Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Do you hate shopping and the lack of etiquette from people? I journeyed to Walmart.

page: 3
25
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

log in

join

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by satron
 


Other people were passing by as if it wasn't even there.

Why should I report it? If the employees knew what they were doing, it would have been picked up immediately.




posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by satron
 


Why repeat what Muzzle already replied? Maybe it is not about being courteous, maybe it is stupidity?
Who parks there cart in the middle of an aisle blocking it, it is like parking your car in the middle of the street instead of by the curb.
As for society degrading, yes I believe that. Did you ever here hte term road rage 10 or 15 yrs ago? No.
I have worked in sales, the best reps anymore are courteous, listen and of course knowledgeable. Who would think you would have to teach people to to do the first two, and now there are training classes for that? The parents should be taking care of that.
edit on 11/19/2011 by mugger because: sp.



posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
reply to post by satron
 


Other people were passing by as if it wasn't even there.

Why should I report it? If the employees knew what they were doing, it would have been picked up immediately.


Sorry read your post wrong, I've got a cold, and I'm jacked up on meds. That's actually the second time I did it in this thread.



posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by mugger
 


The answer to inconsiderate shoppers:

edit on 11/19/2011 by this_is_who_we_are because: typo



posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by mugger
reply to post by satron
 

Why repeat what Muzzle already replied? Maybe it is not about being courteous, maybe it is stupidity?
Who parks there cart in the middle of an aisle blocking it, it is like parking your car in the middle of the street instead of by the curb.


But it's Ok, because you're going to hold up the check out line.


As for society degrading, yes I believe that. Did you ever here hte term road rage 10 or 15 yrs ago? No.


Yeah, but roads are safer, so like your problem with courtesy at the store, why does it matter so much?


I have worked in sales, the best reps anymore are courteous, listen and of course knowledgeable. Who would think you would have to teach people to to do the first two, and now there are training classes for that? The parents should be taking care of that.
edit on 11/19/2011 by mugger because: sp.


A lot of places have specific rules on how they want their employee to act, not all places are the same, so courtesy doesn't have the same meaning.
edit on 19-11-2011 by satron because: (no reason given)
edit on 19-11-2011 by satron because: (no reason given)



posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by amatrine
 


Two points:

1) You will not always be treated as a second-hand human, because I will treat you with the dignity and respect you deserve as a human being. I will even aid you if I see you struggling, like reaching something for you on the top shelf. I am sorry that we have not met.

2) You cannot possibly block the isle in almost all cases even if you turn your wheelchair sideways, because the isle is big enough for 2 or 3 carts side by side. If in the rare event there are displays in the isle and you do block it, I will wait patiently and kindly for you to finish and move along at your own pace.

Typically when people block isles, it is one family unit and they walk horizontally rather than single file. This is rude in my opinion because of obvious reasons. That is why my family walks single file, and if my kids go to the side of our cart while others are trying to pass I scold them. If there are multiple families conglomerating blocking an isle, this is just random coincidence and no one is actually at fault because crowded places are crowded.

Crippled folks require additional accommodations, this is clear to anyone who thinks rationally.



posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by satron
 


Well, are you trying to state that I should just be as rude and inconsiderate as everyone else? I don't think that will solve anything. Would society be better off if everyone became rude or would we be better off if people used their manners more often?



posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are
reply to post by mugger
 


The answer to inconsiderate shoppers:

edit on 11/19/2011 by this_is_who_we_are because: typo


My god, was that Micheal Savage?



posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by satron
 


Richard France playing Dr. Millard Rausch from the 1978 original "Dawn Of The Dead".



posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by satron
 


Haha, Sort of resembles Savage.

edit on 11/19/2011 by mugger because: (no reason given)



posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by mugger
reply to post by satron
 


Well, are you trying to state that I should just be as rude and inconsiderate as everyone else? I don't think that will solve anything.


Take it in stride. Don't go out of your way to do it for the sake of just to be that way. Your situation where you were talking to the clerk is a good example of how to funnel it, but you didn't say how the people behind you were dissing you, so I just have to assume that someone else made you angry, and you're taking it out on other people


Would society be better off if everyone became rude or would we be better off if people used their manners more often?


