It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you hate shopping and the lack of etiquette from people? I journeyed to Walmart.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by mugger
This is not about Walmart...please...It is about the PATRONS. I just used Walmart because I went there today.
K-mart,Kohls and the rest are included, even my local grocery store.

While I was checking out, my cashier Dolly. who looked in her 70's was wonderful and I had a nice conversation with her, even chatted an few extra minutes with her before leaving. I know I p1ssed off a few people in line behind me and I purposely did so.She didn't even bother with asking for my ID and told me so.

Ok, so you're not the most courteous person either. It's Ok, all of us aren't at all times.

Just don't worry about it so much, you should come first and foremost, so don't do yourself a disservice.
edit on 19-11-2011 by satron because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by satron

If you treat me like an arse, you get treated like one back. If you treat me with mutual respect, you receive that back also.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   

This is not about Walmart...please...It is about the PATRONS. I just used Walmart because I went there today.
K-mart,Kohls and the rest are included, even my local grocery store.

While I was checking out, my cashier Dolly. who looked in her 70's was wonderful and I had a nice conversation with her, even chatted an few extra minutes with her before leaving. I know I p1ssed off a few people in line behind me and I purposely did so.She didn't even bother with asking for my ID and told me so.

It's about society. It's about our culture.
Most people just don't care who suffers as consequence of their selfish actions.

This world really sucks, that's a fact. But it sure would be a lot easier to deal with if people treated strangers with dignity and respect.

You bring up another interesting point, checking out.

I usually shop getting a week or two worth of goods at once, and if someone only has 3-4 items I will always let them go ahead of me. I ask them to, because I do not like inconveniencing them arbitrarily.

I do not mind waiting for others, because I understand that life is full of waiting in lines.
Anyways, you can read the utter garbage on those magazines and laugh your rear off while you wait.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
That is why I do not go to Wal-mart. And the Wal-mart people are just incredible to watch pure animals go and claw and take everything as fast as possible. and I also get tired of seeing pajama pants whenever I use to go. Good luck to everyone going on Friday! watching the news to see who will be trampled this year lol

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   

reply to post by satron

If you treat me like an arse, you get treated like one back. If you treat me with mutual respect, you receive that back also.

Ok? How did everyone treat you like an arse? I've got the feeling they felt you were treating them that way and you were are the person you describe as uncourteous.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by satron

Ok, so you're not the most courteous person either. It's Ok, all of us aren't at all times.

Just don't worry about it so much, you should come first and foremost, so don't do yourself a disservice.

Incorrect entirely.

It does not matter how others act, you should act as best you can because this is about principals.
Courtesy is not bought, it is given for free.

And no you nor I should come first and foremost, that is the definition of selfishness and exactly the mentality that leads to this extreme epidemic of rude behavior in public.

People are equal, and rationality and logic should lead the way rather than excuses for bad behavior.

Good Samaritans do not give in order to gain for themselves. They give so that you may gain.
Common decency is in short supply, and it is up to each of us to increase that supply.
edit on 19-11-2011 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-11-2011 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
People have been uncourteous throughout the ages, why do you think it's worse now? Logically, if someone was been uncourteous to you, they had some reason behind their action, it wasn't just made up. They might even had regretted it later, and if they didn't and you're the one that's pissed off, well, who is worse off?

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Ok, these things happen all over but they are significantly worse at walmart. I avoid the place around the 15th when food stamps come out.

I had a shock the other day when I was leaving the grocery store and a nice young guy held the door open for me, and I instinctively put my hand on the rail, and he said: when a guy holds a door open for you, you shouldn't have to touch it. I told him he was very sweet.

You will see me defend equal rights for women as much as anybody, but I will never turn down a nice guesture.

Now as far as the rude people, I will call them on it. Unless they are obviously distracted like a mother trying to herd in some children.

But I will say loudly: your welcome.

If someone leaves a cart in the aisle, I will stand there and stare at them, most get the hint. But if they don't move it, I move it for them.

As for teh cart in the parking lot, I try to park next to the racks if I can. But I can be guilty of leaving them nearby, though not to move and hit cars, because I have a small child in the car and I am not going to go far. And I am not goig to risk his life by hauling him across a parking lot again.

Now here is my big beef in any parking lot, people who walk around cars now matter what a driver is trying to do. The other day I was trying to back up, there wasn't a lot of room between me ad the cars parked in the next row, and a couple of people walked between my bumper and the bumper of the car I was trying not to back into. Seriously, talk about stupidity.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Muzzle already made the point for me... Thank You.. Is pointing out to people,indirectly, that they are rude, makes me the same?
Want to really point it out. When someone throws or drops trash in a store, pick it up and politely tell them"I think you dropped this" that is another interesting reaction you get.

