It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you hate shopping and the lack of etiquette from people? I journeyed to Walmart.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by mugger
reply to post by brokedown

Maybe I am trained in my manners, maybe more people should have been also,.The aisles at my Walmart were fine. I do occasionally shop for certain products, cleaning supplies, paper products, garbage bags, bath supplies. It is much cheaper than my grocery store. So yeah, I will utilize the store according to my needs.

I do not go out of my way to return others carts, but when entering, will take one for myself, that is free floating in the lot instead of getting one at the entrance.Ever have your vehicle get smashed by a cart,especially a new vehicle, then you find a problem with the carts also. I return my cart out of respect to others property(car), not because I am trained.
Some interesting replies.

This is great but if you return your carts all the time keep in mind that is a few less employees that store will need in a day to gather the carts. I leave the things miles away (secured so the wind won't do exactly what you say) and try to keep their workers employed!

edit on 20-11-2011 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I understand the problem with trolleys hitting cars but it's nothing compared to the amount of damage done from people hitting cars with their own door when getting out.
Even with the wider spaces for the disabled or people with children it still happens.
I've squeezed through the smallest of spaces just so I don't damage other cars and yet, returned to mine too many times to find another coloured line down my door.

edit on 20-11-2011 by SilentE because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by mugger

Be grateful you did not go there for black friday, it is mayhem!

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by gamesmaster63
reply to post by mugger

One other thing concerning the mobility carts, if all of the people that use them would plug them in when they were done with them, then maybe they would stay charged. Some of us really need them, and can't shop without them.

Amen to that! So many times the carts have run out of juice and I had to goto another store. I always plug when done, I wish others would too.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
You should see the commissary on Fort Bragg, any day within 4 days of payday!!!
I don't usually shop with my child but when I do he's a big flirt, so he's not a screamer. He made one old lady blush by giving her a big hug and a smooch just for talking to him.

I try to avoid Wal-mart. I try so hard but sometimes, I need that pack of wipes or cold medicine at 11pm and everyone else is closed. I do not have a walgreens in my vicinity. I used to work at walmart. I would like to think I was not rude to people, I think it's more like they get tunnel vision when it gets busy. "Ring their * up and get them the * outta here" was the general mindset. The commissary's aisles are wide enough for about 1 1/2 carts and they obviously didn't factor in the obesity epidemic in America. There is ONE aisle that is very wide, and that seems to be the "stop and calculate my current total" aisle so that one clogs rather quickly.

Anway, s+f, kill em with kindness...be the one that is remembered for being nice

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unvarnished
reply to post by mugger

Be grateful you did not go there for black friday, it is mayhem!

Mayhem?! It is deadly...

Wal-Mart worker killed in Black Friday shopping stampede

A temporary Walmart worker was trampled to death by shoppers eager for post Thanksgiving bargains.

www.guardian.co.uk...

edit on 20-11-2011 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
You expected to find decent people at Walmart?

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackSatinDancer

here's something you might want to consider because i would absolutely hate for that person to think they have to go around being a dick just because their last girl left them for being too nice.

thank you for touching on the subject because chivalrous behavior is directly linked to manners and courtesy, as is the point of the OP.
i used to think ppl are rude by choice (and 20yrs ago that was probably true for the most part) but times do change and apparently so have many of the customs and courtesies once expressed by most.

these days, i tend to believe the rudeness has developed out of the mental conditioning forced upon society for the last say 50yrs and this is exemplary of the cumulative effects.

As for the boy, he is not my son but i am a close outside observer (friend of dad).
fear not, he is a stable, confident and charismatic character not likely to dwell in self-pity.
as for her true reasons for the break-up, your guess is as good as mine but i'm basing my opinion on verbal communications shared (in this case, i only know what i was told).
however, it was reported his behavior caused her to feel uncomfortable because she often forgot her place which led to unnecessary bickering.

as one who has accompanied his father in public, i totally understand her viewpoint (i am so out of practice) although i thoroughly disagree.

i may be old but once alone for so long, it is difficult to remember to be patient (for that gesture), to walk on the inside (without being manually moved to the position), to slow down enough to actually enjoy the momentary consideration of another.
how did we (as a society) achieve such a monumental failure ??

i do appreciate your empathy although slightly misplaced.
however, he is young and he will adjust as he has many times before.

she is the one for whom i feel sympathy. it is her loss in the long run, especially if her reason truly revolves around the chivalry.
ppl who expect manners and courtesy from others then dismiss that which is extended to them are one of my pet peeves.

as a side note ... even traveling across this nation, i have been asked more often than not (and usually within the first 12 hrs) ... "you're not from here are you?" and i reply, "no, why?" ... standard answer, "cause you're just too nice to be from here."
maybe it's a personal flaw (heaven knows the nice gal usually finishes last)

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Honor93

ce.

" anast)

DISCLAIMER:...sometimes I say "you" a lot when I am talking to YOU (or anyone) but I am not talking about them... and I might just be talking about my own perspective and no one else at all... and I'm just talking off my head, but anywho... I HATE the confusion of broken relationships. It is MADDENING. It's like you can be screaming at another person and they are screaming at you and neither one understands what the other is saying... I'm not saying these two scream, I'm just saying it gets painful and it is pure insanity from two people coming at something from different angles... So I am just trying to help... Excuse all the "you"s I put in there... I am imagining it from my own perspective with the limited data which is totally understandable through text.... just trying to extend it for the sake of, but if you are done looking at the issue, don't think I'm being weird picking at it. i will certainly stop, I just hate relationship confusion.

