"What needs to happen now is an orderly realignment, that's to say there needs to be either a bisection of the Euro into north and south, or there needs to be some way in which, in as tidy a way as possible, countries that simply can't take the consequences of the current alignment, are allowed, effectively, to devalue.

"And that can either mean, leaving the Euro and then re-entering, or breaking apart, having a new Drachma… those are some of the solutions.

"What I don't think you can do, is just pretend that you can create an economic government of Europe, effectively run by Germany.

"That's not meant to be provocative towards Germany. Germany's just thrust into that position, by sheer economic weight and political necessity."

www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Nigel Farage is a liar and someone who cannot be trusted!
The amount of times he has been caught telling lies and contradicting himself is ridiculous and as a matter of fact,hes a paid fool who works for the Tories.

The UKIP party are nothing more then a honey trap for the BNP and UKIP prove it by walking out on votes where if they had of voted,it would of gone in their favour.......but NOOOO.By the way i used to be a member of the KIP party.

Nick Griffin on the other hand.......

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   
I agree with his comments ,funny how last year he was in a plane crash mmmmm i wonder if it is because he let the euro scumbags have it how he and many other people see them, did he upset somebody or was it an accident ??? who knows !!! They are raping the euro zone of of its cash and credibility ,i say good on him, he may come across as a trouble maker but look at thier faces most of them sit stone faced because they all know hes spot on with some of the stuff he says, they are too scared to speak out against it ,i say stuff the greedy EU they dont give a monkeys about anybody else but themselves, Good on you Nigel for saying what most people in the UK think.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

I don't think Mister Farage would be comforted in the knowledge that you consider him to be a European version of anything, somehow.

And how culturally insulting for you to initiate a thread which inadvertently belittles Britons and/or Europeans by describing us as "the American version" of X, Y or Z. You think us inferior to those in the USA ? Or is that a method to draw otherwise disinterested US contributors to this thread ?

The US centric dominance on this site is nauseating.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   
He's just a human being, he could have the nations interests at heart, but its more than likely he's just being paid to fill a niche, to make it look like democracy is working. Its the same with Ron Paul. You can bet if he gets to be PotUS, then he would have been allowed to be elected by TPTB to fulfil a purpose. I dont trust a single person who makes it high up, because its a dirty game full of dirty players, and when was the last time a clean player made it past local council level?

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Nigel Farage speaks a lot of sense when talking about the EU related matters, he can be quite funny and strikes a chord with a growing number of Brits.
He receives very little exposure in MSM and when he does he tends to be the victim of mis-information.

However, he is generally regarded as a bit of one trick pony and a political lightweight.

He did predict the need for bail out's well before it was discussed and agreed.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeBombDiggity
reply to post by seabag

I don't think Mister Farage would be comforted in the knowledge that you consider him to be a European version of anything, somehow.

And how culturally insulting for you to initiate a thread which inadvertently belittles Britons and/or Europeans by describing us as "the American version" of X, Y or Z. You think us inferior to those in the USA ? Or is that a method to draw otherwise disinterested US contributors to this thread ?

The US centric dominance on this site is nauseating.

What I said was culturally insulting? Sensitive are we?

I didn’t know referring to Mister Farage as the “UK version of Ron Paul” was insulting. I don’t think of Britons as “inferior” to Americans at all but maybe you do and that’s why you took it that way?? My apologies!

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
Nigel Farage speaks a lot of sense when talking about the EU related matters, he can be quite funny and strikes a chord with a growing number of Brits.
He receives very little exposure in MSM and when he does he tends to be the victim of mis-information.

However, he is generally regarded as a bit of one trick pony and a political lightweight.

He did predict the need for bail out's well before it was discussed and agreed.

Your comments could apply to Ron Paul too.....hence the comparison I drew in the OP.

Ron Paul is one of the few politicians in America who understands and openly speaks about why America is in the economic trouble its in. He's also kind of a "one trick pony" because though his economic ideas and his strong adherence to the US constitution are great, he is lacking in other areas IMO.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

To be honest my knowledge of Ron Paul is pretty much limited to what I have read here on ATS, and that seems to be restricted to those who are vehemently opposed to him or passionate supporters.
It doesn't lend itself to reasoned debate and it tends to cause disinterest in impartial non-US members - I guess the same can be said about UK / European politics and US members.

Ron Paul, like most US politicians except the incumbent President, is pretty much ignored over here except immediately prior to or during Presidential elections.
The average 'man in the street' will be completely unaware of who Ron Paul, hell most of them will be unaware of who Nigel Farage is!

Sad but very true.

Farage seems to struggle with day to day politics and economics.
He also used to be a member of The Conservative Party and that hasn't exactly enhanced his reputation.

However, increasingly large numbers of British voters are becoming dismayed with the EU and the refusal to allow a referendum on continued membership is helping Farage and UKIP.

British politics, politicians and the whole electoral and Parliamentary system is a complete joke at present and we urgently need radical reform.

new topics

top topics

join