It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is China creating a mock version of Taiwan Airport to train for Invasion of Taiwan?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Hi, Two questions. Are the two photos of the airport to the same scale? 2nd, Does the US still not have a base in the Philippines, which must be easier to use than an Australian base?
China has certainly found that Taiwan is a problem and has been trying for some time to bring it into the line with Mainland China. I have friends in China, not Taiwan fortunately, so I hope things get sorted out without the need for war.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Subjective Truth

Originally posted by rebellender

Originally posted by CasiusIgnoranze
reply to post by 10111011

What seriously???

Never really heard of that! Have you got a source or a link?
edit on 19-11-2011 by CasiusIgnoranze because: .

Are YOU serious??? why is that comment so hard for you to fathom??? or are you just a limp bizket???

what on earth do you think the purpose of Ft. Irwin is??? Ft. Irwin address

why is it so hard the think there isnt something in the desert of Nevada???
Bombing range Nevada
edit on 11/10/2011 by rebellender because: (no reason given)

So just because a poster has not heard of something you feel the need to attack? I wonder who has the bigger issues?

To the OP great thread best I have seen in years!!!!! I hope that someone at the top notices this.
edit on 20-11-2011 by Subjective Truth because: (no reason given)

hey I edited out the tone of Arrogent you might as well also?

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
In WW2 General McCarther (The great arrogent son of a...) had to retreat from the Phillippiens,
leaving his men there I might add, and withdrew to Australia. Which he used succefully used as a base for counter offencsives in the South Pacific, the land mass, terrain and the population are all
on the plus size as a base. 270 or so air fields were opperational during WW2, not all american,
and over 1 000 000 American sevice personel passed through Australia durring that war. However
the current pollicy seems like a deterent to invasion (ANZUS treaty) rather than a leaping off point.
Australia has vast resources in minnerals and natural gas, it is important for mutch the same reasons
North Affrica was in WW2, resources. Deny the enemy of resources, German tanks were
less effective in WW2 becouse of a lack of petrol, The invasion of frace by the allies would have
been mutch more costly if the german Panzers had been better supplied.
Sorry, was off topic, as for the mock airport, It might serve as a practice target, or it might be
a Geo-political chess move, a warning too Tiwan. either way it is not a good sign although
a simple reading of the chines and there motivations is not always accurate.
edit on 20-11-2011 by wondera because: More info

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by CasiusIgnoranze

Interesting coincidence however:

The main International Airport for Taiwan is Taoyuan International Airport

en.wikipedia.org...

And here's a link to its overhead view:

Actually,, been a long time since I was there, and I see it's changed its name, per the article above.

The other major airport is Songshan:

en.wikipedia.org...

Overhead Photo

So....could you please identify the airport in Taiwan that is referenced in the OP? It is neither of the two major International airports for the country.

Don't have to, did it for you on further examination:

Taichung Airport

Joint civilian/military use...but, so is Songshan.

edit on Sun 20 November 2011 by ProudBird because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
"Close enough for hand grenades and
(carpet bombing)........" Great Find!!!
edit on 27-11-2011 by CosmicCitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Now thats a good post with good valid reason and comparison.

I'm sure it could very well be used just as a precaution scenario should the SHTF someday.

Flagged it for the images and comparison.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by CasiusIgnoranze

Its called a military exercise DUH.That would be like the chinese saying.
No one invisioned that one day we might have to attack thier airport

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by dowot
Hi, Two questions. Are the two photos of the airport to the same scale? 2nd, Does the US still not have a base in the Philippines, which must be easier to use than an Australian base?
China has certainly found that Taiwan is a problem and has been trying for some time to bring it into the line with Mainland China. I have friends in China, not Taiwan fortunately, so I hope things get sorted out without the need for war.

Yes, the US still has based located in the Philippines as well as a few other Pacific Islands, but the concern is that China could easily take these locations out, eliminating a quick reaction force. Australia is basically used as a redundant back up to our existing quick reaction force locations.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by ProudBird

Was about to mention it was a military target but you followed up with it! Good show!

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by rebellender
this is a good thread here is a Video I found,its in Chinese but just turn down the volume and check out the discipline

And look carefully at the weaponry they wear ... and their cloathes. I want to see the traitors who gave them these advanced weaponry and see them shot.

And even if it looks like a bomb range, and probably is ... some of those things they bild, are obviously meant for satellite calibrating/training/sighting.
edit on 5-12-2011 by bjarneorn because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join