Chad> you can start a whole other thread on vehicles and being civil

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
ya ever notice the majority of people that block the aisles in walmart, etc...are usually excessively overweight...have at least 1 screaming kid with them ( the one with the chocolate ice cream all over their face and shirt)....at least half of them are using the motorized carts, and are too stupid to move out of anyone's way....next time you see one of those carts sitting unattended....flatten the tires....that way they won't beat you to the checkout stand

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I was in frys today. I am in a wheelchair. This lady was talking on the cellphone and blocking my aisle. I said excuse me, she ignored me. I said it LOUDER, EXCUSE me, she moves even MORE in front of me not paying attention to me, thinking she actually moved. At this point I am getting mad, and she heard me under my breath and finally moved.

IN a wheelchair, I ALWAYS am ignored, but that was bad. Normally they walk out in front of me, expect me to give way for them , even though I am, there first. I am really treated as a second hand citizen.
Want to see what its like? Go to the store on a weekend, and use one of those electric carts and see how you are treated. People think because you are crippled they and their time is worth more than ours. We are expected to stop for them. .....
BTW , I dont block asisles. I am Using the aisles like everyone else. I have had people yell at me to move when I am getting something , because they want it at the same time, and since IM in a wheechair they assume I must be slower and SHOULD MOVE and let them get it first. ....Sickens me,.

edit on 19-11-2011 by amatrine because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by amatrine
I was in frys today. I am in a wheelchair. This lady was talking on the cellphone and blocking my aisle. I said excuse me, she ignored me. I said it LOUDER, EXCUSE me, she moves even MORE in front of me not paying attention to me, thinking she actually moved. At this point I am getting mad, and she heard me under my breath and finally moved.

IN a wheelchair, I ALWAYS am ignored, but that was bad. Normally they walk out in front of me, expect me to give way for them , even though I am, there first. I am really treated as a second hand citizen.
Want to see what its like? Go to the store on a weekend, and use one of those electric carts and see how you are treated. People think because you are crippled they and their time is worth more than ours. We are expected to stop for them. .....
BTW , I dont block asisles. I am Using the aisles like everyone else. I have had people yell at me to move when I am getting something , because they want it at the same time, and since IM in a wheechair they assume I must be slower and SHOULD MOVE and let them get it first. ....Sickens me,.

edit on 19-11-2011 by amatrine because: (no reason given)

hmmm...two-way rant, happening here? lmao

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by amatrine

You have every right to speak up. Unfortunately, there are those who do abuse that also, including the handicap parking spots. I am sure you have a few stories about those also.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Muzzle already made the point for me... Thank You.. Is pointing out to people,indirectly, that they are rude, makes me the same?

You will come off as that in this conversation, yes. For now on, should I talk through Muzzle to get your answer?

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by moonweed
ya ever notice the majority of people that block the aisles in walmart, etc...are usually excessively overweight...have at least 1 screaming kid with them ( the one with the chocolate ice cream all over their face and shirt)....at least half of them are using the motorized carts, and are too stupid to move out of anyone's way....next time you see one of those carts sitting unattended....flatten the tires....that way they won't beat you to the checkout stand

That's why I can't be too mad at people like that, they aren't in the best of condition.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Look at it like this, how would you feel if you were given a job with barely modest pay and ever so declining benefits, and being made to work Thanksgiving? Sounds like there's a porter position open, but when it gets filled, will their be another cut in benefits?

Let me remind you businesses do not exist for the purpose of employees. If you feel benefits should be better then please start your own business and offer your employees what you think is fair......good luck. Regardless of how those people feel they were hired to do a job and they can quit anytime if they feel their labor is worth more than the wage that is being paid.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I saw a diaper in the aisle at the local Wally-World not too long ago.

It's truly the store for the lazy and stupid (though they make up a minority of customers).

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fitch303

Look at it like this, how would you feel if you were given a job with barely modest pay and ever so declining benefits, and being made to work Thanksgiving? Sounds like there's a porter position open, but when it gets filled, will their be another cut in benefits?

Let me remind you businesses do not exist for the purpose of employees. If you feel benefits should be better then please start your own business and offer your employees what you think is fair......good luck. Regardless of how those people feel they were hired to do a job and they can quit anytime if they feel their labor is worth more than the wage that is being paid.

You missed the point. I stated that as the reason they aren't all smiles all the time.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
I saw a diaper in the aisle at the local Wally-World not too long ago.

It's truly the store for the lazy and stupid (though they make up a minority of customers).

***t happens

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   

reply to post by amatrine

You have every right to speak up. Unfortunately, there are those who do abuse that also, including the handicap parking spots. I am sure you have a few stories about those also.

All the time. I live in a retiree area,. but the spots here in town are always taken, a lot by young people in a hurry.
At wallmart they have someone that drives and gives tickets to just those. I do not goto wallmart though.
I can not handle that store myself,lol

To the poster who talked about the handi cap carts outside, I know sometimes myself I have not had the help of an attendant take me to my car, so I have to leave the cart, because if I take it back in, I can not walk back out to my car. .. Walk a mile, or in this case sit a mile in someone else shoes....

Ama

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join