After looking at it from that perspective, I have to wonder exactly what kind of chivalry we are talking about. Is it pure chivalry, or is he expecting something in return for it?...not in such a straightforward trade type manner but perhaps maybe at least expecting her focus... whilst she is wrapped up in her own thoughts and vibes.

Perhaps a good way to look at it is not for me to place the origin of these differences upon either... the fact is, it sounds like different frequencies from people who simply feel different. If his wants are put into his simplest of actions, it could become invasive to her frequencies if A) is actions are loaded whether or not he knows it or B) his actions are not loaded but there is an overlay, perhaps a misunderstanding that is giving the same vibration that is amplifying her concerns about these gestures. Still yet, could something be pulling at her attention? I still think so. She is on a different wave or would be in sync with these actions. they would not be pulling at her.

If you try to engage someone's attention too much in any direction other than what it was directed... they may very well try to get away from you because they have focused on a something they may feel is important to them. If that fact is too contrary to the other person's own wants, then maybe they don't like that persons vibrations as much as they thought you did.... and people with stronger vibrations often tend to want to greatly change vibrations they come into contact with whether or not they realize it. A person may be great to you, if you could just get them on your level- but that is actually very invasive to force upon someone. He might direct his focus on her because he already this idea of what he wants her to be to him and that might be ok and she has thought about this and let those vibrations rub off on her some, but something is still pulling her away because she hasn't got it all figured out yet maybe... her place in life... and maybe he is interrupting her mental and emotional processes with his simple predefined wants. He sees it as a kind gesture, but she sees it as a Pull for her attention and that maybe he is not doing it just to be kind, he is doing it to get her to be kind to him when he wants her to... like he's got too much focused on her when he's doing it, like it's a big deal, like he may even be hurt that she is not giving him more attention, like she should feel guilty and tend to him... even if that is not the case.

I dunno... just trying to help.

or maybe she is just taking him a little too strong and maybe he doesn't realize he is too focused because he thinks it is polite to maintain good focus and it is as simple as that and it is a just a misunderstanding and both are really just crazy and need to chill..?

Mostly what i want to say and make others believe is that it is probably not real deeply personal.... they must have liked each other in some way, so what is really to be hurt by? If there is no established deep deep commitments, maybe it is just enough of those two different vibrations rubbing off on each other for now and one seems like a pull while one seems like a push, because they are just that- different.

It doesn't mean there isn't a love there. Love doesn't always equate to an ongoing sexual relationship because people's lives will pull them and push them in all different directions sometimes... learning and experiencing being part of all.... but that also doesn't mean you can't have lasting relationships because those certainly exist as well as friendships. If he still likes her, don't be miserable around her, she may feel that, she will go away for sure. Just appreciate while you secretly look for her flaws.

SECRETLY!.. those are no one's concerns but hers in reality.
edit on 21-11-2011 by BlackSatinDancer because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   
When i say look for flaws I am not meaning something bad, because the ego will make you do this anyway... so why not make it more constructive of a thing. keep it to yourself, it's not your place to nitpick a person to death unless you actually are commited to them untill death. The most important reason a person NEEDS to see flaws in others is to know they like, because i have known so many guys hat certainly wanted me- but hated things about me, like the fact that I'm stubborn or unyeilding when I eel strongly about something, they have often wanted me to give in much more easily.... that's is NOT their damn concern!

If I am not going out of my way to bother them, then they either need to LIKE my flaws or piss off.

That doesn't mean we can't be friends but my point is you can't change people and commitments like that are serious.... cause you know you want to be stuck with somebody, but you KNOW you don't want to be stuck with the wrong person. Be aware of how much you are asking a person to change... mentally, physically.

In nature, one of the first things guys want to do is knock the chick up. Think about that... and it is just change change change from there on out. Those primal instincts are in our blood. Not saying that is the first thing human males think about, just saying that is in nature.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

Condolences to your son.

The girl was many levels beneath him to begin with.

She was highly likely raised with values and attitudes that did not know how to cope with his stature and values.

And, she may have been raised with enough ATTACHMENT DISORDER that she wanted !CONTROL! to feel safe. Yet, she may well have sensed that he was such a solid, strong, settled, focused, centered, directed person that she could never !CONTROL! him.

And, she may have just bought into the feminist lies from hell and ran because that's what her feminist 'sisters' would have advised.

I've conjectured on scant information. However,

I'M CERTAIN THAT HE'S MUCH BETTER OFF WITHOUT SUCH a lurking gritch in waiting.

Prayer and right living will land him someone far better from the hand of God Himself, imho.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   

wow, that was a bunch of psychoanalysis that i hope didn't strain your brain too much

thanks for putting your thoughts out there and with some points i agree.
however, their eventual separation is of no direct concern to me other than this whole "chivalrous" behavior complaint of which i've been told. (they are 1000+ miles away)

behavior like i outlined above, courteous and considerate. Not demanding or strict or even obsessive just gentlemanly and she was not willing to cooperate.

like i said before, his dad and i have shared company in public and i've been on the wrong side more than once but rather turn it into a bickering session, i find some sense of humor and take my place (or get manually moved), offer a sincere apology and continue to enjoy the company.

his situation was presented as though she wanted him to stop behaving in such a way and she wasn't going to make any effort to appease or cooperate or learn to be gracious about it.
my opinion? ... her loss, just like those in public who disregard the next guy ... one day, those acts will come back to them, three-fold.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join