The world will be better off not feeling like it's in a cage.



posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by mugger
reply to post by satron
 


If you treat me like an arse, you get treated like one back. If you treat me with mutual respect, you receive that back also.


this world is full of psy vamps who leech off of others. People with no lives of their own are constantly doing this. Most are not aware and think they are in positions of righteousness. I never had much for anyone to vamp off of, but anything I have ever had... people want it.... even my issues, which is really strange. My work, my advice, my friendship, my concern... that's all sucked up like a vacuum the moment it comes out, but even the negative gets sucked up and cherished in by those who have nothing else to fill their own lives with.

Those with good intentions you want to share like energy and you know this passes off, but some are taking you down to a new low... insidiously, gradually and you know this. Some even try to do it quicker and in more desperate spurts. People like that are the type of people who cannot mind their own damn business in life and in walmart. It could be anything but you can tell they want something. It is literally draining to go into public so when people start interjecting crap I have to bounce how it feels right back to them... so i am the same way. I will meet others with the same acceptance or opposition for whatever reason they think they have come up with in their minds... and other than that, I mind my own business in public. I let other shop because I ASSUME that is what everybody came there for. If they come there for some other reason, they might want to make that known... else I will assume they just like getting up in other people's business because they have no life of their own to tend to.



posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I dont go shopping, I have all my groceries delivered and only shop for clothes when I have to.
Anything electronic is bought online too.

Old people or mums walking at a snails pace, people walking 3 wide blocking the isle, people with pushchairs running into you. It does my head in.



posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
reply to post by amatrine
 


Two points:

1) You will not always be treated as a second-hand human, because I will treat you with the dignity and respect you deserve as a human being. I will even aid you if I see you struggling, like reaching something for you on the top shelf. I am sorry that we have not met.

2) You cannot possibly block the isle in almost all cases even if you turn your wheelchair sideways, because the isle is big enough for 2 or 3 carts side by side. If in the rare event there are displays in the isle and you do block it, I will wait patiently and kindly for you to finish and move along at your own pace.

Typically when people block isles, it is one family unit and they walk horizontally rather than single file. This is rude in my opinion because of obvious reasons. That is why my family walks single file, and if my kids go to the side of our cart while others are trying to pass I scold them. If there are multiple families conglomerating blocking an isle, this is just random coincidence and no one is actually at fault because crowded places are crowded.

Crippled folks require additional accommodations, this is clear to anyone who thinks rationally.


I agree that walking shoulder to shoulder in a store is not practical to the point where it becomes rude.
I feel it is done by those who wish to catch attention, show dominance or exert their presence in some way.
They should not effect other shoppers with their vibrations that way because at that point in time, they are just other random shoppers, however... if a shopper has challenged those manners with you as if they have no concept of traffic- then it's time to play chicken in my opinion or some comment should be made or some stance of ground because that is bad energy that must be blocked- bounced back imo.



posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Simply,
1. Stay to the right of the isle, as you should (U.S.) on the road. Respect right of way and stop before entering main isles.

2 .Don't talk on your cell phone and then give me a dirty look like I'm listen to your conversation. If you are going to have a private conversation, go somewhere private.

3. Being obese does not make you handicapped, perhaps the extra 20 or so feet you have to walk in the parking lot will help counteract some of the junk food and soda you are about to purchase on your "vision" card (food stamps). And why are you driving a new SUV if you can't afford to buy your own food????

I am willing to drive half an hour to avoid walking into Walmart. The company as destroyed too many small town, home owned stores.



posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackSatinDancer

Originally posted by mugger
reply to post by satron
 


If you treat me like an arse, you get treated like one back. If you treat me with mutual respect, you receive that back also.


this world is full of psy vamps who leech off of others. People with no lives of their own are constantly doing this. Most are not aware and think they are in positions of righteousness. I never had much for anyone to vamp off of, but anything I have ever had... people want it.... even my issues, which is really strange. My work, my advice, my friendship, my concern... that's all sucked up like a vacuum the moment it comes out, but even the negative gets sucked up and cherished in by those who have nothing else to fill their own lives with.

Those with good intentions you want to share like energy and you know this passes off, but some are taking you down to a new low... insidiously, gradually and you know this. Some even try to do it quicker and in more desperate spurts. People like that are the type of people who cannot mind their own damn business in life and in walmart. It could be anything but you can tell they want something. It is literally draining to go into public so when people start interjecting crap I have to bounce how it feels right back to them... so i am the same way. I will meet others with the same acceptance or opposition for whatever reason they think they have come up with in their minds... and other than that, I mind my own business in public. I let other shop because I ASSUME that is what everybody came there for. If they come there for some other reason, they might want to make that known... else I will assume they just like getting up in other people's business because they have no life of their own to tend to.


