It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Awake and Aware with a Star Wars Motiff :)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
So what is this concept of awake and aware?

I confess that I'm no Master Yoda, no Qui-Gon Jinn in this arena, but I will try my best. I believe this awake and aware in a metaphysical sense things means that one senses things on the metaphysical level. That is, they understand that things like the Force can be applied to our everyday lives and the situations we find ourselves in and also have a vivid knowledge of both sides of the Force.

I do believe that the Jedi Code must be examined here because the common one that we know is not the original. The Jedi code forcing one to renounce all emotion and fully embrace the Light is not necessarily the best idea, and the original code was much more balanced:

Emotion, yet peace. Ignorance, yet knowledge. Passion, yet serenity. Chaos, yet harmony. Death, yet the Force.

Luke took this to heart when he rebuilt the Jedi Order and produced a breed of Jedi much more balanced.

I think that this is the crux of an important issue. To be one way or the other is to be an extremist, and extremism in either capacity precipitates disaster. To embrace either extreme causes one to lose what makes one human, and this is bad because of its results. If the Jedi council had not been so extreme in its forcing of pushing the Light side, would Anakin and Padme had to conceal their love? Would Darth Vader have ever been born? I would say no. I would also say that a balancing of the Force would have been unnecessary.

I would argue that too much Light causes one to be flighty, dodgy and accept things that are simply totally out there even amongst us who are a bit cooky. You lose your footing on the ground, and it gets hard to exist in reality. On the other hand, totally embracing the dark side leads to greed and being consumed by a lust for power and money. You become a black hole that is never filled, never satisfied.

Balance in the Force, like the Yin-Yang, seems the best way to go and the best way to exist.

Naturally, there are people who will lean, even heavily, one way or the other. The point is to decide which one you are, understand your own nature, and then be that. Also, understand that no one will ever be totally light or totally dark; no one will ever achieve absolute perfection.

Perhaps if the perfection we strove for was a personal perfection rather than some absolute, impersonal perfection, this world would be a better place and we'd get a lot farther.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by

AnIntellectualRedneck

I believe George Lucas knows a great deal about metaphysics and extraterrestrials than he lets us believe. I am not a star wars follower but I have seen the films and after viewing them for him to have the idea when in the shower well that just doesn't sit right with me. I believe that George Lucas is more of an elitist than we realize.

Nice thread I like threads like these they make you use your mind and spiritual self rather than just reading tat. Unfortunately these sort of threads only get a quick glance and hardly any stars its a shame because I understand what you are trying to say more than you would believe.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Wonderful post and thought provoking. I had not realized you were posting this while I was posting mine on the subject of Awake and Aware, its awesome we are on the same page. Thanks for posting as apparently it is a subject that needs to be addressed.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by franspeakfree

Thanks! And, yeah, I've long wondered about George Lucas and his knowledge of metaphysics. It's possible that he simply had an interest as a kid. It would make sense; it was my interest in sci-fi that led me to become so interested in the paranormal, so I could see it being a reasonable path.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I personally see the term "awake and aware" as it is used on ATS and in the "alternative" media as something much simpler in concept. I think we complicate it to mean something it doesn't, in the context of its usage.

Most who use it are not thinking of a spiritual facet to the phrase. Others, such as yourself, see beyond the "911 was an inside job" concept of being awake, and see it as a spiritual journey. Nothing wrong with that. I just don't see it as applicable in the minds of many who turn the term.

Simply put. For the average person. Being awake and aware is a daily and willful choice of any individual to utilize their critical faculties to analyze and process all information consciously no matter where it comes from, and purposefully placing it where it should be in our subconscious.

Too many of us run around on autopilot. And don't use our analytical skills to chew on things before we ingest them. No matter the source of the information.

S&F.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified

Being awake and aware is a daily and willful choice of any individual to utilize their critical faculties to analyze and process all information consciously no matter where it comes from, and purposefully placing it where it should be in our subconscious.