It's strange to think of other people that feed off your weakness as psychic vampires, but you're right. People that fall victim to this can change the chemical balance in their brain, and can lead to depression, this I believe. It's like the Law of Conservation of Energy stays true to peoples energy levels. A good reason why I can't let things like what has been stated in this thread to bother me.



posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by mugger
 

I agree 100 percent with all that you said...and just wanted to say that what we put out there (energy) will be reflected back to us.
So if you go in to WM or anywhere else for that matter, the energy or attitude you carry with you will be reflected back to you like a mirror.
I do try to be kind, civil and friendly and the majority of times, I have no problems. On the other hand, I have sometimes shopped while in a bit of a snarl and have been snarled at in return.
You get what you give.
Just sayin'.

Namaste.

GI



posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flyer
I dont go shopping, I have all my groceries delivered and only shop for clothes when I have to.
Anything electronic is bought online too.

Old people or mums walking at a snails pace, people walking 3 wide blocking the isle, people with pushchairs running into you. It does my head in.



I don't too much mind slow walkers... unless they walk out in front of fast walking people, because that shows that they are either A) Dumb or B) Rude

Since i can't know that automatically, i assume that their age might give them experience and especially if they drive... YOU SHOULD NOT PULL OUT IN FRONT OF FAST MOVING VEHICLES UNLESS YOU INTEND TO GET UP TO SPEED.... so they are being RUDE. I will get rude with an old person because I know inside they can take it much better than chicken... they need to feel how their own energy comes off. I like to walk past them really fast like they are a problem in the way, a speed bump in life that is being run over, used and left behind... because they hate that feeling the most. It's terrible for them to feel that way which is why they need to be made aware that they should not make others feel invisible when walking out in front of them at a snails pace because that's not a good feeling ether and they should know this because they can't see god but many of them love God without seeing him, so they should probably think about that. If it bothers them really really bad just because they have aged and feel everyone should have to walk slowly behind them, they should help us confront age head on by not voting against stem cell research... if they want to be some kind of leader for the aging. Any old person who needs help with anything should be assisted and should not be made to walk faster than what is safe for them.... but if they purposefully walk out in front of you, they're probably senile yet are still voting.... THIS IS NOT RIGHT.

Take children for example, they are often fast but have no sense of traffic rules or direction in most cases
... and they may be excused from the intention of rudeness unless they are purposefully being rude... but that is much easier to read in a child who has not yet learned to hide their intentions like most other liars in the world... or people who would walk out in front of others at a snails pace just to test their rudeness.

Needless to say, i try to avoid people most of the time because I have no reason to be constantly trying to process energy over such petty things. there are more important things in life than having to deal with vibes in walmart, but you do every time you go in there.

it is psychologically inefficient and that really f-cks me off in a bad way.

I need an escort in walmart... or at least a witness... someone on my side seeing this crap and maybe most of them would leave me alone because it is always worse for those traveling or shopping alone... more dangerous for actual events or just people and their territory wars. Unfortunately my chosen companion in life cannot walk with me through walmart and help me shop and stare at rude people because of all of life's problems that have to be fixed... and it isn't the needlessly rude that is trying to fix them.
edit on 19-11-2011 by BlackSatinDancer because: (no reason given)



posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by mugger
 


AMEN! AMEN! AMEN!

However . . . given that the globalists have convinced so many that

"man is nothing more than a rat, a radish, a pigeon or a rock . . . "

NOTHING MAKES ANY DIFFERENCE . . .

survival of the fattest . . . or fittest or . . . most brazen . . . or

. . . Every Creten for himsefl/herself.



posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
This reminds me of something from a few years back at my local Wal Mart. My cart was full, very full, and heavy. As I pushed it around the corner, I cut off a woman who I didn't see going down the isle. I would have stopped but like I said, the cart was heavy and I was already in front of her. So I said I was sorry and went ahead.
Then she ran her cart into the back of my foot, pretty damn hard too. I turned around, expecting an apology, but she just looked thru me, as if I wasn't there and kept on strolling along.
Now I know I was in the wrong, but I said I was sorry and then I was hit by a stranger.
I was too dumbfounded to react.
People are terrible. But I take comfort knowing that when the Zombie Apocalypse happens, she'll be too slow to outrun them.






top topics



 
25
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

log in

join