This, my dear good sir/madam, should go into a dictionary. That was extremely well put and very eloquent.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by AnIntellectualRedneck

I'm just a middle aged man on his own spiritual journey. And I appreciate the gracious words.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
What an interesting topic - and very informative.

I have just been introduced to the depth in which some apply the philosophy and concepts in star wars to their lives. So I will be reading with interest.

I couldn't agree more about balance. And while I learned this wisdom through other means, it fascinates me that it is a cornerstone of the star wars ideology as well.

S&F for the thread - I will be watching and learning - with an increased appreciation for the star wars stories.
edit on 11/19/2011 by Open2Truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by AnIntellectualRedneck

Balance in the Force, like the Yin-Yang, seems the best way to go and the best way to exist.
I am whole-heartedly with you on this metaphilosophical tip. Things are dangerously out of balance in the world. You sound like Master Skywalker. He too searched for a superior solution to an antiquated view . . . but in his case, as a Jedi Knight, Luke felt the Force influenced the Jedi individually. not only as light nature and dark nature. So a new code of conduct and how that code harmonized with the Force, was drafted.

The Jedi of the Old Republic, according to Skywalker, lost sight of the fact that the Force moved through an individual, not from them. His new Jedi Order was predicated on the belief that the Force would prouide it`s own gui dance to each individual, who was bound to act in the best interests of the Force.
www.cuswe.org/search.asp?t=the+force&no=10&EandD=EyDn------Luke`s revision to an "unbiased police force" of the Republic, to one that enbodied a Jedl Order tuned to nature and a conscientious connection to the Force, is akin to interpreting an everyday application as well as an extention of ourselves, two aspects of the Force, in way that encourages balance. :

The point is to decide which you are, understand your own nature, then be that. . . . . Perhaps if the perfection we strove for was a personel perfection rather than some absolute impersonal perfection the world would be a better place and we`d get a lot further.
Okay let`s do it!

edit on 19-11-2011 by Antoniastar because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-11-2011 by Antoniastar because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   
I believe in the force, i believe in the balance of the light and dark. I believe we are driven by the force etc...

first one thing, the jedi code means really There is no emotions, there's only peace, it really means that You can have emotions, you are allowed too, but do not let your emotions drive you, it will lead you to the dark side.

Instead, understand and ackknowledge every emotion you have, don't let it drive you, set your focus, put your emotions aside and then do an action. Never do an action because you feel bad, sad, angry etc... it will lead you to the dark side.

Look at this world, look how people are letting their emotions drive them... what does it do? look at them. look at the world... if every people on this planet would follow the jedi code, there will be peace and the whole global civilization would raise to the next level of consciousness.

Thus, some things is about to occur, it is on the edge... I feel it. if you listen to your feelings instead of thinking about them, you will be able to feel the force within. Don't think, just do. Is it really hard to do? not to think?

Test: Try to do an action without thinking....

We were raised on the dark side, we have been thought to let our emotions drive us. Instead of learning how to understand them and put them aside.

The key: Let it go, it is not worth it.

A weakness: Being mad, frustrated, showing your frustration in front of others or yourself is a weakness. Dealing with your frustration and trying to learn how manipulate and let it go is the key.

Weakness: 2 car side by side at the stop light, you are in a performance car while the other is in one too, just to proove yourself that you ARE better then him, you will try to race him (dark side). Ego.... letting your emotions drive you... Winning or loosing, no difference, it is the same thing, the key is: the balance of winning and loosing is the key. LIke hot and cold, it is the same thing, just a different degree. too cold, you won't like it, to hot, you won't like it either, but a balance of the 2, you'll be happy no?

You have to see everything in a balance. Your talking needs to be balanced as well. Too much positive or negativity in your talking is unbalanced. But if you talk in a balance way, you will spread the wisdom of your heart.

it is not hard nor easy to do, there is only a balance way to do it.

to be healthy you need to be balanced. exercise every day but relax as well. let it go and you will be balanced

may the light guide you through your path

namaste

top topics

join